Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi- New to the site and new to Tesla ownership. Sold my BMW M3 convertible last week as part of the "unburdening" process of getting ready for the delivery. My order number is 11513 and when I ordered in late May or early June (cant recall exactly) I was told Sept/Oct delivery. Order page was blank for a long time and last week it was populated with October...which is exactly what I was told and expecting.
I am ordering the MS long range in black with black interior on 19" wheels. No full driving. Since I live in the far north in Vermont, I will be equipping the car with an additional set of winter wheels and snows. I plan to drive year round and wondering how the snow performance of the MS is.

Hi folks, back to August this morning. I decided to call the Santa Barbara delivery center just for the heck of it. They said about 9 S’s have been delivered so far and a mix of Plaid and LR. Also, he said it’s best to have your profile 100% completed to help with prioritization. This includes proof of insurance of your current vehicle. I did it just to be safe.

For those with Vins, did you have your profile completed 100%?

Last edited:
Hi folks, back to August this morning. I decided to call the Santa Barbara delivery center just for the heck of it. They said about 9 S’s have been delivered so far and a mix of Plaid and LR. Also, he said it’s best to have your profile 100% completed to help with prioritization. This includes proof of insurance of your current vehicle. I did it just to be safe.

For those with Vins, did your profile completed 100%?
Hrmm. I would think that’s only applicable for states that require your Tesla on insurance before delivery. But that requires a VIN. Which would have to come from Tesla. Which would have to be producing a vehicle. I cannot see how it helps.

Yes I completed it 100%. I would ignore the states that "require a vin on proof of insurance" part. I'm from GA (supposed to have VIN on insurance per Tesla site) and uploaded my old vehicles insurance just to get the check mark. Right before I took delivery I updated my insurance with my Model S VIN with no problem. Does it make a difference? who knows. I just didn't want to take a chance.

Our July date disappeared after 48 hours. 🥺
Hi- New to the site and new to Tesla ownership. Sold my BMW M3 convertible last week as part of the "unburdening" process of getting ready for the delivery. My order number is 11513 and when I ordered in late May or early June (cant recall exactly) I was told Sept/Oct delivery. Order page was blank for a long time and last week it was populated with October...which is exactly what I was told and expecting.
I am ordering the MS long range in black with black interior on 19" wheels. No full driving. Since I live in the far north in Vermont, I will be equipping the car with an additional set of winter wheels and snows. I plan to drive year round and wondering how the snow performance of the MS is.
I own a 17 S and have a new one in order. Snow performance in Ohio is excellent. Low center of gravity a s all wheel drive make it very stable

I did this a little over a month ago and stayed blank till last week. Not sure it helped, but know it couldn’t hurt.

Reactions: legend_of_jim
What’s the longest someone has had a VIN without getting their car? Original VIN on 6/25 with delivery date of 6/28-6/30. No delivery. Different VIN on 6/30 with delivery 7/2-7/3. Now 7/3-7/8 but per Tesla, car hasn’t left Fremont.
Got my VIN morning of 6/24. Original delivery 6/29, “transit delays”.. Current delivery set for Tuesday 7/6.

Reactions: JimLL