Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
feb black cream 19s fsd. no need for a hold up other than 19s. sept 14 deadline then out country until march. Thought original deadline was late oct and Never expected the car to take this long. was dream car but will just buy something else next year, by then the price will have risen on the base lr model, fsd will have risen and no way want to go through this all over again for even more money.
FWIW there may be something to waiting until you're back in March - it's possible that a) the economy tanks a bit and b) demand (and prices) COULD drop.
I think there's enough demand here and abroad that prices won't drop but hey, it's Tesla!

Does anyone have any idea if "newer" deliveries have small improvements or revisions from the first batch or prior units? For example, we know there's some 450 cars in the temp lot. My guess is wrong wheels. Not sure if any other issues. but, if they're like a bug stuck in amber, unlike newly produced cars, these would have had whatever issues were present when they were built a month or two ago.

We had the first 25 deliveries - I don't want to call them alpha or beta units, but we know some of the panels may not have lined up perfectly, there's the alignment issue on the driver rear door interior trim, etc. I imagine these 25 were hand picked and/or gone over super carefully as bad reviews could have hurt the brand.

Tesla has historically made improvements versus timed blatant model revisions.
So basically, other than the prior EOQ rush to get things out the door, do we know if any of the assembly machines were realigned, or issues resolved, etc.?

Truthfully, other than some fitment, and of course software, I'm not hearing about any major issues. I don't nkow if we'll learn of things in 6 months like LED bulbs burning out or wires ripping or becoming undone.

As I wait (quasi patiently) and refresh (somewhat maniacally) I try to assuage myself and say, "at least they're working out bugs...improving software...waiting is good...."
at least that's what I tell myself...

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Does anyone have any idea if "newer" deliveries have small improvements or revisions from the first batch or prior units? For example, we know there's some 450 cars in the temp lot. My guess is wrong wheels. Not sure if any other issues. but, if they're like a bug stuck in amber, unlike newly produced cars, these would have had whatever issues were present when they were built a month or two ago.

We had the first 25 deliveries - I don't want to call them alpha or beta units, but we know some of the panels may not have lined up perfectly, there's the alignment issue on the driver rear door interior trim, etc. I imagine these 25 were hand picked and/or gone over super carefully as bad reviews could have hurt the brand.

Tesla has historically made improvements versus timed blatant model revisions.
So basically, other than the prior EOQ rush to get things out the door, do we know if any of the assembly machines were realigned, or issues resolved, etc.?

Truthfully, other than some fitment, and of course software, I'm not hearing about any major issues. I don't nkow if we'll learn of things in 6 months like LED bulbs burning out or wires ripping or becoming undone.

As I wait (quasi patiently) and refresh (somewhat maniacally) I try to assuage myself and say, "at least they're working out bugs...improving software...waiting is good...."
at least that's what I tell myself...
If there was major panel alignment that we saw constantly, I would say yes - something could get retooled. But the major things we have seen are:
  • Rear passenger door alignment - this is a parts issue and a bad one at that. Going to have to go through the current supply before adjusting it. If they even do that
  • Yoke vein / stitching on the back of nubs - again, fulfillment issues. Doing to go through the supplies and hopefully the next batch is being improved
Beyond that, I have seen minor misalignments that some members want fixed, some do not. There is a lot of software things being reported. But I think that is just because the software version was rushed for the June 10th event and not actual bugs. Hopefully a future update for that version specifically or V11 will resolve it.

I think what you might be after would be incremental improvements - like 25W or 30W inductive charging mats instead of 15W (for example, no clue what they actually are). There is too little currently being delivered right now to distinguish I would say.

• Informative
Reactions: lurker131
I remember someone saying that you could have a friend pick up your car if you're out of town. Not sure if it's possible now. But you better call your SA and check if there's anything they can do.
This is correct. I was on vacation and had a friend act as my proxy. The guidance I got from Tesla was if I trusted them to provide the proxy with my username and password. He then logged into the app as me and accepted the car.

