Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to pick up in Paramus, NJ.

Since I live in NH, I don’t pay sales tax on my purchase, but the state of MA forces Tesla to collect it. So all NH deliveries have to go to NY/NJ to avoid this.
Paramus, NJ? I believe this location is still closed: Paramus Service Center Closed Indefinitely

I went to the Tesla Service Center in Springfield NJ last week, and they told me that it was still closed.

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
Maybe 99.9% guaranteed to change. My EDD has been "TBD" for 169 days straight. JeffR, I have less than a bit of hope.

Perhaps I'm part of the EDD monkey's experiment: "What if we don't give them an EDD at all?" Appears to be a very small control group, however.
Wow, that's a long time for an EDD to have a "TBD" status! I understand your pain. Are there any parts of your Tesla profile still awaiting completion? If so, completing your profile may trigger an EDD update.

Reactions: JeffN
Was scheduled to take delivery this week, but received a call that the passenger seat had a tear, and the drivers seat had large wrinkles they could not get out.

They're ordering 2 new seats, and have no forecast on when they'll arrive. A little frustrated that we'll be waiting in limbo for now.

Was scheduled to take delivery this week, but received a call that the passenger seat had a tear, and the drivers seat had large wrinkles they could not get out.

They're ordering 2 new seats, and have no forecast on when they'll arrive. A little frustrated that we'll be waiting in limbo for now.
One would think...that it would be so much more cost effective to invest just a BIT more, in the final QC process on the cars before they leave Fremont.

See if you can take delivery and then come back when they have the seats. I personally would rather have a torn seat for 2 weeks than no car at all.

Picking up tomorrow. So far today, I have received 2 text messages, an email, and an automated call making sure I pay now so that there are no issues tomorrow. I've responded to the text and email asking if they've taken care of the insurance yet (in MA, they have to get something directly from insurance company) and heard crickets.
Picking up Wednesday. Got an automated call this morning confirming the appt and asking for similar info.

Paramus, NJ? I believe this location is still closed: Paramus Service Center Closed Indefinitely

I went to the Tesla Service Center in Springfield NJ last week, and they told me that it was still closed.
Hi- I stopped at the Paramus service center earlier this month (Nov 16th). The actual building where the cars were displayed indoors was fenced off and walking inside, there were workmen everywhere in the front half of the building but to the back half where all the service bays are seemed to be open. I found a small trailer to the side of the fenced off building that housed Tesla employees and I talked with one of them (I don't know his actual position but he did have a Tesla fleece on and he did appear knowledgeable). I said that I had a potential December delivery of my Model S (RN 11513) and he told me they were delivering customer cars there and the process for picking up your car. I did see new cars waiting for pickup.
Its sounding like a truly touch less car delivery as you need to either pay in full for your car or there is a drop box for a cashier's check (no personal checks). Once this happens, they activate your phone app to allow you to enter your car, accept the delivery and I think there may be a clipboard to sign some paperwork but I could be wrong on this one. I do not think you even talk with a Sales Advisor unless something is wrong with your payment, etc. You get 24 hrs to note any delivery issues like poor gaps, etc I suppose you do this on the app??
I will be coming down from Northern Vt from the Burlington area and its a 4.5hr +/- drive. I asked about what used to be a free car rental one way through Enterprise down to Paramus and I was informed this was no longer being offered. So that is another $300 or so expense to add to the joy of a long ride down and back. I can only hope it does not snow that day. But Paramus is open, just not the show room part of the facility.
Expect to pick up your car and hit the pedal hard to merge with Rt 17 traffic as this is a very busy road and always crowded and moving well above the speed limit.