Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright gang, my date changed to August right after I got the vin. I haven’t received the email or text yet, but there is all the history.

Order Date: February 5th, 2021
Location, Ventura County, California
My date was originally a firm March, but changed frequently since April.

March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> Blank -> June -> June 21-30 -> June -> Blank -> June -> August -> June 22 - 30 -> Blank (for 5 days) -> August ->Blank -> August -> June 27 - 30th -> August (for 6 days) July 10th -18th (as of this morning) then I got the Vin around 6PM PDT. As you saw in my screenshot, the EDD then updated with the Vin and an August delivery date. It has now updated to July 10th - 14th.

MS LR, MSM, Arachnids, no FSD. No changes ever made.

For what it’s worth, my SA was right. He said my forecasted build date was 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago, then just July 6th, he confirmed it moved to 1 week and today I have a Vin. Thousands of refreshes later.
Thx for detailed infos

Reactions: legend_of_jim
I have just a simple question. You guys been talking about SAs. Is there any designated SA for each order or you guys just calling random SA in same delivery center?
At least for me, an SA emailed me a few days after placing my reservation saying congrats and all that crap. He's the main person I'm supposed to talk to even though he's pretty useless.

Is this the one you have received from your SA?

'Welcome to the Tesla Family! The Road Ahead with your Local Tesla Team- ~~~~~~~Tesla Advisor'
Yup! That looks like it's the one. Mine started "
Thank you so much for taking the time to place your order online. Congratulations on your Tesla Model S order! I am excited for you to join the Tesla family!". Maybe they dont have 100% standardized template. But whoever sent that is most likely the one assigned to your account.

I have just a simple question. You guys been talking about SAs. Is there any designated SA for each order or you guys just calling random SA in same delivery center?
I was assigned an SA the same day I ordered. He had reached out to me.
I’ve never been contacted by an SA since my order. There was a guy I was dealing with in one of the mall stores, but all contact with Tesla has been initiated by me.

Reactions: bananaheim
Thanks for the advice.I will get a second set.
May I suggest calling tire/wheel experts and consulting with them? Possibly tire rack or the like? A quality set of hub centric spacers (that aren’t excessively thick) are safe and often TUV approved with the more reputable brands, like h&R. In other cars I’ve used 5-15mm hubcentric spacers for years with zero issues.

key is quality and proper fitment and proper lug studs.

Reactions: Neon001
Any way to tell if people are getting newly built cars vs the ones sitting on the lot for months? Are the VINs sequential? If it’s sequential, just wondering what the highest VIN is so far.

i ordered LR black/black/21”/no FSD in mid May. It showed delivery Oct for a while and blank today.

Any way to tell if people are getting newly built cars vs the ones sitting on the lot for months? Are the VINs sequential? If it’s sequential, just wondering what the highest VIN is so far.

i ordered LR black/black/21”/no FSD in mid May. It showed delivery Oct for a while and blank today.
Not everyone is sharing enough digits, and some people are hiding all last 6, but the highest I’ve seen is MF435xxx
For reference, the earliest refresh VINs I’ve seen are MF430xxx

From the video that @gabeincal just posted, it seems that the cars in the temp lot (~ 450 +/-1) are still untouched. Video from June 8th and yesterday still have vehicles in the same spot.

Reactions: gabeincal
Received this around 10am ET;

Did you know your phone is your Tesla key? Meet Your Tesla
Informational: No Action Required - For delivery timeline updates please refer to your MyTesla account Tesla SSO - Sign In

Yesterday went from Blank for months to July

Today a text about my phone being my Key.

Progress continues...