Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time Tesla buyer. I ordered an S / LR / silver / 21’s / white interior / FSD on 2/3/21. Original delivery date was March, then July, then August. For the last 6 weeks I’ve had no delivery date. This morning I now have a delivery date of June 28-30. Still no vin and zero communication from my SA. I hope this holds true because I really want this car, but if the new MB S class lands on a lot in Houston before this thing arrives, I’m tapping out.

I’m not sure if this helped, but I did go to the Houston Galleria store and asked for an update and they sent some sort of communication to the manufacturing facility.

I hope this car is worth it, because their customer service and communication is horrific.

Hmmmm. Arachnids again. I'm beginning to wonder if Tempest wheels are the reason I'm not hearing anything.
Ya think? I keep seeing cars with similar configs with later order dates getting estimated deliveries in the next few weeks and I’ve been showing blank for over a month. No FSD or Arachnids. Hmm. Hopefully once July rolls around they won’t be so concerned about that since presumably all of our cars should be delivered by the end of Q3. Right? Right?

LR update! March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> Blank -> June -> June 21-30 -> June -> Blank -> June (for a few days) ->August (day before yesterday) -> June 22 - 30 (yesterday) now BLANK AGAIN as of this morning.

Made my usual morning check for a VIN or delivery date

teslanope.png

Ya think? I keep seeing cars with similar configs with later order dates getting estimated deliveries in the next few weeks and I’ve been showing blank for over a month. No FSD or Arachnids. Hmm. Hopefully once July rolls around they won’t be so concerned about that since presumably all of our cars should be delivered by the end of Q3. Right? Right?
Unless Tesla is changing out all the silver wheels on the 19's of manufactured LRs to the new, darker, color thus the delay. That being said, I saw a video on the other thread of a blue LR on a Florida-bound truck which did have the silver wheels.

Reactions: Zaker89
Can I just say that people ordering Plaid -in June- and getting their cars -in June- while us pre-Refresh LR people, even with FSD and arachnids, still waiting after 6 months is, for a lack of a better word, total bullshit?
Amen, brother! And of course I will have the same attitude toward our LR brethren who receive their FSD cars before us non-FSD people. But, as I said in an earlier post today, all of those early recipients are helping the rest of us receive better made cars (presumably/hopefully).

I don't think in my life I have ever waited in anticipation for something for as long period of time, and the cost of all this excitement is a mere $100. I dropped more than that on dinner last might, and I can't even remember what I ordered.

Can I just say that people ordering Plaid -in June- and getting their cars -in June- while us pre-Refresh LR people, even with FSD and arachnids, still waiting after 6 months is, for a lack of a better word, total bullshit?
Yes, that is bad. At first I thought filling June Plaid orders now was good news in that it meant that they were caught up with Plaid orders. Then I realized, these are at $130k and the ones at the beginning of the year were $120k. So, since my view of Tesla is “when I think I’m being cynical, I’m not nearly cynical enough” kicks in and I realize no, Tesla is making them wait too in order to shove that extra $10k a car into Q2.

And just when you think their business practices couldn’t get worse, Tesla is all “Hold My Beer”…

I am not one of those, but if I was, I'd offer a ride or two to those who have been waiting for so long....

Come to think of it, Tesla could reach out and do the same...

• Love
Reactions: cwanja
I’ve had a blank delivery estimate since the week after I placed the order 3.5 months ago. I even added FSD a few weeks ago hoping that might kickstart the process. No such luck. And no other communication from Tesla. Feels like waiting in the dark for someone to turn on the light. I can only imagine how frustrated people who have been waiting 6+ months feel.

Intentional or not, Tesla has made the LR feel like an afterthought. 1’st child Plaid gets all the attention.

Reactions: baldwin
I’ve had a blank delivery estimate since the week after I placed the order 3.5 months ago. I even added FSD a few weeks ago hoping that might kickstart the process. No such luck. And no other communication from Tesla. Feels like waiting in the dark for someone to turn on the light. I can only imagine how frustrated people who have been waiting 6+ months feel.

Intentional or not, Tesla has made the LR feel like an afterthought. 1’st child Plaid gets all the attention.
If you believe the rumors, you also got the short end of the stick with 19"s. But I do not know how much of that I believe.

If you want to complete the poor stepchild experience, order an LR in Red...