Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checking in from the other side 1 week later. Keep hope alive fam, this car is worth it all. Obviously the fast part is fun, but the ride is so smooth. I seriously feel like I got 100% comfortable with the yoke within a couple of hours. To me it's essentially an apple vs android thing. Different, not better, not worse. You adapt and move on.

So many cool little things. My driveway is a little sleep, so I've increased suspension, and now the car remembers to auto-lift before auto-opening my garage. What other car in the world does that?

Don't give up guys, it's so worth the wait! Now I'm just waiting for little things like active noise cancellation, etc.
What was your previous daily driver? Just wondering how the ride will compare to my current BMW 5 Series.

...and back to Jan/Feb...I should really stop checking.
Same with me. I am also in Texas. I have been watching these forums almost every day for months and, the way things are going, I don't think I will see my car until mid Jan and you probably won't until late Jan. I say this because my EDD got pushed back before yours, and others have before me. There is rhyme to this, but the reason is anybody's guess.

Anyone else have problems with the sound system? I can’t seem to get much bass even though I’ve messed with the settings. In fact, I don’t notice a difference when I scroll up and down on the bass setting. My Model 3’s bass was significantly better the way it is right now. And yes, I’ve already done the two scroll wheel reset multiple times.

Last edited:
Hopefully it does! I bet it slips because you have such a wide window like me. They only seem to stick when it's <2 week window.
It's interesting to see the different ranges for EDD. I got my first EDD <2 week window with Dec 19th-31st. Not sure if it's only that range due to being EOQ range or if it is actually a good sign that this is my final EDD. I had a Dec 9th-31st for about 7 weeks before being moved out to Jan/Feb for less than a week then going to the 19th-31st. Will certainly be interesting to see. I wanted to stop by my SC to see if they could give me any insight but I'm not very close to one and don't feel like spending 2 hour round trip to get told to **** off.

Ordered on 5/2. EDD changed 4 times. The closest one was last quarter end 9/18~30, then later became Nov, then now Dec. I had two loan approvals, and both expired so I didn't bother resubmitting. EDD range started to narrow since beginning of Dec. I called Tesla yesterday and checked for status. Was told to better refresh the loan and the lady also confirmed my name and address over the phone. Saw third loan approval last night and confirmed. The downplay increased to 34k instead of 7k. This morning - VIN assigned. Called again and was told to expect delivery in the next few day.

Saw the "We are building your car" in the App from yesterday. It was "Goto Account" previously. Check my other Model Y reservation EDD for next Sept, it still shows "Goto Account".

Res #RN114894xxx
VIN 5YJSA1Exxx

i just got a call to try to get me to take a plaid at $10k above MSRP (while my original order is an S LR at $80k) and was told that my delivery range keeps getting changed because I had financing on my profile so it wasn’t shown as “completed” lmao

For context, I did send a text to see if there was anything I could do to speed up this process so it wasn’t a completely unsolicited sales pitch.

Original EDD was October, mid October, then November, later in November, December, not Jan-Feb.

What a load of crap.

Ordered on 5/2. EDD changed 4 times. The closest one was last quarter end 9/18~30, then later became Nov, then now Dec. I had two loan approvals, and both expired so I didn't bother resubmitting. EDD range started to narrow since beginning of Dec. I called Tesla yesterday and checked for status. Was told to better refresh the loan and the lady also confirmed my name and address over the phone. Saw third loan approval last night and confirmed. The downplay increased to 34k instead of 7k. This morning - VIN assigned. Called again and was told to expect delivery in the next few day.

Saw the "We are building your car" in the App from yesterday. It was "Goto Account" previously. Check my other Model Y reservation EDD for next Sept, it still shows "Goto Account".

Res #RN114894xxx
VIN 5YJSA1Exxx
That "We are building your car" text might have to do with your loan application status?

Same with me. I am also in Texas. I have been watching these forums almost every day for months and, the way things are going, I don't think I will see my car until mid Jan and you probably won't until late Jan. I say this because my EDD got pushed back before yours, and others have before me. There is rhyme to this, but the reason is anybody's guess.
I'm in Houston, 1153 RN, I had a Dec 12-31 delivery range for a couple of months. This Monday it changed to Jan 20-Feb 17. Today it changed to Mar 6- Apr 3. Wish I wouldn't have sold my vehicle 2onths ago, Uber is getting expensive.

I'm in Houston, 1153 RN, I had a Dec 12-31 delivery range for a couple of months. This Monday it changed to Jan 20-Feb 17. Today it changed to Mar 6- Apr 3. Wish I wouldn't have sold my vehicle 2onths ago, Uber is getting expensive.
Just take it easy until you see a VIN. My EDD shows pretty much the same pattern, in my signature.

Concur.

Tesla's trade-in values, on their own branded cars, are an insult.

This is particularly the case when you visit an aggregator site such as ev-tsla.com and search for the car you're trading in. In our case, a 2019 "Raven" MS Performance with 7k miles, they were offering in the low 70's, IIRC, while selling them in the low 100's!?!

Granted, some of the older trade-ins may require more "refurbishment" (which they really don't do, frankly), but to clean our pockets of some $30k or $40k of value on cars that are nearly new trade-ins is a slap in the face to those that have supported Tesla's mission for many years.

But, here we have sales tax credit on trade ins. So they have us by the short hairs as the ONLY way to retain the sales tax credit, which is especially valuable on a nearly new vehicle, is to trade it in to these ne'er-do-wells.

Grrrr!

I hate/love/hate Tesla.
Yep they insulted me earlier this summer with their offer on trade in for my 2015 MS 85D with only 16000 miles in mint condition. I sold it on line for $20k more and would never have taken that offer.