Reactions: Jet007
If there was major panel alignment that we saw constantly, I would say yes - something could get retooled. But the major things we have seen are:
  • Rear passenger door alignment - this is a parts issue and a bad one at that. Going to have to go through the current supply before adjusting it. If they even do that
  • Yoke vein / stitching on the back of nubs - again, fulfillment issues. Doing to go through the supplies and hopefully the next batch is being improved
Beyond that, I have seen minor misalignments that some members want fixed, some do not. There is a lot of software things being reported. But I think that is just because the software version was rushed for the June 10th event and not actual bugs. Hopefully a future update for that version specifically or V11 will resolve it.

I think what you might be after would be incremental improvements - like 25W or 30W inductive charging mats instead of 15W (for example, no clue what they actually are). There is too little currently being delivered right now to distinguish I would say.
thanks - I think you summed it up perfectly.
I'm still not convinced the yoke worm is a flaw (I know, some folks have perfect ones) - but my German car has one as well - I looked up the other day, and thought it might be integral to the function of the airbag - for example - does the airbag cause a cover to flap and allow the bag out, or does that wire heat up quickly or otherwise act like those red strings you pull to open gum or candy? I have no idea - but I DO have that worm in my existing car.
The other thing I find curious about it, is if it was a wire to say, allow the horn to work...well, that wouldn't be at the center of the yoke as there is unfortunately no horn there (to my knowledge)! It would be GREAT if there was really a horn in the center, and after hearing from users, maybe they would software enable it.
Hey, I can dream, right?

Believe me, I feel your pain. Even after spending the money to upgrade the wheels to 21 inches, I still have no car. It is the white interior for sure. Then again, others with white interior are getting their cars.
Same boat over here. Mine has said August now for months. Changed to 21s hoping for some magic... Nothing

Reactions: MX16MS16MS21
Delivery appointment updated in my account from June 15 to June 18. No communication regarding reason for delay. No surprise there. Only text I received was the original one saying the delivery date/time is tentative and likely to fluctuate and I should wait to hear directly from delivery team. No word from them yet. Waiting is actually harder knowing it can be any day now...on pins and needles.

Reactions: cwanja
Since my early June order, I have updated my color from white to msm, changed from 19s, to 21s, to 19s, and not once has my EDD changed. Its October, etched in stone. I would not expect it to get closer, thats not my point, but Id assume the "blank" showing up means something good for you all!
im hoping it does.....out of curiosity, where do you wash your car? Im thinking of opening a car wash in wakefield...no good options.

we know there's some 450 cars in the temp lot. My guess is wrong wheels.

Great informative post btw. I just wanted to expand on a few points you mentioned.

Do we really know that there are 450 cars just sitting there? Your guess is "wrong wheels", but seems like putting on 21s would be a quick fix to ship???

How did you conclude that there have been only 25 deliveries? I thought I have seen and people reporting lots of car carriers with Model S' on them for weeks now.

Thanks!!

Do we really know that there are 450 cars just sitting there? Your guess is "wrong wheels", but seems like putting on 21s would be a quick fix to ship???
Some of them even have 21s. So not sure what the misfit lot is going to be used for. @gabeincal video last week showed a checklist on the dash of some of them. So it could be a bad part discovers after the fact. Who knows what will happen to them.

im hoping it does.....out of curiosity, where do you wash your car? Im thinking of opening a car wash in wakefield...no good options.

OMG thats hilarious! Ive stated the same to my wife many times, as she works in South Kingstown. I go to Gingers in Westerly.

That being said, want a business partner? I own a Web Design & Digital Marketing studio in Westerly. I can market it well! HA!

are you folks able to change your wheel selection within the account? Or only way is via contacting your SA and having them do it? I never saw any option after I finalized my order and entered all of my insurance info..
You have to contact a SA. Also be aware any changes at this point will also chance the pricing on the car to the new pricing ($85,000 now vs. $80,000 you likely originally ordered for).

Reactions: cwanja