Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aegis in Dublin, I got my X7 done there, pretty good. I know a few other folks who go there for all their cars. Check them out. I can DM you more info if interested.
I live in Pleasanton and I have a RN1148xxx Blue/Black/19" with an EDD of Sep 21-30th. Still waiting on VIN. That said I'm interested in the paint protection - ball park approximately what does it cost on a new model S LR?

Reactions: donandersonjr
RNs are seemingly meaningless at this point. I'm sitting on an 1144 (launch day order) and still scheduled for Sept 20-30.
A “launch day order” is not at the top of the list; many of us who ordered long before any word of an impending refresh have lower order numbers. Mine is RN1143, with a current EDD of September 01-04. With some exceptions (e.g., white interiors), the EDD dates that people are posting are roughly correlated with the RN order number sequence with variations based upon where the car is being delivered.

My delivery date was set Friday 08/20/21 for 09/03/21 and my MVPA still shows the full amount without the $2,000 discount. When did you receive / notice the discount on yours in relationship to setting your fixed delivery date?

View attachment 701128View attachment 701127
I called three times last week about the 2,000. I was assured each time it has been noted and the payment would reflect it. Surprise, surprise. The total hit my bank. If something can go wrong with the buying experience with Tesla it most assuredly will. Now I've talked with 2 people today to get the situation straightened out. I told them I wanted it fixed before I pick up the car on Saturday. I'm really doubtful the pickup will go smoothly or there will be too many flaws. Will be fun to get my money back if the deal falls through.

I called three times last week about the 2,000. I was assured each time it has been noted and the payment would reflect it. Surprise, surprise. The total hit my bank. If something can go wrong with the buying experience with Tesla it most assuredly will. Now I've talked with 2 people today to get the situation straightened out. I told them I wanted it fixed before I pick up the car on Saturday. I'm really doubtful the pickup will go smoothly or there will be too many flaws. Will be fun to get my money back if the deal falls through.

I am bringing a bank check for $2k less than the MVPA and let them figure it out if it still shows before my appointment. Not giving them access to any of my accounts other than the ordinal CC order fee

You are also South California which is historically end of quarter due to easy logistics (day or two trip from Factory to delivery).
My point was that 1148 orders -- which were made 3 months after 1144 orders -- are being filled up to a month earlier than my 1144 (or others that are even earlier).

Geography also seems to be less of a factor. OP with 1148 late April order was in Northern California (less than 40 miles from Fremont) and scheduled for delivery as early as today.

They are basically now batching up to 5 months of orders (counting some late December orders -- and possibly some other early ones that are still pending) within the next 36 days. In other words, RN doesn't mean as much anymore.

Reactions: cwanja
I am currently at the SC in Raleigh and far from impressed. The car is beautiful but it has the typical issues, misaligned panels and noticeable gaps. I also have the worm issue. The problem is they have been screwing up the delivery process. First they were trying to give me the wrong car. Second when I am ready to finalize everything, they can’t activate the car on my phone because they forgot to tight the lug nuts 😵

• Helpful
Reactions: DG Tiger
I am currently at the SC in Raleigh and far from impressed. The car is beautiful but it has the typical issues, misaligned panels and noticeable gaps. I also have the worm issue. The problem is they have been screwing up the delivery process. First they were trying to give me the wrong car. Second when I am ready to finalize everything, they can’t activate the car on my phone because they forgot to tight the lug nuts 😵
Sorry to hear that. I've not been particularly impressed with the Raleigh SAs, so this isn't surprising.

Also, what's the "worm issue"?

EDIT: nevermind, it's the colloquialism for the small ripple/vein in the middle of the steering wheel near the Tesla logo where the airbag deploys. Looks more veiny to me...

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and mlopes
Wow! Wait is over. Stopped to post a few pics before arriving home to show family. First impressions later.

Attachments

• EC1011DF-433A-47E4-9F6E-6F2DE20685EB.jpeg
    EC1011DF-433A-47E4-9F6E-6F2DE20685EB.jpeg
    689.1 KB · Views: 104
  • ADA1BD25-A519-4260-9D08-DBC54E96F569.jpeg
    ADA1BD25-A519-4260-9D08-DBC54E96F569.jpeg
    541.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 145C2A53-C274-434F-ABD4-F2560FEB3E7A.jpeg
    145C2A53-C274-434F-ABD4-F2560FEB3E7A.jpeg
    714.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 26435374-A0E6-48C5-9135-CBD23958F996.jpeg
    26435374-A0E6-48C5-9135-CBD23958F996.jpeg
    925 KB · Views: 63
  • 4F5575FB-CD05-42D9-9598-85AC7968C4AC.jpeg
    4F5575FB-CD05-42D9-9598-85AC7968C4AC.jpeg
    732.9 KB · Views: 79
Ordered lr white, black, 19in wheels jan 27th. Got my email to pay 8/20/21. My EDD is Sept 4th. I get married Sept 5th and have my rehearsal dinner Sept 4th so it'll be cutting it real close. May not be able to get it until after my two week honeymoon. And then who knows when I'll be in line afterwards.

SC is in Raleigh which, from personal experience, is a horrible place to get service. The last time I went they told me they were too busy and to drive 3 hrs back home. The appointment was scheduled for three weeks.

Reactions: patt0n
Ordered lr white, black, 19in wheels jan 27th. Got my email to pay 8/20/21. My EDD is Sept 4th. I get married Sept 5th and have my rehearsal dinner Sept 4th so it'll be cutting it real close. May not be able to get it until after my two week honeymoon. And then who knows when I'll be in line afterwards.

SC is in Raleigh which, from personal experience, is a horrible place to get service. The last time I went they told me they were too busy and to drive 3 hrs back home. The appointment was scheduled for three weeks.
Rn1144 fwiw

Wives come and go, Tesla's last forever!!!😉