Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You
Good people of the Delivery Lobby,

My page has looked pretty much like this since June when I ordered. Where, oh where, does the mythical Estimated Delivery Date appear? Should I have one by now? (the trade-in evaluation has been completed twice; this is the third time and taking forever)
View attachment 721293View attachment 721293
I'm not doing a trade-in so maybe someone else who is can confirm, but it looks like it's hung up on the trade-in step, and that needs to be completed (by Tesla) before you get to the step. The next step might be where you specify if you are financing or cash (put cash you can sort financing later), then I believe insurance, for that you can just upload your current policy then replace later once you have a vin. Then I believe you will be at the stage where you have an EDD.

• Helpful
Reactions: cwanja
Well, turns out my MS LR was in perfect order. I inspected closely, no paint issues, no backseat wrinkle issues, no misalignment of door handles…. Here are some snapshots from the delivery center today. I’m really happy with my experience!
Congrats! Your car looks great. Could you take a look at the Monroney window sticker or the sticker on the driver side door pillar and confirm the official build month? Curious if the build was September. Many thanks and happy trails! (Looks like this on my MYP….)

Attachments

• 42AF65BD-C3FF-465A-9E61-6CEB523F8789.jpeg
    42AF65BD-C3FF-465A-9E61-6CEB523F8789.jpeg
    732.8 KB · Views: 65
Well, turns out my MS LR was in perfect order. I inspected closely, no paint issues, no backseat wrinkle issues, no misalignment of door handles…. Here are some snapshots from the delivery center today. I’m really happy with my experience!
We needs more pictures of the inside. White LR seats are like sasquach, you never get to see em.

My page has looked pretty much like this since June when I ordered. Where, oh where, does the mythical Estimated Delivery Date appear? Should I have one by now? (the trade-in evaluation has been completed twice; this is the third time and taking forever)
View attachment 721293View attachment 721293
It’s the trade in that’s holding up your EDD. Contact you SA and ask them to see what’s going on with your trade in evaluation.

Congrats! Your car looks great. Could you take a look at the Monroney window sticker or the sticker on the driver side door pillar and confirm the official build month? Curious if the build was September. Many thanks and happy trails! (Looks like this on my MYP….)
Thank you! The car was actually built last week Oct 5th according to my SR. I am planning many road trips!! Can’t wait. The drive home was so amazing!
C5F517C5-F06B-435A-A909-88F9D630F5BE.jpeg

Okay.....I do have ONE complaint about the yoke ! With a wheel I could jam my left knee against it while taking a bit out of a burger which is not possible due to the design of the yoke however I have replaced that with using the autopilot which will take the car down to minimums....... signals and exits the highway onto the onramp all by itself and counts down to AP disconnect. I know there are a few pilots on the forum and you are going to LOVE the automation :)

There are a few controllers here too waiting on our MS’s! It’ll be fun leaving work in a yoke from telling you all to turn!

My page has looked pretty much like this since June when I ordered. Where, oh where, does the mythical Estimated Delivery Date appear? Should I have one by now? (the trade-in evaluation has been completed twice; this is the third time and taking

So maybe this was only me, but for my M3P and for my MS in order now I selected no trade it and cash regardless of trading it in or not. That’ll slow you into the queue. Then when I got assigned a VIN I reached out to my SA to get a trade in valuation. Trade in values only last 30 days so no point in doing it now.

For example, I will probably be financing a little bit of this car just because the rates are so good. However, I selected cash. I will absolutely be trading in my M3P, but I hit no trade in after originally hitting trade in. Current EDD is February. Once I get a VIN assigned I’ll have them actually value my trade in. That way I can go to car max/vroom etc and see about a better trade in all while still having a real offer. Tesla really needs to change how they do trade ins when the car isn’t expected for months or years even

• Love
Reactions: Pdubs and Proppilot
There are a few controllers here too waiting on our MS’s! It’ll be fun leaving work in a yoke from telling you all to turn!

So maybe this was only me, but for my M3P and for my MS in order now I selected no trade it and cash regardless of trading it in or not. That’ll slow you into the queue. Then when I got assigned a VIN I reached out to my SA to get a trade in valuation. Trade in values only last 30 days so no point in doing it now.

For example, I will probably be financing a little bit of this car just because the rates are so good. However, I selected cash. I will absolutely be trading in my M3P, but I hit no trade in after originally hitting trade in. Current EDD is February. Once I get a VIN assigned I’ll have them actually value my trade in. That way I can go to car max/vroom etc and see about a better trade in all while still having a real offer. Tesla really needs to change how they do trade ins when the car isn’t expected for months or years even
I have been on hold with no EDD for over two months (ordered 7/30). Can I somehow delete the Trade-In information without it affecting my price or order priority?

MS LR RN 1154 Black/Black 19" wheels

I have been on hold with no EDD for over two months (ordered 7/30). Can I somehow delete the Trade-In information without it affecting my price or order priority?

MS LR RN 1154 Black/Black 19" wheels

Does it just keep asking you for trade in details? If so at the bottom of where you’d take pictures etc there should be an area that says “I don’t want to trade in anymore.”
That’s what I have done for all my orders. Most of my friends have done the same. It is anecdotal, but from everything I’ve seen on here and from others, having anything sitting there waiting is going to kick you to the back. If you just select cash and no trade in you’ll actually get an EDD. You can change literally everything once you get a VIN.

It’s an absurd system. Add it ti the list of unnecessary complications once you order a car. My only real complaint about Tesla is what happens after I order a car.