Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my car (Black/Black LR 21”) has been at the service center since Friday, scheduled for delivery Tuesday. Have actually seen people posting photos of it on Facebook.

Trying to contact Tesla about going to pick it up early. It looks ready to go in the pictures. Now I’m worried they are using it as a training vehicle. How many miles should I expect to see on the dash when I pick it up?
RN / order date?

I live right in Wakefield, I though the 21's were steep, but I just thought the tempest looked so cheap that they werent even an option, since they changed them to be a little darker, i think they make a world of difference, i changed ext color yesterday, was thinking of changing to tempest too since i figured it would just blow up my spot in line anyways, but the arachnids look too good. I never got a really straight answer, but I was told they would have all season tires.

Im in Westerly. We should meet up sometime when we get your vehicles. Not many new S's will be around here I think. Im going to go by Warwick today and change mine to 21s. I debated all night and really dislike the Tempest as well, visually. We have a Y on order too, so maybe Ill just use that in the really crap weather, which to be honest, we really havent had the past few years much.

You talked me into it Hike Sr! LMAO!

This why I won't post any pictures of my S when it comes tomorrow. I will probably be thrilled with the car and then someone on this forum will point out that a piece of molding around the window isn't exactly even or some bullsugar like that. Or the hoodnis not aligned perfectly. If I am happy with my car, I really don't want Debbie downer make me think of some imperfection that didn't bother me before the critics looked it over.

I have waited too long for this car to not enjoy it.
Can we all agree to be happy for our brothers and sisters who receive delivery and not nitpick any perceived flaws? @Sbaimo is right - he, along with the rest of us, have been waiting for a long time to receive our cars. Let’s not rob each other of the joy of new ownership, at least initially. Congratulations @Sbaimo!

Can we all agree to be happy for our brothers and sisters who receive delivery and not nitpick any perceived flaws? @Sbaimo is right - he, along with the rest of us, have been waiting for a long time to receive our cars. Let’s not rob each other of the joy of new ownership, at least initially. Congratulations @Sbaimo!
I don’t think I nitpicked or criticized anything. I asked if it was the angle or lighting or a shipping film because from that angle and lighting the paint looked different…I asked a question. 🤷🏻

I didn’t post “hey dude congrats but that trunk looks misaligned and there’s a stain on your passenger seat…mine better not come that way”!! 😂🤣

And I should mention @rosegrif, whose car it is didn’t seem to have a problem with my question. Even posted up another pic from a different angel to show me.

I don’t think I nitpicked or criticized anything. I asked if it was the angle or lighting or a shipping film because from that angle and lighting the paint looked different…I asked a question. 🤷🏻

I didn’t post “hey dude congrats but that trunk looks misaligned and there’s a stain on your passenger seat…mine better not come that way”!! 😂🤣

And I should mention @rosegrif, whose car it is didn’t seem to have a problem with my question. Even posted up another pic from a different angel to show me.
We were all thinking the same thing…just a reflection.

RN1143 ordered in December 2020…it’s been a long wait and anxiety/paranoia is high…I prolly need to just chillax
October 2020 here. Literally losing my mind seeing people who ordered after me getting their cars and ZERO communication from Tesla about what I can do to get my car sooner. (Not angry with those people who got deliveries, just Tesla for this ridiculous process. Including an SA that told me my priced was "locked in" (it wasn't) and I would be one of the first people to get the new Model S when they were finished. BS city.)

October 2020 here. Literally losing my mind seeing people who ordered after me getting their cars and ZERO communication from Tesla about what I can do to get my car sooner. (Not angry with those people who got deliveries, just Tesla for this ridiculous process. Including an SA that told me my priced was "locked in" (it wasn't) and I would be one of the first people to get the new Model S when they were finished. BS city.)
This is atrocious. Even the most ardent Tesla fan and Elon sycophant has to see this as a failure.

Where are you in MD, taking delivery at Rockville or owning mills?if you don’t mind me asking
Don’t mind at all. I’m in Montgomery Cty near the beltway. I’m picking up in Rockville.

Realized the last few days that there’s a bunch of us. We should arrange a meet up once we get our cars.

Comically (or sadly) we all went from Blank to August to Blank at the same time last week.

Im so tempted to change mine as well, but my SA I called to do so today stated it wouldnt do any good in my case and another SA emailed and stated the same. 4,500 bucks for 21s in Rhode Island (cold and potholes) might not be my smartest move. But.... BUT.... I want the car asap. LOL
Same. My SA said it wouldn’t be good meanwhile people out here getting VINS!

Reactions: JimLL and JaeTheDev