Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
interesting I wonder what is new on the 2022 MS, I am excited
For now just the actual VIN... but, we have a wishlist and maybe there are some changes. Would love to see eventually changes update the rear lights (seem so old looking compared to all other models) and the headlights (so not competitive with other similar priced cars).

I called Tesla yesterday to confirm if my car was already built and the likelihood of my 11/16-20 delivery range.

He confirmed my car is already built (hence my 2021 MF VIN), so it may have been one of the ones in the drone video. He also confirmed that it's due to arrive at my local service center on the 16th, so the range is more for scheduling than actual arrival. That's good, as I've only got a 5-day window to get it before I leave for my road trip.

The only real remaining issue with cutting it this close is I will likely not be able to get PPF installed before the trip. I guess I'll cross my fingers that the multi-coat white holds up better than my plain white 🤞

He also mentioned I should be getting a text message soon about scheduling the actual delivery handoff. Has anyone gotten one of those during the delivery process? I haven't gotten mine, so I'm wondering when and if to expect it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidSRQ
The only real remaining issue with cutting it this close is I will likely not be able to get PPF installed before the trip. I guess I'll cross my fingers that the multi-coat white holds up better than my plain white 🤞
Personally, I'd be pretty concerned doing a road trip without PPF (if that was your intention).

They make "track sprays" that aren't the prettiest, but will protect your car just like PPF (say you're doing a track day). You can peel it off after.

Or you can even do a temp film like this for $25: https://www.amazon.com/TrackArmour-TA3X100-3-100-Temporary-Protection/dp/B07F3CN5CY

Hey guys, I ordered on June 8th. Black Ext. Black Int. FSD 19 inch wheels. I got this text message from Tesla delivery and was wondering if this actually means my EDD is solid this time.
IMG_3038.jpg