Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery date has held steady for over a week now at December 8-28. Previously October and then all over the range of October/November/December.

I’ve got my M3 in the meantime but…after reading all the posts in this thread and the WIKI massive refresh delivery thread, I’m second guessing whether the upgrade to the S is any more to me than the speed performance. I was hoping for an improvement in sound system, the cooled seats, the ride quality via air suspension, and a bit more room. Still not sure it is justified price wise for my use purposes…the larger / multiple displays are certainly nice and the car looks fabulous, but…

If anyone is local to the Greenville, South Carolina area I’d really appreciate the chance to sit in a refresh S to help me determine if I really want to take delivery.

Reactions: Ormond
Actually, since the issues we have found so far are really on delivery, I will list out here: (All items below are going into our 24 hour Service Request)
SA told us about these first 2 upfront:
1. Missing all 3 Rear Trunk covers (Triangle on Left Side, Main Bottom Trunk cover, and Total Trunk Upper cover. good thing is that during delivery, our SA checked Parts and was able to give us Left and Main Bottom during delivery.
2. Missing Rear Plate Frame.

Issue we found during delivery and let SA know
3. Yoke center has a defect in it, looks like a molding issue. More pronounced than picture shows. Identified as 'Worm/Vein' in previous threads. See Picture #1

Issues we found after leaving SC:
4. Bottom Trunk, Right Ledge "Soft Trim Trunk Bracket" over metal chassis had 3 plastic 'push-in' Pins broken, found it since it was loose. Suggest pushing and pulling on all door gaskets, trim, etc. See Picture #2,3
5. Car Pulls to Left when on straight road. Checked Lane Keeping was turned off, etc. noticed when I tested acceleration (WOW!) the car pulled to the Left as well.
6. Left Rear Trunk Gap much larger than Right Side - Picture #4,5,6
7. Left and Right Rear Tire Well liners showing past Fender - Picture #7,8

This is all so far. Car was a little dirty, but they delivered 200 cars in the last 5 days of all models, and we had a storm...so I would normally have asked to clean it again, but after 8 months.....
Sorry about the QC issues, but informative post and good luck with your new Tesla...

Finally got a EDD range again after going a week with it saying February.
Ordered 3/18 LR Blue/Black/19.
8/10 EDD range was 9/21-9/30
8/13 EDD 9/20-9/30
8/17 EDD 8/31-9/20
8/18 EDD 9/1-9/21
8/19 EDD February
9/1 EDD 9/17-9/30

During this whole time my SA has been awesome staying in contact with me. When it went to February I panicked a bit and she told me on her end still showed September and not to worry yet. She has been my SA since I ordered and even stayed it when I moved across state and she moved my delivery location to the west side of state and not even her SC.

Finally got a EDD range again after going a week with it saying February.
Ordered 3/18 LR Blue/Black/19.
8/10 EDD range was 9/21-9/30
8/13 EDD 9/20-9/30
8/17 EDD 8/31-9/20
8/18 EDD 9/1-9/21
8/19 EDD February
9/1 EDD 9/17-9/30

During this whole time my SA has been awesome staying in contact with me. When it went to February I panicked a bit and she told me on her end still showed September and not to worry yet. She has been my SA since I ordered and even stayed it when I moved across state and she moved my delivery location to the west side of state and not even her SC.
I have had same experience as you, minus the February label. 9/10-9/24 holding firm. Confident we will both be in the new car before end of Q. Ohio based. SC team here in Columbus is awesome.

Reactions: Sparty1285
OD-6/12/2021 MSLR MSM/Black/19 FSD

Original EDD was October for a while, Blank, October, Blank, September 18-30, October 25 - November 7, September 15-30.

It has been now consistently September 11-25 for almost the last 2 weeks, and this morning I have a VIN (MF441xxx) with EDD of September 12-18.

This will be our 3rd Tesla and my 2nd Model S, current one is 2017.4 100D w/ MCU2 upgrade, FSD, Pano. Wife has a MYP.

With the exception of "improved sound system" (which is all relative - I probably could not tell the difference) - you are getting everything you "hoped for"?
Probably so, it’s just that I was hoping for the entirety of the experience to be level up and that would help me justify it to myself. If any one of the upgrades doesn’t feel as such, I don’t know…

maybe it’s the delivery date range that’s got me in a funk?

Probably so, it’s just that I was hoping for the entirety of the experience to be level up and that would help me justify it to myself. If any one of the upgrades doesn’t feel as such, I don’t know…

maybe it’s the delivery date range that’s got me in a funk?
I can understand that, especially with the uncertainty and jumping around of the dates. Oddly enough, it could pull forward too. Seen dates go both ways. I would definitely try a local Tesla group (Facebook if that is your thing) to see if you can meet up with someone and test drive. Or find someone off here. Rumor is they could get some fleet vehicles in Q4, but not definitively sure on that.

You could also delay your delivery until you feel comfortable. Keep the price and reservation and delay until you have a chance to test drive it.

I can understand that, especially with the uncertainty and jumping around of the dates. Oddly enough, it could pull forward too. Seen dates go both ways. I would definitely try a local Tesla group (Facebook if that is your thing) to see if you can meet up with someone and test drive. Or find someone off here. Rumor is they could get some fleet vehicles in Q4, but not definitively sure on that.

You could also delay your delivery until you feel comfortable. Keep the price and reservation and delay until you have a chance to test drive it.
I’m trying to find someone local…

Reactions: cwanja

Original EDD was October for a while, Blank, October, Blank, September 18-30, October 25 - November 7, September 15-30.

It has been now consistently September 11-25 for almost the last 2 weeks, and this morning I have a VIN (MF441xxx) with EDD of September 12-18.

This will be our 3rd Tesla and my 2nd Model S, current one is 2017.4 100D w/ MCU2 upgrade, FSD, Pano. Wife has a MYP.
Wacky delivery systems, has as many quality issues as their cars.

I ordered 2 months b4 u, red, black, 19
My EDD is after yours, wtf? My 2nd tesla and hopefully final if the charging infrastructure improves. It's the only reason still sticking with tesla. So many good EVs coming along, but charging still sucks except for tesla.

Wacky delivery systems, has as many quality issues as their cars.

I ordered 2 months b4 u, red, black, 19
My EDD is after yours, wtf? My 2nd tesla and hopefully final if the charging infrastructure improves. It's the only reason still sticking with tesla. So many good EVs coming along, but charging still sucks except for tesla.
I was in the Lucid store in West LA 2 weeks ago. Damn is that a nice ride.

• Informative
Reactions: Danlbrau and MEL-22

Didn't order until June but already got a VIN for 19" wheels?? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Well this is escalating quickly!

Had Sept 10th - 30th steady for a few weeks. Yesterday morning it changed to Sept 3rd - 10th. Yesterday afternoon I got a VIN. This morning the date changed to Sept 1st - 6th! Should have my car by end of day Monday!
seems like the 1144s are getting VINs like crazy now.....we 1146s are hopefully not far behind