Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you accessing this forum on your phone, hold it sideways to see the signature, which most of us have updated with the relevant order info.
Another great way to show your order info:
You can replace the "Member" under your avatar with a short bit about your order info so it's easy to see without rotating the phone.
Click on your name in the upper right to (1) access your account. Then (2) select "Account details" and (3) create a "Custom Title."

1624815172390.png
1624815192729.png

All season tires are not the issue with 21s. Lower profile tire = more chances for blowouts and bent rims in snowy climates. I like arachnids better from a look perspective, but they will be a costly nuisance where I live due to potholes and winter related messes.
I live in Cincinnati. I have 21’s on my current Audi, and (knock on wood) I’ve hit lots of potholes and have had no blowouts or anything like that. I’ve read people saying that, but I have not experienced that on my current setup.

I ordered with the Arachnids and I’m not even thinking about it. For what it’s worth.

Reactions: JaeTheDev and JimLL
@Jaenonymous and @Tholland when did you both order?
I ordered 5/31/21 but I’ve had Tesla’s for a while. So I know how this works, there are so many theories’ out there about how it works and a lot people get worked up over that. A lot of them are wrong. SA can match ppl to cars long as they can and have a car to match you to. Not every SA is the same. Some do more work than others. I have seen people order a tesla and get matched same day and take delivery before someone who orderEd a entire quarter before them. It really boils down to location, configurations and order date and timing of the production. East coast cars normally ship earlier because of travel time. Cali and other west states ship later. As they are closer. Some people get lucky and someone cancels their order and you get matched to it and it speeds ups your delivery. Follow the trends, but this is kinda off topic for your question you asked me lmao.

We were all thinking the same thing…just a reflection.
Please do not take what I wrote to reflect on anything you may or not have written. I made that decision not to share photos a couple
Months ago when I noticed some of the test
Vehicles were being scrutinized and made my decision then.
anyway I have nothing to report as my car
Didn’t make it to LA yet. It is somewhere between freemont and LA. I am now scheduled for
8:00 AM tomorrow (Monday ) morning.
after waiting 6 months I would almost be surprised if it came tomorrow morning or even tomorrow.
i am prepared to take delivery tomorrow but would not be surprised if it did not come until Tuesday.

it is the Tesla way. Lol

LR daily update!

March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> Blank -> June -> June 21-30 -> June -> Blank -> June -> August -> June 22 - 30 -> Blank (for 5 days) -> August ->Blank -> August (day before yesterday) -> June 27 - 30th (yesterday)

Now back to August as of this morning.

Reactions: gadelrosario
I don’t think I nitpicked or criticized anything. I asked if it was the angle or lighting or a shipping film because from that angle and lighting the paint looked different…I asked a question. 🤷🏻

I didn’t post “hey dude congrats but that trunk looks misaligned and there’s a stain on your passenger seat…mine better not come that way”!! 😂🤣

And I should mention @rosegrif, whose car it is didn’t seem to have a problem with my question. Even posted up another pic from a different angel to show me.
I do notice the follow up picture but I certainly don’t want to go to my garage to check out a possible problem when there is none. I will share as much info as I can. Just no pics

Reactions: epotter
Please do not take what I wrote to reflect on anything you may or not have written. I made that decision not to share photos a couple
Months ago when I noticed some of the test
Vehicles were being scrutinized and made my decision then.
anyway I have nothing to report as my car
Didn’t make it to LA yet. It is somewhere between freemont and LA. I am now scheduled for
8:00 AM tomorrow (Monday ) morning.
after waiting 6 months I would almost be surprised if it came tomorrow morning or even tomorrow.
i am prepared to take delivery tomorrow but would not be surprised if it did not come until Tuesday.

it is the Tesla way. Lol
Well hopefully it’ll be the next 24 hours. The way Tesla has done things, it’s almost like guaranteed anxiety till you actually drive away.

I don’t think that’s it. It sounds like they don’t even have the new 19” Tempest / Cardenio wheels, nobody has even seen one in real life (even in factory flyovers and such). Someone claimed their inside source at Fremont told them they should start delivering them in about two weeks “maybe” and “barring additional delays”.

Some suspect that Elon made them change the color last minute and that’s the cause of the delay. Others suggested the actual wheel size had to change for some reason. It’s also entirely possible it’s just another supply chain issue. Or they found an issue with the updated design and needed more time to sort it out. Who knows. But I don’t think it’s as simple as them prioritizing higher margin Arachnid orders. Some cars have been shipped to SCs with the old 19s on and the cars have been held to have the wheels changed, and they’re still waiting on those replacement wheels. If it were a matter of maximizing revenue, they’d want to deliver those cars rather than have them sitting at SCs.
My hunch is
1/10, msm, white, arachnids
Went from vin with June 28-30, vin is now gone and date is July
well isn’t that a kick in the nuts

I ordered 5/31/21 but I’ve had Tesla’s for a while. So I know how this works, there are so many theories’ out there about how it works and a lot people get worked up over that. A lot of them are wrong. SA can match ppl to cars long as they can and have a car to match you to. Not every SA is the same. Some do more work than others. I have seen people order a tesla and get matched same day and take delivery before someone who orderEd a entire quarter before them. It really boils down to location, configurations and order date and timing of the production. East coast cars normally ship earlier because of travel time. Cali and other west states ship later. As they are closer. Some people get lucky and someone cancels their order and you get matched to it and it speeds ups your delivery. Follow the trends, but this is kinda off topic for your question you asked me lmao.

awesome to see you still around as well!

I ordered like 6/10/21, so I’m planning on a Sep/Oct delivery at its soonest. Anything earlier will be amazing though.

Reactions: Tholland
I do notice the follow up picture but I certainly don’t want to go to my garage to check out a possible problem when there is none. I will share as much info as I can. Just no pics
Completely understand about the pics, and feel the same. BUT, you could post with this disclaimer: "I am posting these pics out of fellow admiration to those in this forum whom we have all shared commradery over the past number of months. Please do not respond if you see any flaws or issues with my car. I am happy and content with it, and do not need any further feedback of that nature."

Reactions: GrnSqrl
The 21s on the LR are all weather as well. Confirmed today with my SA when I updated from 19s. Only the Plaid has performance/summer tires with the 21s OEM

they make ps4s all season? i dont think the SA is correct.

here is a post from this thread with ps4s on LRs

Reactions: MaxPain
Well, if @sam3194 is to be believed (and he’s been pretty spot on), the Tempest wheels are in stock and “logistics” is holding up production with them.

If holding them back was an EOQ push to get people to upgrade to Arachnids, we’ll know in 7-10 days when July orders start shipping. You would think at some point Tesla would be sympathetic to the 2020 MSLR customers with Tempest 19s who have seen Plaid and Arachnid orders made months after them get filled while they get nothing, not even an estimated delivery date. Then again it’s Tesla, so…

If that were the case, they’d be delivering some Plaid models with 19s. But they aren’t (except maybe one oddball with silver ones, but it sounds like most or all of those have been held at the SC awaiting replacement wheels).