Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, seems like the Plaid trim is shipping now. I’m thinking it would be helpful to have a separate thread for tracking LR deliveries.

Any LR reservations out there that were delivered or assigned a VIN?
Good morning,
I finally received a VIN this morning for the Model S LR I ordered a few days before Tesla announced the refresh. Tesla has been sending my expectations on a roller coaster since I ordered:
In late May, I was excited that my Tesla account was reflecting a June delivery date for a few days. Then, the estimated delivery date would disappear some days, then reappear other days. Soon after the June 10th Plaid delivery event, my estimated delivery date changed to August. Then that date would appear and disappear like the June date discussed previously. After around a week, the estimated delivery date disappeared for good. However, on July 1, I was excited to see that my account reflected an estimated delivery range of July 13-20. Then on July 2, that delivery information disappeared. That brings me to today, July 3, 2021: today my account provides a VIN for my order, but the estimated delivery date has now changed back to August.

Reactions: droopaloop
Hey guys

I got my car! Here is a tip how you may be able to get it faster - what I did was that I made a list of all Tesla delivery centers in my area and called all of them asking if someone refused a delivery and they happen to have any LR Model S in stock. I knew it was a long shot but there are more 10 Tesla delivery centers in Northern California and luckily one had an LR Model S. Apparently the person whom it was for got rejected financing and they haven’t re-assigned the car to anyone else yet as they are super busy so I asked if I can get it and they said yes. The downside is that you have no say in options. In my case I had blue/cream/21” ordered and got a black/black which also looks gorgeous though. So if you are inpatient like me, just call all Tesla delivery centers within the radius you are willing to drive and ask them. Do it periodically and you may get lucky 🤞

PS I traded in a Model 3 Performance, and while I don’t have a dragy I can confirm the LR model S feels faster and pulls after 60 the same way it pulls from 0-60 🤯

Any questions about the car - I will be happy to answer. Good luck everyone, this car is amazing!!!

Attachments

• 9B0B1020-BD92-4A27-A5CA-F6941F3B1BFE.jpeg
    9B0B1020-BD92-4A27-A5CA-F6941F3B1BFE.jpeg
    422.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 4D3FD136-10B4-4E08-8E2F-7C51E27BD3C8.jpeg
    4D3FD136-10B4-4E08-8E2F-7C51E27BD3C8.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 67D1DCDA-7891-4504-841B-FCDBB0CA42FC.jpeg
    67D1DCDA-7891-4504-841B-FCDBB0CA42FC.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 81
Hey guys

I got my car! Here is a tip how you may be able to get it faster - what I did was that I made a list of all Tesla delivery centers in my area and called all of them asking if someone refused a delivery and they happen to have any LR Model S in stock. I knew it was a long shot but there are more 10 Tesla delivery centers in Northern California and luckily one had an LR Model S. Apparently the person whom it was for got rejected financing and they haven’t re-assigned the car to anyone else yet as they are super busy so I asked if I can get it and they said yes. The downside is that you have no say in options. In my case I had blue/cream/21” ordered and got a black/black which also looks gorgeous though. So if you are inpatient like me, just call all Tesla delivery centers within the radius you are willing to drive and ask them. Do it periodically and you may get lucky 🤞

PS I traded in a Model 3 Performance, and while I don’t have a dragy I can confirm the LR model S feels faster and pulls after 60 the same way it pulls from 0-60 🤯

Any questions about the car - I will be happy to answer. Good luck everyone, this car is amazing!!!
Beautiful. I got to say, the wood trim looks a lot grayer than other photos I’ve seen. Does it have a greyish tint in real life? I sure hope so, looks much better than brown.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Beautiful. I got to say, the wood trim looks a lot grayer than other photos I’ve seen. Does it have a greyish tint in real life? I sure hope so, looks much better than brown.
I don’t think the wood trim has any gray feeling to it. The leather seats though are a bit grayish… like charcoal instead of pure black. I love this personally as I don’t like pure black that much. I will do a picture later today with decent lighting as all the pictures I’ve made so far are night photos and don’t show the colors very well.

Reactions: T-Racer and foos
Oh a few cool things I’ve discovered:
1. You can have the backup camera in real full screen, it’s amazing!
2. The sun visors are with magnetic latch, not mechanical!
3. I know my way around the model 3 interior as I took it apart multiple times to soundproof it. I did a thorough inspection of the Model S and:
A) the sound proofing is out of this world!
B) build quality is excellent, I have 3 minor complaints, fixed one myself and will call Tesla mobile service for the other 2. But build quality is top notch!!!

I told the wife if we find anything wrong we would wait to do it. I plan on taking detailed photos before we drive away and review them. Plus I will be giving detailed instructions to the installer to examine it throughly as well before application. We had a MY 7 Seater preordered before this but hopefully that doesn’t make a difference for your DD.
Thank you.....good ideas. Best of luck to you on Monday!!!

Hey guys

Your garage is cleaner than my kitchen! Enjoy, looks great!

good amount of 21s regardless of order date getting filled, happy for all of you! hope I get the same luck next week and my decision to cancel FSD doesnt put me on the sht list like the 19s do

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Here are pics of the trim… wouldn’t say it’s grayish but it’s cracked (on purpose), to make it look more real. Wife says it looks fake but what does she know 🤷🏻‍♂️😃

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: cwanja