Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to this forum with Model S LR 19" ordered in March RN1147*. Has anyone received messages like this in Texas ? This Wass in may.

I just wanted to reach out to you and let you know that the Model X and Model S have pushed out their delivery dates, and are expected to be out for customers in December at this point... I apologize for this delay and inconvenience, but I will keep you updated if anything changes, which hopefully so. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions. For now, your account is still good to go.

Not necessarily; in the last earnings call, he mentioned that S/X actually lost money in aggregate; with the vast majority of Q2 ships being Plaids, it would imply that they're not making much money on any portion of the line yet
There are two ways to interpret that: 1) Each Model S and model X losing money. This is hard to believe and would point to terrible miscalculations in cost. 2) That the S and X production lines lost money overall: this is more likely as the cost of inventory (on hold) would have greatly surpassed the revenue generated by a few cars being shipped. If #1 is true, Tesla is losing money on every S and X at February prices, then sell their stock, because an additional $7K will not offset the cost of holding inventory and rework resulting from spoilage. But this doesn't make sense: no way that the delta between a model 3 and an S is worth $60K. The models X and S have huge margins as they always have to be able to bankroll development of the Model 3. And costs are well known after so many years producing it.

It's BS, you can see the rims in those dusty cars outside! If that is the excuse then why have cars sitting in a lot with both 19 and 21"? Tesla could call me and see if I will accept a different rim and I would most likely accept. Hell I'll accept the opposite of everything I selected!!! No, those cars can't ship because something is missing or a material or quality non-conformance. I work at Honeywell in production programs for space programs...I know the drill ;) And it is obvious that ANY order of a PLAID takes priority and probably parts form those cars outside regardless of how early they were ordered...rightly so, as plaid is most likely giving Tesla a 75% gross margin...that is a huge profit...
No, not “rightly so” in prioritizing Plaid when Tesla sold me a car representing an EDD of February/March. An ethical company would do their best to honor that representation as best they can as opposed to devoting parts to newer higher margin orders.

No, not “rightly so” in prioritizing Plaid when Tesla sold me a car representing an EDD of February/March. An ethical company would do their best to honor that representation as best they can as opposed to devoting parts to newer higher margin orders.
This is proven! go look a the spreadsheet for deliveries: there are people who ordered PLAIDs in June and got them in July...how do explain that when they clearly have a thousand cars sitting outside collecting dust?

This is proven! go look a the spreadsheet for deliveries: there are people who ordered PLAIDs in June and got them in July...how do explain that when they clearly have a thousand cars sitting outside collecting dust?
Oh, I know Tesla is doing it. I am just saying it is not right. An ethical company would do its best to honor its prior representations, particularly given how grossly off those representations were.

Reactions: Danlbrau
Oh, I know Tesla is doing it. I am just saying it is not right. An ethical company would do its best to honor its prior representations, particularly given how grossly off those representations were.
Gotcha, yeah, not ethical and not customer oriented...they suck...if it wasn't because their Autopilot and FSD are awesome, I would go elsewhere...

Reactions: Danlbrau
No longer lurking. May change wheels and exterior color in future (happy with white/black/msm) and prefer 21”. Figure I’ll have until at least March to think about it. This will be a lease and my first Tesla. Anyone know a quick way to find the buyout price at lease end?
You might reconsider some of the details in that image. Not that I can do much with your reservation number, but your full address is listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I was told yesterday from an OA (expect delivery December to Jan for my RN1151)
Weird, I called my SA yesterday and said he expects my RN1152 to be in end of September or early October. He also said to take what other SA’s say with a grain of salt. He looked up my order and still said end of September to early October

He also said to take what other SA’s say with a grain of salt. He looked up my order and still said end of September to early October
And those SAs probably say the same.
5ikqx9.jpg

Last edited: