Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[cross-post from main delivery tracking thread]

So here's what I just learned from an SA at my local Tesla store about this narrow timeframe. She seemed more knowledgeable than most and said the estimate was wrong. Take that for what it's worth.

When she looked up my RN, she said that my order is scheduled for a "Soft VIN Match - Build Planning" by end of next week. She explained that this meant my order configuration will be checked against batches currently being built to see if there is a match. As soon as there is a match, the VIN gets assigned. She said that I should not expect delivery until at least Aug 10-20 at this point based on that status and the typical timeframes she has seen for others between this status and actual delivery. She may not be accounting for recent ramp up though, so might be some hope. For now, guess I need to contain my excitement about getting my car next week after having seen the estimated delivery date. As others have said many times, until you have a VIN, there is no way to predict when you will get your car.

Will check back with SA end of next week to see if there has been an update, if I have not yet received a VIN.
Take it for what you will, but that just goes against so many others. Who got a narrow range, VIN and then delivery. Not a month later.

And then there’s wild other situations. It’s all a cluster fudge and anyone’s guess. Just some monkey with neurolink hooked up assigning dates and VIN.

Reactions: doubleshot
You should ask your SA to look up your RN and read you what the status says. Apparently, they have more information than they typically share. Some SAs seem too lazy to look it up. You can also use the tesla.com chat and get an agent to look up your order. The status they see is NOT reflected on your account.
Yea, my SA sucks and will not give me that information. I've also tried going on Tesla chat a few times.. first time the guy was a complete ass-hat and literally went "well I've been here since March and NO LR is being delivered before September..." (yea... sure buddy). Just tried again and the guy said he couldn't see any status's and that the account still shows an August month (even though that doesn't show on my account)

I have just a simple question. You guys been talking about SAs. Is there any designated SA for each order or you guys just calling random SA in same delivery center?
I was contacted by a sales associate called "Tesla Loyalty Advisor" around June 5th after I cancelled my Plaid order from last Oct 1 2020. She told me they can help me drive a MS by end of June. I sat on it and we went back and forth with phone calls and emails. I ordered my MSLR on June 10th and she included a delivery advisor also in the loop. We talk and exchange emails. She wanted to see my car pics as I told her I am planning to trade-in.

Take it for what you will, but that just goes against so many others. Who got a narrow range, VIN and then delivery. Not a month later.

And then there’s wild other situations. It’s all a cluster fudge and anyone’s guess. Just some monkey with neurolink hooked up assigning dates and VIN.
the visual of this caught me offguard and made me crack up lol

Reactions: Raska and cwanja
Hi all,

Just my check in for today. My vin is still there from ~6pm last night with an EDD of July 10th - 14th. I still haven’t received the email or text notifying me. SA confirmed it was born July 7th at 7:21 AM :,).

For those who got Vins, how long was it till you received the email for the final steps?
Trying to remember your process... Did you have a month, then time frame, then VIN? Trying to piece together the puzzles

Has anyone that has gotten the new LR come from the Raven version MS? If so I wonder what your impressions are vs the older model.

We have a 2019 Raven and really like it and wondering if the changes to the new LR are worth upgrading for? We do lots of driving so ride comfort, noise level, wh/mi efficiency, time to charge (15% to 70% typically) are keys for us.

Based on the videos the interior is definitely nicer and having the rear seats fold flat (er) obvious. I think I could get used to the yoke and lack of stalks but my wife will be less excited about that. Out kids are grown so there is no value to us in the gaming stuff and 0-60+ times don’t matter as our existing car is more than quick enough.

Reactions: bllydia and cwanja
Yea, my SA sucks and will not give me that information. I've also tried going on Tesla chat a few times.. first time the guy was a complete ass-hat and literally went "well I've been here since March and NO LR is being delivered before September..." (yea... sure buddy). Just tried again and the guy said he couldn't see any status's and that the account still shows an August month (even though that doesn't show on my account)

Most of the SAs have less information than us. My actual SA was on vacation during my delivery, and I believe he was the only one at the location who actually knew what was up. Really nice folks but corporate is giving them jack as far as information, I don’t believe they can help it much.

They had me pick up at the Park Meadows CO mall store. The people at the store had no idea I was coming and told me at first “we don’t do deliveries here, and there are no LRs being delivered.” Interesting, because one of the guys from Littleton just told me he was on his way there with the car.

The woman at the store congratulated me on my Plaid (it’s not a plaid) and mentioned how all the LRs are waiting til September. I just didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to believe my car was being delivered until I actually saw it

One of the other guys in the store then called the SC and was totally surprised I was picking up a LR.

The guy from Littleton arrived and we walked out to a special Tesla area in the parking garage, and my car was there. He said they’d only delivered 7-8 refreshes in CO and they were all Plaid. It sounds like I may have been the first LR in Colorado. A little weird feeling.

Hi all,

Just my check in for today. My vin is still there from ~6pm last night with an EDD of July 10th - 14th. I still haven’t received the email or text notifying me. SA confirmed it was born July 7th at 7:21 AM :,).

For those who got Vins, how long was it till you received the email for the final steps?

3 days for me.

Reactions: legend_of_jim
I really hope they dont cuck me after a first ever delivery frame :(
If anyone here deserves a car, you and all the others with orders from last year do. I hope it's really happening for ya.

Some of the shenanigans that goes on with these deliveries is just so absurd. The guy in this yoke experience video actually said something like "I have no idea why I got my car so early, because I ordered it in June of 21 and the website said I wasn't supposed to get it until October, but I'm not complaining." Yeah, he got his LR several days ago... ugh.

Just got off the phone with a SA in Nashville. They predicted Sept delivery for my LR even thought it was ordered in Jan... RN 1144. Really hope that's just more SA nonsense.
I don't think it is. I was told by Tesla management that 19 production wouldn't even begin until August. So I have to assume end of August since this is Tesla after all. So September sounds on-track. That is why I switched to 21's. But now there is the price increase so I think you are kinda stuck. :(