Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to July 25th - August 8th this morning from just August.

This was the email my SA sent me the day I ordered...

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 10.49.55 AM.png

My name is not Michael, lol.

[Crossposting]

Slight change in delivery range this morning - July 12-19. Looks like I'll be playing the day-by-day pushback game for a while... Still no VIN obviously.

EDD History - 4-11 Weeks --> June 1-30 --> August --> Blank --> August --> July 11-18 --> July 12-19.
Same here. Went from July 11 to 12.

Anyone else notice the Tesla site logging you out multiple times a day in the last 48 hours? Not that I’m checking. 🙄

I used to maybe login once a day and it would keep me logged in. Now it’s every couple of hours.
Weird. Never got logged out but once a week or once every two weeks. Although now I am actively logging myself out to hope for a change hah. As @Ovrt23 says, 19” hell.

Houston SAs have been amazing in working with me. They got my discount, fixed loan and deposit amounts, generated MVPA, checked car location, basically everything they could to get me a car on the 13th before we go on vacation, or on the 14th so I could fly from New Orleans instead of from Pensacola.

Nashville has been quite annoying. After saying they could do the 13th for a most of this week, they changed it to the 14th without telling anyone. After I got a plane ticket for their new time they changed it again without telling anyone. This morning they changed it to the 16th without telling anyone. When I asked why, my SA in Houston said he didn't know. The car is still getting to Nashville on the 14th. I asked if I could pickup on the 18th, after we get home from vacation, he said that is outside of the 3 days so he will have call them.

TLDR Houston good, Nashville bad.

Reactions: cwanja
[cross-post from main delivery tracking thread]

Same here. Went from July 11 to 12.
So here's what I just learned from an SA at my local Tesla store about this narrow timeframe. She seemed more knowledgeable than most and said the estimate was wrong. Take that for what it's worth.

When she looked up my RN, she said that my order is scheduled for a "Soft VIN Match - Build Planning" by end of next week. She explained that this meant my order configuration will be checked against batches currently being built to see if there is a match. As soon as there is a match, the VIN gets assigned. She said that I should not expect delivery until at least Aug 10-20 at this point based on that status and the typical timeframes she has seen for others between this status and actual delivery. She may not be accounting for recent ramp up though, so might be some hope. For now, guess I need to contain my excitement about getting my car next week after having seen the estimated delivery date. As others have said many times, until you have a VIN, there is no way to predict when you will get your car.

Will check back with SA end of next week to see if there has been an update, if I have not yet received a VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: Jjc8 and MarcG
Just got off the phone with a SA in Nashville. They predicted Sept delivery for my LR even thought it was ordered in Jan... RN 1144. Really hope that's just more SA nonsense.
I highly doubt that's a date from your actual account. I'm a jan order with RN1144 as well and my SA told me the same thing. I replied asking "is that actually a date on my account or are you just going to the new orders page on Tesla.com and giving me whatever month is on there?"

The reply: "I was just getting it from Tesla.com".......

• Funny
Reactions: Ovrt23
[cross-post from main delivery tracking thread]

So here's what I just learned from an SA at my local Tesla store about this narrow timeframe. She seemed more knowledgeable than most and said the estimate was wrong. Take that for what it's worth.

When she looked up my RN, she said that my order is scheduled for a "Soft VIN Match - Build Planning" by end of next week. She explained that this meant my order configuration will be checked against batches currently being built to see if there is a match. As soon as there is a match, the VIN gets assigned. She said that I should not expect delivery until at least Aug 10-20 at this point based on that status and the typical timeframes she has seen for others between this status and actual delivery. She may not be accounting for recent ramp up though, so might be some hope. For now, guess I need to contain my excitement about getting my car next week after having seen the estimated delivery date. As others have said many times, until you have a VIN, there is no way to predict when you will get your car.

Will check back with SA end of next week to see if there has been an update, if I have not yet received a VIN.
Unfortunately for some here, even the VIN wasn’t indicative of imminent delivery. I’ll believe I’m getting my car when I’m driving away from the SC in it.

Reactions: Danlbrau and cwanja
I highly doubt that's a date from your actual account. I'm a jan order with RN1144 as well and my SA told me the same thing. I replied asking "is that actually a date on my account or are you just going to the new orders page on Tesla.com and giving me whatever month is on there?"

The reply: "I was just getting it from Tesla.com".......
You should ask your SA to look up your RN and read you what the status says. Apparently, they have more information than they typically share. Some SAs seem too lazy to look it up. You can also use the tesla.com chat and get an agent to look up your order. The status they see is NOT reflected on your account.