Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well we know they prioritize Plaid for 40,000 reasons, so anyone thinking optioning a LR will have no impact on delivery timing is smoking something. I would think FSD would be more important than Arachnids, which also have significant material cost, so it’s not $4,500 to the bottom line. Hopefully once Q2 is over this nonsense will stop since a car delivered July 1 has the same impact on next quarter as a Sept 30 delivery.
Now that is too logical I tell you. And we know Tesla cannot be logical about deliveries.

Well you realize that these are not just sitting in mass on some dealer lot right? Waiting for the top offer.
Indubitably. After 6 months of waiting, you better believe I am going to make sure my SA knows that, if he calls me today to say they have a car, I will pick it up tomorrow.

I will do whatever I can to make sure I look as good as possible in the system. We really don't know what the selection process looks like. I'm not taking chances with this guy. He didn't even let me know I couldn't pick up the car in Texas as an out of state buyer. The 1-800 hotline had to tell me that, and only about 3 weeks ago. Now I have a Nashville delivery and I want to make sure the nothing else was missed.

Reactions: gadelrosario
Hmm ... RN1142, ordered [MSM, Cream, 19", FSD] mid December. Last text from Tesla was April 2nd, about my trade-in (now gone). Last text that wasn't about the trade in was Feb 4th, when I accepted paying an extra $8570 for the refresh. I had a date range of Feb 15 - Mar 15 when I purchased the car; that went away when the refresh happened and has been absent aside from a week or two in May when it said "June." I haven't made any attempts to contact them because based on what other people are saying, it's probably a complete waste of time?

Haven't received any texts or e-mails from Tesla today :-(

OTOH, if this keeps up, the 2018 MS 100D that I bought used because I was sick of waiting will be paid off before I get a VIN, which might reduce complication as I line up financing for the real one 😅

I hate this... if my SA hadn't told me months ago that i am on the cusp of Wave 1(JuneJuly) but could slip into Wave 2(Aug/Sep)... I thought she was full of it... BUT, after going from Aug, Blank, Aug, Blank... I can only dream i keep popping into a potential slot for July at least... SO, from an update standpoint, went from Aug to Blank this morning.....

Order: RN1146 | Order Date: 03/06/21 | Order Location: Virginia| Order Model: LR | Order Customizations: FSD, Arachnid | Order Color: MSM Exterior/Black Interior | CURRENT DELIVERY WINDOW: BLANK(as of 6/17/21)- WAS 4-11, BLANK, AUGUST, BLANK, AUGUST, BLANK, AUGUST

Hmm ... RN1142, ordered [MSM, Cream, 19", FSD] mid December. Last text from Tesla was April 2nd, about my trade-in (now gone). Last text that wasn't about the trade in was Feb 4th, when I accepted paying an extra $8570 for the refresh. I had a date range of Feb 15 - Mar 15 when I purchased the car; that went away when the refresh happened and has been absent aside from a week or two in May when it said "June." I haven't made any attempts to contact them because based on what other people are saying, it's probably a complete waste of time?

Haven't received any texts or e-mails from Tesla today :-(

OTOH, if this keeps up, the 2018 MS 100D that I bought used because I was sick of waiting will be paid off before I get a VIN, which might reduce complication as I line up financing for the real one 😅
It might not hurt to reach out. Also Houstonian here 👋🏼 your build seems to be matching some of the others, so you never know.

I can’t state how fantastic it is to see that text being sent out to some of you, I’m done putting stock into the estimated delivery window we all have at this point. It’s went from June to August to June back to August the last couple days to now blank….my heart wants that to mean good things are happening! I think as we approach the end of June things will really heat up as we all know Tesla pushes out big time numbers during the last month, it also seems to get even more hectic the last 3 days every quarter!

I hate this... if my SA hadn't told me months ago that i am on the cusp of Wave 1(JuneJuly) but could slip into Wave 2(Aug/Sep)... I thought she was full of it... BUT, after going from Aug, Blank, Aug, Blank... I can only dream i keep popping into a potential slot for July at least... SO, from an update standpoint, went from Aug to Blank this morning.....

Order: RN1146 | Order Date: 03/06/21 | Order Location: Virginia| Order Model: LR | Order Customizations: FSD, Arachnid | Order Color: MSM Exterior/Black Interior | CURRENT DELIVERY WINDOW: BLANK(as of 6/17/21)- WAS 4-11, BLANK, AUGUST, BLANK, AUGUST, BLANK, AUGUST
Better to be in wave two. Let them work out quality issues and production quirks.

I know there's a spreadsheet on another post that has car type (plaid, lr), colors, etc. - should we do one here, or is there a way to essentially copy that sheet and then post it for this sub-group?
also, anyone know if there are in fact supposed to be changes for wave 1, wave 2, etc.? I'm in the September-October category - and I'd happily wait LONGER to get bugs out, tweaks, etc. - but that's just me.
thanks!