Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is that via email or text?
It was e-mail, though the e-mail did not contain the VIN. My Tesla account shows it though with delivery range of 6/22-6/28.

Congrats
LR? Which sales and service center are
You using. I literally got off phone with SA in century city 3 minutes ago.
Yes, LR. Service center should be Highland Park, IL.

Reached out to my SA today to check in on my account. He's always been honest in saying that he, like everyone else, is just waiting for more information.

FYI - it's worth it to check in on your account, especially if your loan application expires! I'm glad I reached out today because he's going to have that refreshed... but most importantly..

He was able to confirm the following:

- "On my end, I see that your Model S is forecasted to go into production soon. I just can see that there is a forecasted start date that is within 1-2 weeks. Building the car is actually pretty quick start to finish only takes a few days."

Fingers crossed!

What information did they have at Century City? My guy in Sherman Oaks isnt super responsive.
He told me they have had one plaid delivery being setup with delivery to Marina Del rey. He also said

Hey! No long Range matches in our area that I have seen. I literally only have one plaid Model S matched so far and the car still hasn’t delivered to him yet as it goes through final inspection and clearance. Cream interior.
I asked him to let me know when his LR’s start getting delivered.
he replied
Ya. You have been on that list from the start.

He told me they have had one plaid delivery being setup with delivery to Marina Del rey. He also said

Hey! No long Range matches in our area that I have seen. I literally only have one plaid Model S matched so far and the car still hasn’t delivered to him yet as it goes through final inspection and clearance. Cream interior.
I asked him to let me know when his LR’s start getting delivered.
he replied
Ya. You have been on that list from the start.
The people in Century City have historically been completely ignorant, not just with deliveries, but features. I remember once telling them that USB ports were coming in the back, and they insisted that I have no idea what I am talking about. They even got pissy with me about it. I haven't seen those guys in a while, thank God. Every other time I have been there, I asked basic things, like range, and they never had an answer. They look it up on their website every time.

Reactions: brunla
What I got from my SA

"Doesn’t look like anything is going to happen for at least the next 2 weeks. Sorry the estimated delivery projection tool has been jacked recently. We’re going to be actively reaching out once model s orders start getting matched to VINs, so you’ll definitely know well in advance."

I take it with a grain of salt, but another data point.

Well. Add me to the list of users they offered an inventory model on. Got a text from my SA about black on black with 21s. Told him if it was a white interior, I would seriously consider it. But South Texas heat requires the white interior.
Ugh. Location is everything. I’d have scooped that up. Lol.

The people in Century City have historically been completely ignorant, not just with deliveries, but features. I remember once telling them that USB ports were coming in the back, and they insisted that I have no idea what I am talking about. They even got pissy with me about it. I haven't seen those guys in a while, thank God. Every other time I have been there, I asked basic things, like range, and they never had an answer. They look it up on their website every time.
Forunaty, my SA actually worked on Teslas at the Marina Del Rey location. That is why he suggested I use MDR as
My delivery location and he told me to use them when I need service. He feels that because he worked with those guys he is able to help during delivery and if I need service he will call and make sure I am taken care of.
but he also doesn’t like being bothered by customers when there is no new I formation. I have never bothered him more than once every other month. I also stop by if I am shopping at the mall. He is always friendly but he admits he has no more real info on upcoming deliveries than what we read on tmc.

I have the same order prefix, order date, and p/u location. I ordered black on black with FSD and arachnid wheels. No date on my order page. It went from March to June to August to June to July, back to June, and now nothing...very frustrating, and Tesla CS has been ZERO help. I did get one pretty cool guy who has been fielding calls from angry order holders, and he was as in the dark as I was. I'm a stockholder, a huge Elon fan, and can't wait for the car...checking the site multiple times per day (I feel like a kid at Christmas, but whenever it gets close, they bump it a month:) but this has been a horrendous CS experience. You'd think they'd just come clean, own it and get us a real delivery date. Apparently, nothing happens until a VIN is generated. Keep me posted, and I'll do the same. Have you heard of anyone taking delivery of an LR yet?
I got a VIN, insurance, and financing. I am now locked and loaded for delivery on June 27th! Woo hoo!!!

What information did they have at Century City? My guy in Sherman Oaks isnt super responsive.
I’m Sherman Oaks too, my SA is Marlen and he’s very responsive although like all SAs kept in the dark so not very informative. I’ve spoken to a few others there when I walk by in the mall and they seem to somehow know even less, so I just reach out to Marlen when I need to make a change, as I did a month ago when I switched my delivery to Fremont hoping that would help. Obviously not helping, at least not yet.

Picked up the car today! Looks and feels great. SA told me they delivered 5 so far this week at the Charlotte location I guess including some Plaid models. Unfortunately they were learning about the cars at the same time as me so it wasn't as seamless as you would think. But enjoying it so far. Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• 20210622_180051.jpg
    20210622_180051.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 92
  • 20210622_180101.jpg
    20210622_180101.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 20210622_185024.jpg
    20210622_185024.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 20210622_185044.jpg
    20210622_185044.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210622_185042.jpg
    20210622_185042.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20210622_185342.jpg
    20210622_185342.jpg
    806.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210622_204435.jpg
    20210622_204435.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 77
Picked up the car today! Looks and feels great. SA told me they delivered 5 so far this week at the Charlotte location I guess including some Plaid models. Unfortunately they were learning about the cars at the same time as me so it wasn't as seamless as you would think. But enjoying it so far. Good luck to everyone!

FINALLY A LR has been delivered!!!!!!

Soooo…is it fast?