Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure it has more to do with $$$ than wheel covers. It’s a bit so subtle way to increase the sales revenue.

I swear it seems like if Tesla ran a restaurant your server would ask, “would you like to add a soup or salad? No? OK, your meal will be out in 90 minutes. No promises though.”
Well if I knew that I woulda just bought the damn rims, instead of planning for aftermarket. August is a long way away from January.

Reactions: JimLL and Zaker89
V I N!!!!!!!!!

Was back to “July” but got a text this morning for delivery appointment on 6/2
Glad to see a fellow white/cream get a VIN. Certainly good news that Tesla is building that combination. I am of course handicapped by being 19" non-FSD. Hey ct101, send me photos of your beautiful new machine so that I can fantasize about having one too.

Reactions: ct101 and Danlbrau
After seeing a new S at my local SC earlier this week, it is going to be worth the wait. Once this Q is over, LR deliveries will start to flow. Tesla is focused on delivering the more expensive Plaids this Q to maximize rev rec for the Q.
That's my hope too. In my head canon, ALL cars manufactured are LR Dual Motor and as they get assigned as Plaids, they just add the 3rd motor ;)

Reactions: Zaker89
Did the same think. On the order agreement it does show yesterdays date BUT the order number did not change. Blank delivery date currently...again.
Pretty certain the date has to change. You made an update and agreed to those terms. While your reservation number is likely what they go off of, there are a lot of other factors - logistics, parts, batch, etc.

SA told me no 19’s in July, and a maybe for August. Ordered in January, pre-refresh. Don’t think I can continue to follow these threads with everyone else getting cars. They were against changing to Arachnids to help situation.
Feel like I read somewhere yesterday that the Tesla Chat said 19s were not an issue. But who really knows. There are conflicting reports every hour, every day.

SA told me no 19’s in July, and a maybe for August. Ordered in January, pre-refresh. Don’t think I can continue to follow these threads with everyone else getting cars. They were against changing to Arachnids to help situation.
Same here. I made the decision to upgrade my previous MS for the 412 mile range LR. Then they move it to 405. Adding 21s lowers it to 375. Unless they lower that too. I’ve already waited five months, what’s two more. I am cancelling my other Tesla orders tho as soon as I get this car. No more vaporware promises accepted from this company for me.

I’m sure it has more to do with $$$ than wheel covers. It’s a bit so subtle way to increase the sales revenue.

I swear it seems like if Tesla ran a restaurant your server would ask, “would you like to add a soup or salad? No? OK, your meal will be out in 90 minutes. No promises though.”
I know your theory has always been Tesla is just pushing out the higher margin vehicles, but there is plenty of evidence to support it being parts related. Red exterior, White interior, Carbon fiber and 19” wheels are in short supply. As for prioritizing the Plaid, Tesla and other manufacturers have always done that. They deliver higher margin vehicles first.

Reactions: boonedocks
I know your theory has always been Tesla is just pushing out the higher margin vehicles, but there is plenty of evidence to support it being parts related. Red exterior, White interior, Carbon fiber and 19” wheels are in short supply. As for prioritizing the Plaid, Tesla and other manufacturers have always done that. They deliver higher margin vehicles first.
And Tesla stated as much for the Plaids. But I just got vin for LR with white interior. I am fairly certain I will not get delivery until after EOQ unless Tesla had an extra spot empty on truck from freemont to LA. But come July I will be refreshing for more precise delivery date instead of ED July.

Reactions: cwanja
Interesting how you infer my theory that Tesla is pushing out higher margin vehicles is incorrect, then you finish your argument that Tesla is just doing what other manufacturers have done, which is, wait for it…delivering higher margin vehicles first. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: JimLL and cwanja
Spoke to someone at delivery in Burbank. He looked up my RN, checked the factory system and said its in the production queue, closer to front, but that's all the information he could share. Said very few ERs delivered so far as Plaids have been priority.
I have your exact configuration, ordered a week before you, and my SA said I havent been officially matched to a car yet. He also said they've not seen any white interiors show up yet.

Do you have a VIN yet? I don't and they didn't have any insight but he said the delivery date change to next week might mean they are rolling off the line.

Reactions: Jmworder
I have your exact configuration, ordered a week before you, and my SA said I havent been officially matched to a car yet. He also said they've not seen any white interiors show up yet.

Do you have a VIN yet? I don't and they didn't have any insight but he said the delivery date change to next week might mean they are rolling off the line.
No VIN yet. @Sbaimo got his VIN and has white interior.

LR daily update! March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> Blank -> June -> June 21-30 -> June -> Blank -> June -> August -> June 22 - 30 -> Blank (for 5 days) -> August (day before yesterday) ->Blank(yesterday) -> August as of this morning.

It's flipping back and forth daily now. I wonder if this means something?

I also received a text message yesterday, June 24th. I bet it really means "we couldn't get you into June, we're sorry".

“Tesla Update - We expect your Model S to be built and delivered within the next few weeks. We will reach out when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment. We appreciate your patience with shifting delivery timing and look forward to delivering your Model S soon.”

Also, I received this update from my SA on June 22nd.

"On my end, I see that your Model S is forecasted to go into production soon. I just can see that there is a forecasted start date that is within 1-2 weeks. Building the car is actually pretty quick start to finish only takes a few days."

Hoping these data points will be useful for others, whether or not I get my VIN soon.. or next year lol.
Jim I am really pulling for you! You have ABSOLUTELY waited long enough! It is beyond ridiculous now.