Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really hoping that as soon as Q2 ends, they will start shipping the 19" wheels. Just trying to make good end of quarter numbers with the higher margin product.

I don’t think that’s it. It sounds like they don’t even have the new 19” Tempest / Cardenio wheels, nobody has even seen one in real life (even in factory flyovers and such). Someone claimed their inside source at Fremont told them they should start delivering them in about two weeks “maybe” and “barring additional delays”.

Some suspect that Elon made them change the color last minute and that’s the cause of the delay. Others suggested the actual wheel size had to change for some reason. It’s also entirely possible it’s just another supply chain issue. Or they found an issue with the updated design and needed more time to sort it out. Who knows. But I don’t think it’s as simple as them prioritizing higher margin Arachnid orders. Some cars have been shipped to SCs with the old 19s on and the cars have been held to have the wheels changed, and they’re still waiting on those replacement wheels. If it were a matter of maximizing revenue, they’d want to deliver those cars rather than have them sitting at SCs.

Reactions: M3LA
Don’t mind at all. I’m in Montgomery Cty near the beltway. I’m picking up in Rockville.

Realized the last few days that there’s a bunch of us. We should arrange a meet up once we get our cars.

Comically (or sadly) we all went from Blank to August to Blank at the same time last week.
It seems I may have to wait for my MSLR Red/Cream 19in wheels for a while. Debating about editing my design as well. My current MS has 21in wheels but have to be very careful as it is highly susceptible to curb rashes in all those crowded MoCo parking lot turns and curbside parking.

It seems I may have to wait for my MSLR Red/Cream 19in wheels for a while. Debating about editing my design as well. My current MS has 21in wheels but have to be very careful as it is highly susceptible to curb rashes in all those crowded MoCo parking lot turns and curbside parking.
I hear ya completely. Not to mention the sketch streets in DC. Just so you know, my change to 21’s didn’t help me like it has others with dates.

Reactions: bhakan
Don’t mind at all. I’m in Montgomery Cty near the beltway. I’m picking up in Rockville.

Realized the last few days that there’s a bunch of us. We should arrange a meet up once we get our cars.

Comically (or sadly) we all went from Blank to August to Blank at the same time last week.
I’m now in Frederic, picking up in Rockville as well. Would be down for a meet up one of these days.

My head canon is that the 19s and 21s, from a procurement standpoint, the cost is the same to Tesla so they are just pumping out 21s until Q2 ends. I also feel like their line producing of S is so streamlined that every car is built as a LR and when VINs get assigned as plaid, a modular 3rd motor is dropped in and wheels get added. This makes me believe that they could literally deliver new Plaid orders as late as 6/29 for the Quarter. This would also help explain why there’s ZERO time frame estimate for those of us with 19s because they want to make sure every available piece of inventory across the country is able to be sold as a plaid if need be until Q2 ends. This is what an abusive relationship looks like 😂

I don’t think I nitpicked or criticized anything. I asked if it was the angle or lighting or a shipping film because from that angle and lighting the paint looked different…I asked a question. 🤷🏻

I didn’t post “hey dude congrats but that trunk looks misaligned and there’s a stain on your passenger seat…mine better not come that way”!! 😂🤣

And I should mention @rosegrif, whose car it is didn’t seem to have a problem with my question. Even posted up another pic from a different angel to show me.
I wasn’t taking a shot at you - I was only responding to @Sbaimo’s post. Whatever comments are posted here are all well-intentioned in my opinion since we all have a shared experience of frustration at how Tesla is handling the LRs. I apologize if my post made you think otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: JimLL
I wasn’t taking a shot at you - I was only responding to @Sbaimo’s post. Whatever comments are posted here are all well-intentioned in my opinion since we all have a shared experience of frustration at how Tesla is handling the LRs. I apologize if my post made you think otherwise.
No apology necessary. Sbaimos comment was a response to a comment I made. All good.

• Love
Reactions: gadelrosario
I’ve lived in all corners of PA and currently in the middle. The loose association of potholes that PA calls a road system are bad everywhere, but I do have to say Philadelphia is probably the worst. We’re talking massive craters in the middle of busy streets that look like an asteroid hit. Swallows up entire cars whole. And you know what the city of Philadelphia’s solution to them usually are? Put a cone in the middle and let it sit for six months.
#FACTS!!!!!
Ride on 21’s at your own risk💀

Reactions: GrnSqrl
I don’t think that’s it. It sounds like they don’t even have the new 19” Tempest / Cardenio wheels, nobody has even seen one in real life (even in factory flyovers and such). Someone claimed their inside source at Fremont told them they should start delivering them in about two weeks “maybe” and “barring additional delays”.

Some suspect that Elon made them change the color last minute and that’s the cause of the delay. Others suggested the actual wheel size had to change for some reason. It’s also entirely possible it’s just another supply chain issue. Or they found an issue with the updated design and needed more time to sort it out. Who knows. But I don’t think it’s as simple as them prioritizing higher margin Arachnid orders. Some cars have been shipped to SCs with the old 19s on and the cars have been held to have the wheels changed, and they’re still waiting on those replacement wheels. If it were a matter of maximizing revenue, they’d want to deliver those cars rather than have them sitting at SCs.
Well, if @sam3194 is to be believed (and he’s been pretty spot on), the Tempest wheels are in stock and “logistics” is holding up production with them.

If holding them back was an EOQ push to get people to upgrade to Arachnids, we’ll know in 7-10 days when July orders start shipping. You would think at some point Tesla would be sympathetic to the 2020 MSLR customers with Tempest 19s who have seen Plaid and Arachnid orders made months after them get filled while they get nothing, not even an estimated delivery date. Then again it’s Tesla, so…

Reactions: (crunch)
It's right there below his post? Fwizzy: Order: RN1144 | Order Date: 1/27 | VIN ASSIGNED: NO | Order Location: Los Angeles | Order Model: LR | Order Custom: FSD, Arachnid | Color: Black Exterior/Interior | CURRENT DELIVERY WINDOW: AUGUST (as of 6/24/21) was previously June 23 - 30 (as of 6/21/21)
For those of you accessing this forum on your phone, hold it sideways to see the signature, which most of us have updated with the relevant order info.

I camethisclose to getting a black-on-black LR with Arachnids which someone rejected. Alas, my SA was unable to override a re-direct to Portland. Soon!
Had the same option earlier this week. Seeing one Saturday in person, plus wanting a darker wood than walnut really made me regret not pulling the trigger. But it’s the unique white seats that pulled me back.

Reactions: gadelrosario
Just left SC, finally got to see LR in person.. Glad i was able to get in check it out. Of course they had 21 instead of 19. They also said the 19s on LR will be all weather... The guy was certain b of it... But i guess we will see

The 21s on the LR are all weather as well. Confirmed today with my SA when I updated from 19s. Only the Plaid has performance/summer tires with the 21s OEM

• Informative
Reactions: GrnSqrl