Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my EDD slip from 13-31 Dec to 09 Mar - 06 Apr. :rolleyes:
Beginning to wonder if these new multi-month slips are the new "February" bug. Where the date moves forward many months and then snaps back days later to the same range and or the same range plus / minus a few days. Might include a VIN
Aaaaaand…. We’re back in December with a tighter window now: EDD Dec 19 - Dec 31. Who needs roller coasters?
Just as predicted. Although, no VIN.

Someone is going to get lucky. I had to unlatch my vin. There was just no way I could take delivery while on a trip. To top it off I am in the process of moving. So I just punted it to much later so one less thing to have to move.

As a side note for anyone having to do this, Tesla was pretty easy to work with. There was more flexibility than I thought in some ways, it wasn't just bump until the next available car or 3 months as the only two options. Basically I was able to say I can't take the car now, but mark me as ineligible for delivery before a specific date.

I don't know how far you could push that out, maybe 3 months is the limit. I had no problem with going about 7 weeks and saying I am good anytime after that point. They said they can't guarantee anything on that specific date but unless I had a very unique combo, I should get a notice with the new EDD. They said usually it is about a 2 week window but can be as short as a week.

Hopefully this will help others. I ordered in May and would have had my MSLR in less than 6 months from my original order. If they didn't have that stoppage many of us would have had them a long time ago.

Someone is going to get lucky. I had to unlatch my vin. There was just no way I could take delivery while on a trip. To top it off I am in the process of moving. So I just punted it to much later so one less thing to have to move.

As a side note for anyone having to do this, Tesla was pretty easy to work with. There was more flexibility than I thought in some ways, it wasn't just bump until the next available car or 3 months as the only two options. Basically I was able to say I can't take the car now, but mark me as ineligible for delivery before a specific date.

I don't know how far you could push that out, maybe 3 months is the limit. I had no problem with going about 7 weeks and saying I am good anytime after that point. They said they can't guarantee anything on that specific date but unless I had a very unique combo, I should get a notice with the new EDD. They said usually it is about a 2 week window but can be as short as a week.

Hopefully this will help others. I ordered in May and would have had my MSLR in less than 6 months from my original order. If they didn't have that stoppage
Thanks for sharing this! I feel like this is one scenario that is very unclear. With holidays coming up, I’m sure it’s a nightmare trying to match everyone’s schedules.

Reactions: MEL-22
Hi everyone! New user here but I've been a lurker for some time since placing my "order."

Configuration: MS-LR, Red, 19", black interior.

Ordered: mid-July 21 (after 1st $5k price bump)
Original EDD: Oct 21
Current EDD: Dec 21
Delivery: Burbank, CA
Expectations of getting a Tesla for Christmas: moderate to high 🤞

Hi everyone! New user here but I've been a lurker for some time since placing my "order."

Configuration: MS-LR, Red, 19", black interior.

Ordered: mid-July 21 (after 1st $5k price bump)
Original EDD: Oct 21
Current EDD: Dec 21
Delivery: Burbank, CA
Expectations of getting a Tesla for Christmas: moderate to high 🤞
Yeah, we heard you the first time.:)

Hopefully this will help others. I ordered in May and would have had my MSLR in less than 6 months from my original order. If they didn't have that stoppage many of us would have had them a long time ago.
thank you for this information I am, barring miracle, going to have to push my 1145 feb blk 19 order back a couple months as I will be away dec through feb and am holding a 9-dec4th right now. Already booked to leave dec 2 fully expecting a delay and push back once nov 10-11 rolls around. Congrats on your quick would be delivery though! maybe they can send it my way haha

Reactions: DayTrippin