Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My fully paid for 2022 S LR is still in repair waiting on a back ordered Adaptive control part. I can go into the Tesla app and I can see it parked in the back of a service lot. Looks to me like service repair parts are secondary to new car builds. Estimated repair date in the app says this Saturday, but service told me it will slip. Imagine if car manufacturers were forced to pay customers cash when cars sit in service? Yeah, I am frustrated.

View attachment 751901
I know that intersection! My son lives 2 miles away. I drove my new MS down to see him Sunday. Seeing this really brings on a sense of empathy for you. To have the car so close yet out-of-reach would be breaking my heart too. I sincerely hope Tesla makes this right real soon.

My fully paid for 2022 S LR is still in repair waiting on a back ordered Adaptive control part. I can go into the Tesla app and I can see it parked in the back of a service lot. Looks to me like service repair parts are secondary to new car builds. Estimated repair date in the app says this Saturday, but service told me it will slip. Imagine if car manufacturers were forced to pay customers cash when cars sit in service? Yeah, I am frustrated.

View attachment 751901
If it’s out of service for a certain number of days you can qualify for lemon law in most states and get a new car.

Reactions: SoCalDude
Definitely very jealous! Haven't seen many, if any, RN1158+ orders get filled. Congrats!

You are contractually obligated to post pictures here when you take delivery!
Gladly! I feel fortunate to have the VIN; best of luck to everyone else waiting!

Unrelated, but if anyone can point me to a thread (if it exists) on TMC describing the tradeoffs between getting the car delivered with FSD or waiting to add it until after delivery I’d appreciate it! I’m wondering about removing it until after delivery to save on registration and insurance costs.

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
Gladly! I feel fortunate to have the VIN; best of luck to everyone else waiting!

Unrelated, but if anyone can point me to a thread (if it exists) on TMC describing the tradeoffs between getting the car delivered with FSD or waiting to add it until after delivery I’d appreciate it! I’m wondering about removing it until after delivery to save on registration and insurance costs.
Pretty sure the primary difference at this point is locking in the current price. If you wait the price could go up for either the one time fee or monthly subscription.

I'm not sure a full thread is out there but it has been discussed. Different views as many thing true FSD isn't going to come, even with current hardware at least. My take:

- if you wait, it is the same price for now. Can't see them going above $10K since FSD is barely out and doesn't do well yet.
- If you wait, you can try the $200 subscription and see if you even use it. Even then on both of these you have to have near perfect boring driving scores to get FSD which makes it sucky to drive your new Model S that way.
- They could release just enhanced auto pilot again which has some more basic features like navigation on autopilot, summon, etc. That may be of interest and cheaper for sure, even then it is overpriced since other makers offer these features for free lately or in a much cheaper package.
- You can do it later and say pay with a card and get some cash back or miles at least I guess, a free flight or so

i'm in exactly that camp. i added FSD, then had a world of pain removing it (my price went up, and yesterday it was fixed) and with beta 10.8 it is looking really good to me.
my personal thoughts - 1) wait until 11 comes out and i am not in some beta BS where i have to worry about my driving score.
2) i only plan to have the car 3 years, so if 11.00 comes out say, March, i'd potentially only have the car say, 32 or whatever more months - *$200/month would be $6,400
3) if i did buy the $10k FSD, then i THINK i'm guaranteed hardware upgrades as needed (not sure if we'd need the new HW 3.0 but it would be nice
4) I believe Tesla won't honor the FSD on a trade in, i.e. it strips it from the car, whereas as private sale would keep the FSD, so $10k goes by bye if traded to tesla
5) I question the residual value to a buyer - if i paid $10k where i could have paid say, $7,200 for 36 months * $200, would I get an extra $2,800 or more for the sale for having FSD? I dunno
6) i have FOMO - and would like the doodads, whether i use them or not
7) i'm unlikely to really use FSD in the winter - may be on the highways, but on streets i'd want more control - this a.m. for example was an ice morning, schools opened 2 hours later, roads were horrible, etc. - i doubt i'd trust FSD for that
8) ironically, i figured i'd love FSD if the parking lot was covered in snow and i could summon the car - not sure how that really works in snow, but the concept does appeal to me
9) so, with the ability to toggle the subscription on and off, i think i can keep FSD off, and then hit it in the summer months, etc. or when i plan on a road trip of some sort
10) I will say, yesterday with a $10k pricing snafu, i asked the SA should i just keep FSD, and the SA was concerned I'd be charged the current $10k i was overcharged, plus another $10k, so i held off, and my price fixed
11) if, IF FSD 11 comes out before my delivery, i'll have to make a serious choice, but i'm leaning against it for now. if 11 does not come out in the next couple of weeks (and i doubt it would) then i think the monthly makes the more sense (to me)

DAMN! I was about to enter my 2 week EDD period but just pushed back again this AM. Now i'm January 17 - Feburary 14th. Ridiculous!!!!
Absolutely feel your pain. What you are experiencing has happened to me three times now, and I no longer believe the EDD's and will only believe a VIN assignment with specific delivery date/time!

There are a bunch of people with our windows (or very close). Not sure if that is a good sign or not but it seems fairly consistent across the board for 1150-1153ish.
Yep, this massive pushback in EDD's is very troubling for me. Has anyone confirmed the rumor that Fremont factory is shut down for retooling. I haven't seen any solid evidence, but something has happened to affect these EDD pushbacks. I will be on the front end of my EDD in one week and I am very nervous and not at all positive about my chances. I would love to be proven wrong, but the history for me has not been good.

Reactions: Concade1
There are a bunch of people with our windows (or very close). Not sure if that is a good sign or not but it seems fairly consistent across the board for 1150-1153ish.
I'm apparently in that boat too with 1144, though for whatever reason mine is after many of you in the 1150+ range. Still at 8-22 Jan for now, but seeing what's happening I'm very sure that'll slide.

Yep, this massive pushback in EDD's is very troubling for me. Has anyone confirmed the rumor that Fremont factory is shut down for retooling. I haven't seen any solid evidence, but something has happened to affect these EDD pushbacks. I will be on the front end of my EDD in one week and I am very nervous and not at all positive about my chances. I would love to be proven wrong, but the history for me has not been good.
Haven't seen anything concrete on the shutdown... I saw one post that said the factory looked dead for a few days but nothing supporting the 2-3 week one people were talking about.

Reactions: Davidrun2B