Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 19" wheels are definitely hurting us :( I keep going back and forth on whether I'd accept 21" if one happened to be available but I really don't want to lose the range nor sacrifice ride comfort. I keep telling myself once the EOQ push ends they will start pushing some out. Must stay strong. lol
So true. It’s not even a question anymore. Hopefully July brings more love to us proles.

Text yesterday to expect delivery possibly this month. Then they share this today. I HATE Tesla lol

Attachments

• 661355EA-3355-40E9-800D-E665AF3C7785.jpeg
    661355EA-3355-40E9-800D-E665AF3C7785.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Disagree
Reactions: Danlbrau and cwanja
I visited the SC yesterday and changed wheels from arachnid to 19s. Too many ugly winter potholes where I live, and I had recurring visions of blowouts and bent rims. No thanks. Original order date was 3/23. We will see if this small update yesterday puts me to the end of the line :-( Good luck all, and great to see VINs starting to flow.
Yeah good choice though, secondary benefit will be decent range gain.

Yeah good choice though, secondary benefit will be decent range gain.

Yeah, I seriously have considered this with the ridiculous potholes we have in Colorado - but figured I’d need winter tires anyway and should get those with 19s.. but fear being punted even farther down the line.

As Pre-refresh, FSD and 21’s didn’t help me get a VIN in June, so maybe it’s still more random than we think :).

Slightly off topic, but it looks like the LRs are starting to trickle (then again, all the MS are only trickling) - has anyone with an LR posted about their experience driving, i.e. super powerful, doesn't see a need for a Plaid, etc.? The only video I've seen which I think was an LR was a fella whos' air bag section of the steering wheel is basically removable - but I haven't seen anything about performance). Thanks so much!

I don't believe the rollout is random, but your choices in color, interior, wheels, and location influence the timing. As far as dates, Tesla has proven that it couldn't care less about having good customer service. It sucks that we have to wait and can't plan ahead. We should be compensated somehow.

Reactions: Danlbrau
Text yesterday to expect delivery possibly this month. Then they share this today. I HATE Tesla lol
Damn, that is f-ing awful. Talk about a rollercoaster. If there is anything to keep you going, it is that the people that have taken delivery say that this ride will be a distant memory once you have the car. Light at the end of the tunnel!

Slightly off topic, but it looks like the LRs are starting to trickle (then again, all the MS are only trickling) - has anyone with an LR posted about their experience driving, i.e. super powerful, doesn't see a need for a Plaid, etc.? The only video I've seen which I think was an LR was a fella whos' air bag section of the steering wheel is basically removable - but I haven't seen anything about performance). Thanks so much!
@ppats87 has taken delivery. Can share more information. And I know a few others are set to take delivery over the next four to five days. All promising photos and videos :)

Tuesday at 8:05 PM

LR = 0-60 in 3 seconds, and 155 top end. Is it worth another 50K for 1 second faster 0-60 and 200MPH top end? For me, no. If you are a hard core track guy, I get it. Spend the $$. But for me, I’ll take the 50K and buy more MSFT.

LR = 0-60 in 3 seconds, and 155 top end. Is it worth another 50K for 1 second faster 0-60 and 200MPH top end? For me, no. If you are a hard core track guy, I get it. Spend the $$. But for me, I’ll take the 50K and buy more MSFT.
I felt that way since 2019 when I bought my Model S LR. Love the Performance and the acceleration. But the reality of using that and making use of it? Next to none. So that is a truckload of money that gets spent on a novelty feature (totally in my opinion).

Give me essentially the exact same car, with more range.

It was an awesome ride to work for sure. Still figuring out things but no issues so far.
Picked up the car today! Looks and feels great. SA told me they delivered 5 so far this week at the Charlotte location I guess including some Plaid models. Unfortunately they were learning about the cars at the same time as me so it wasn't as seamless as you would think. But enjoying it so far. Good luck to everyone!

Looks awesome! Curious on your feedback the more you drive it and range, etc…. I ordered a white LR, but keep think maybe should change to MSM. I usually always have silver cars. Tough decision!