Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not fond of the tempest wheels. When I saw them on the street on a pre-refresh S, I could not believe they would put those on an upscale car.m I do think the darker ones look better. But tempest forced me to upgrade to arachnids. I wish they had a 19" upgrade wheel.. Unless you don't mind the aggravation of aftermarket wheels. After reading some things about changing wheels on Tesla, the tire/wheel store would need to be aware and know how to adjust sensors that somehow affect regen braking. I asked Tesla if I could buy one of their accessories wheels (apron 6,000 with tires) and have them delivered on my S instead of the 2 options offered. They said no way baimo.

Anyway, I decided it was easier to just buy the Tesla upgraded wheels. at least the arachnids looked nicer to me than the pre-refreshed upgrade wheels.

Again, you will enjoy your car next month. Sit back and bank on it.
I don't want to start a long thread and take away from our delivery theme, however I ultimately chose 19's because people were saying if you are in a city like LA with potholes everywhere, the 21's were getting blown out. And technically you are supposed to replace all 4 tires if that happens. I said no thanks to that. You can do a search and read about it.

Wasn’t my comment on aftermarket wheels. Any comments I’ve made about Arachnids have been related to the mileage penalty. I would assume aftermarket would be less aero and more mileage penalty, only because you would think OEM would be designed to minimize that and most aftermarket other than ultra high end are more focused on cost or appearance.
Sorry that was @Sbaimo

Sorry that was @Sbaimo
Yeah. Blame me. Lol
As I said I would prefer 19” wheels for comfort and mileage. I just wasn’t going to spend 100k on a car that had wheel covers that looked like a crappy fan. That’s just me. Like color or any subjective feeling, it is personal. But Tesla did not offer optional 19” wheels.

Yeah. Blame me. Lol
As I said I would prefer 19” wheels for comfort and mileage. I just wasn’t going to spend 100k on a car that had wheel covers that looked like a crappy fan. That’s just me. Like color or any subjective feeling, it is personal. But Tesla did not offer optional 19” wheels.
I go back and forth. I value ride and comfort a lot. Curious what these will look like without the wheel covers on them.

Wasn’t my comment on aftermarket wheels. Any comments I’ve made about Arachnids have been related to the mileage penalty. I would assume aftermarket would be less aero and more mileage penalty, only because you would think OEM would be designed to minimize that and most aftermarket other than ultra high end are more focused on cost or appearance.

That is a good point. Maybe wrap or cover, the parts of the stock 19" that you find unattractive.

If you paint the wheels and calipers Vantablack, won't they just disappear?

I don't want to start a long thread and take away from our delivery theme, however I ultimately chose 19's because people were saying if you are in a city like LA with potholes everywhere, the 21's were getting blown out. And technically you are supposed to replace all 4 tires if that happens. I said no thanks to that. You can do a search and read about it.

Hell, wife's car had 20" runflats and still got damage...here on a LA freeway at low speed.

I have the same order prefix, order date, and p/u location. I ordered black on black with FSD and arachnid wheels. No date on my order page. It went from March to June to August to June to July, back to June, and now nothing...very frustrating, and Tesla CS has been ZERO help. I did get one pretty cool guy who has been fielding calls from angry order holders, and he was as in the dark as I was. I'm a stockholder, a huge Elon fan, and can't wait for the car...checking the site multiple times per day (I feel like a kid at Christmas, but whenever it gets close, they bump it a month:) but this has been a horrendous CS experience. You'd think they'd just come clean, own it and get us a real delivery date. Apparently, nothing happens until a VIN is generated. Keep me posted, and I'll do the same. Have you heard of anyone taking delivery of an LR yet?
Now it's saying June delivery...no VIN yet, and I was told that once a VIN is generated it will take 18 days to get to NYC. Sounds like July at the earliest...we shall see.

Reactions: doubleshot
Fyi, I just received my VIN number (again, had one a few months ago that was removed) last Thursday. After my date said August a couple of weeks ago it has slowly moved closer and today it shows

Estimated Delivery: June 19 - June 24​

And, last night I received a text saying it was my turn and a link to select a delivery appointment. Mine is a 2012 Model S LR. So, there's hope for everyone that they will start flowing!

Oops... 2021 Model S L
Fyi, I just received my VIN number (again, had one a few months ago that was removed) last Thursday. After my date said August a couple of weeks ago it has slowly moved closer and today it shows

And, last night I received a text saying it was my turn and a link to select a delivery appointment. Mine is a 2021 Model S LR. So, there's hope for everyone that they will start flowing!

If you have an SA you are working with, contact them and they can make the change. If you just did an online order, contact your delivery center for help. But be aware. And changes will create a new MVOA, so although your RN will remain the same your order agreement will be dated as of then. Whether that matters, who knows? My RN was 1/27 and I changed from black to cream interior on 4/7 and that’s the date of my MVOA. At the time my SA said it wouldn’t matter, but who knows?
You have a point. I first ordered my LR on 11/24/20 but changed its color from white to red subsequently. My MVOA now shows 03/12/21.

And, last night I received a text saying it was my turn and a link to select a delivery appointment. Mine is a 2012 Model S LR. So, there's hope for everyone that they will start flowing!
I was very confused until your follow up post that you said you have a 2021 LR haha. Congratulations, please post some photos and videos.

What is your pickup day?

The Tesla delivery group (yogi and booboo) are messing with me again
In May 6-21 to 6-30. Then blank. Thursday and Friday JUnE. Today blank.
hey booboo, leave my picnic basket alone

Attachments

• 17885EB1-9D57-479F-BB5B-4F9FA868145C.jpeg
    17885EB1-9D57-479F-BB5B-4F9FA868145C.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 102
  • FBC69419-E623-4EEC-AD55-B9F9CD408609.jpeg
    FBC69419-E623-4EEC-AD55-B9F9CD408609.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 575EA973-1517-434B-949E-FCE43F8DDAC3.jpeg
    575EA973-1517-434B-949E-FCE43F8DDAC3.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 74

Hey can you PM me? I'd love to come see it if you'd let me! Matt (also in Charleston). Assuming you know me from our local group

Reactions: SegSeg and cwanja

What color/configuration do you have?