Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the Model S and X used to have an interior emergency trunk release. So they actively had to change the design to remove it. Many hatchbacks and SUV's do have the release lever even if they don't "have to by law".

Agreed. My 2015 MS had it, although you had to open a cover. There is still a release cable, but it is hidden now.
Ok well good to know, if the 12/15V fails or a child is stuck under the cargo cover in the trunk you can't open the rear hatch manually on the newer S, X, and the Y.
The original requirement was a three year old be able to see and open the emergency release.
It's not inconceivable that the seats could be jammed by cargo and the car has a hard cargo cover, in effect creating an "enclosed trunk". But ok. Tesla saves a few more dollars by not having an escape handle.
When the hatch is closed, and if the rear seat latches are inoperative, doubt an adult could easily get out.

2023 HW4/AP4 Model s Plaid. (have some camera issues getting worked out hopefully), but curious if anyone has had the side mirrors not unfold after parked for a night?

I've noticed some mornings I back out of my garage, MyQ doesn't "engage" to send the close function either when the mirrrors don't unfold after driving forward. This morning it happened again and I sped up to 25mph and it still didn't unfold, had to manually hit unfold button.

• Helpful
Reactions: unk45
2023 HW4/AP4 Model s Plaid. (have some camera issues getting worked out hopefully), but curious if anyone has had the side mirrors not unfold after parked for a night?

I've noticed some mornings I back out of my garage, MyQ doesn't "engage" to send the close function either when the mirrrors don't unfold after driving forward. This morning it happened again and I sped up to 25mph and it still didn't unfold, had to manually hit unfold button.
Have you tried rebooting? Seems like a software glitch.

I would set your car to not fold and lock if you’re comfortable Or just not to lock In your garage. It was probably sleeping and you may have been in a hurry?
i would also recommend if you do this pin to drive.

Mirrors should unfold as soon as the car wakes up, before you even open the door to get in. Sounds like a service call is needed.
I don’t believe this to be wholly correct. If you set the mirrors to fold at a location (our garage for example), then they unfold at a certain speed or through Controls.

Audio... For 22 speakers this 2023 Model S Plaid should sound so much better. My former (2019 M3p) sounded really good for what it was.

Since I've had a loaner Model S longer than I've owned the Plaid (SAD!) I can tell you the 2015-2019 sounds WAY better.. (Not an Audiophile) but there is a clear loudness difference.

I used the fader to check and all four corners work, but when it's on rear only it's no where near what I would expect volume wise.

Audio... For 22 speakers this 2023 Model S Plaid should sound so much better. My former (2019 M3p) sounded really good for what it was.

Since I've had a loaner Model S longer than I've owned the Plaid (SAD!) I can tell you the 2015-2019 sounds WAY better.. (Not an Audiophile) but there is a clear loudness difference.

I used the fader to check and all four corners work, but when it's on rear only it's no where near what I would expect volume wise.
The sound in the new S is crap unless you have the immersive audio set to the highest level. Then it enables the rest of the speakers that aren't used (like the circular ones in the A pillars). At that point it sounds great, and miles better than any other Tesla ever released.

The sound in the new S is crap unless you have the immersive audio set to the highest level. Then it enables the rest of the speakers that aren't used (like the circular ones in the A pillars). At that point it sounds great, and miles better than any other Tesla ever released.
cool tips!

Does the immersive audio have to be set on the highest level instead of auto or low in order to enable the rest of the speaker?

cool tips!

Does the immersive audio have to be set on the highest level instead of auto or low in order to enable the rest of the speaker?
I can't recall... I'll just say that the highest level is the best by far. Now, people might argue that it's not the pure audio, but then again, neither is all of the road noise instead. I can't begin to tell you how utterly awful the sound is in the S without immersive audio set to the highest level. Please go "fix" your sound now. 🤣

I can't recall... I'll just say that the highest level is the best by far. Now, people might argue that it's not the pure audio, but then again, neither is all of the road noise instead. I can't begin to tell you how utterly awful the sound is in the S without immersive audio set to the highest level. Please go "fix" your sound now. 🤣
Thanks, I just set mine tonight so I will have to try it out for a while to see if I like it.

Reactions: WilliamG

It's all relative. Have both MS LR and a MB 560 S class with the Burmiester sound side by side in the garage. Why they are both there and how they fit is another story.

Both set for immersive sound and surround sound, tuned to the same station. I'd say the LR is at least 90% as good as the Benz.

Interesting to note that my '95 Acura stock 4 speaker system with maybe 100 W seems to be a lot louder, if only half as good.

Thanks to @WilliamG for the suggestion. I had the MS sound set to auto, which seems to default to junk. Who would have guessed it turns off speakers?

Note, greater than zero chance my hearing is shot, so your results may vary

Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc