Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I added both me and my wife to the registration when I purchased it earlier this year, which has turned out to be a risky mistake. With the new timelines, I am concerned that it may become available when she is out of town.

Questions for people who have purchased any new Tesla before:
  1. How strict are they about both people on the registration showing up for delivery?
  2. And if they're strict, is it possible to remove her from the registration in the chance that after 6 months of waiting, they schedule delivery in the 4 day window when she's not available to join me at pick up?

how on earth you going up im going back. this process makes no sense.
Location can be a factor, but we'll never really know. This process in general has been very frustrating. It looks like you've been waiting longer or as long as I have, so I know how you feel with the wait. My date can be pushed back or yours can be pushed up in the coming weeks to come. But it seems like we're getting out car soon finally. Hang in there!

Location can be a factor, but we'll never really know. This process in general has been very frustrating. It looks like you've been waiting longer or as long as I have, so I know how you feel with the wait. My date can be pushed back or yours can be pushed up in the coming weeks to come. But it seems like we're getting out car soon finally. Hang in there!
i had a september deadline will have to cancel, and will never be back.. Asked them to put hold on it they said they don't do that anymore

@boskog - my EDD just improved to 9/4 to Raleigh SC...did yours improve as well?
Unfortunately & predictably my range slipped to Oct.6-26 as have so many others. The tesla “Hopium” high is very short lived as usual. I am thoroughly disgusted that we lost our place on the Sept. Raleigh express which seems to carry very few MSs to this area. This buying experience has tested my last nerve as we shuffle back & forth with the timing of selling our current car. I know that there are supply issues blah blah blah but STOP with the false date ranges already! It serves no purpose other than to inflame an already frustrated group of loyal customers who deserve to be treated better than we have been during this painful process. Were the false flag date ranges (after the letter) meant to quell the rising tide of customer discontent???

Unfortunately & predictably my range slipped to Oct.6-26 as have so many others. The tesla “Hopium” high is very short lived as usual. I am thoroughly disgusted that we lost our place on the Sept. Raleigh express which seems to carry very few MSs to this area. This buying experience has tested my last nerve as we shuffle back & forth with the timing of selling our current car. I know that there are supply issues blah blah blah but STOP with the false date ranges already! It serves no purpose other than to inflame an already frustrated group of loyal customers who deserve to be treated better than we have been during this painful process. Were the false flag date ranges (after the letter) meant to quell the rising tide of customer discontent???
they were just to shut people up. They have the products available, they just put the 19s or the interiors into the plaids, even if your order a plaid today. You would think they would at least put a hold on orders still. Told them for months had to leave overseas for work and would do whatever config change to take delivery, even accept different car, but was told consistently car was being built.

They make you wait nearly a year to take delivery you should be allowed to place a hold on the order

Reactions: Gaskinse
My dude, either you want an estimate or you don’t. I understand your frustration, I feel it too, but complaining that your estimate keeps changing is just going to make you mad and solve nothing. I’d rather have a rough date range than nothing. My guess is that you slipped out of the prior production run for blue and cream and now you’re in the next lot.

@Ovrt23 I don’t see the point of canceling. They got your $100. Might as well hang in and see if your car shows up before you leave. If not, make their lives slightly more difficult by canceling once it’s in production.

People complain either way. I appreciate they are trying to communicate but dealing with supply chain and logistics issues.
(Just finished building a new house and Tesla's issues with delivery forecasts pale in comparison to just about everything we needed for the house.)

Pushed back from sept 21-30 to october 5-25. black cream lr 19s. Officially will have to cancel. Unreal. Wanted to upgrade to 21s was told car was being built not to change then 5 hours later price increase. Unreal I ordered in feb, common confi, people with later rns already with cars. There is no way it goes back a month if they're not prioritizing higher post increase orders
Oh no! I have the same configuration and EDD (Sept 21-30), should I expect a kick down too?