Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, my wife got pulled over just for the tint on our old Audi. I know a lot of people who have been ticketed for no front plate. But about 20% of the cars don't have the plate, so the chances are low for tickets, but they do happen.

I gave in and after years of no plates on my Porsches, I have just added it for one less thing to worry about.
I’m hoping they make a removable front plate mount like on the 3 and Y. That way I’d you get a fix it ticket you can just mount it and get it taken off.

Reactions: cwanja and JimLL
Windows tinted - she’s beautiful.

went with 40% 3M all around for consistency. I didn’t want it to be too dark either, so I was pretty happy with my choice here and how it turned out
Do the 3M crystalline have a bluish tint to them? I thought someone said they did. Or maybe that was at a higher level like 70%.
What shop did you have it done?

Has anyone here actually been pulled over and ticketed for tint?
Personally, not. You would likely get it when you are doing a registration renewal or being pulled over for something else.
As far as front license plate:
I parked In front of a store in Santa Monica with the meter having 2 hours left in it, I received a ticket from meter maid for no front license plate
What a freaking joke

For the front windows, 70% is the limit. For windshield, only the top few inches can be tinted. That's for California. Other states could be different.

I would like to know how much heat comes in through the windshield. There are clear coatings for windshield that block only heat (and UV).
I think that last part really depends on your climate and preference. South Texas, sitting in rush hour traffic? A ton. I got the full windshield tinted, dash was warm to the touch. But not unbearable. And my hand never got hot.

WTF. I had a VIN and a delivery date for next week. An MVPA. Loan documents signed. VIN is now gone. Tesla said it was given to someone else in CA to prioritize EOQ deliveries and says that I'll get another VIN.... Soon. Ouch.
its almost so bad (customer service wise) that its comical. No other major company operates like this. And if they did? They would without question offer SOMETHING in return for your trouble. A free option of some sort, some free upgrade..something.

Tesla? NOTHING. They do NOT care at all. haha (not funny but..kinda funny)

Yep, my wife got pulled over just for the tint on our old Audi. I know a lot of people who have been ticketed for no front plate. But about 20% of the cars don't have the plate, so the chances are low for tickets, but they do happen.

I gave in and after years of no plates on my Porsches, I have just added it for one less thing to worry about.
In all fairness, it is a nonmoving violation. Keep the bracket, spare tape, tape it on, take a photo, ticket gets dismissed, take it off.

Reactions: headcase
WTF. I had a VIN and a delivery date for next week. An MVPA. Loan documents signed. VIN is now gone. Tesla said it was given to someone else in CA to prioritize EOQ deliveries and says that I'll get another VIN.... Soon. Ouch.
Sorry to hear! Whats a MVPA? I submitted my loan application which got approved. But I haven't had any loan documents to sign yet. How long does it take from submitting loan application to getting loan docs to sign?

As far as front license plate:
I parked In front of a store in Santa Monica with the meter having 2 hours left in it, I received a ticket from meter maid for no front license plate
Same here. There’s very little enforcement in CA of the front license plate requirement by cops but if you park in a lot patrolled by someone with a ticket book whose only job is writing parking tickets, there’s a good chance they’ll cite you for that. I always put my front plate in the window when I park in those areas to avoid getting cited.

Sorry to hear! Whats a MVPA? I submitted my loan application which got approved. But I haven't had any loan documents to sign yet. How long does it take from submitting loan application to getting loan docs to sign?
Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. It is the final document that is considered the car that is delivered. It should match what you take delivery of, from the VIN down to the options on the car.

Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement, as opposed to MVOA when you submit your order, Motor Vehicle Order Agreement.

Ugh... that's so disappointing. I'm sorry to hear.

Still no VIN and June ETA disappeared this morning.

I have had a vin, paid off car in cash on Friday and they keep cancelling my delivery appointments because it just hasn’t left the factory. No one has an explanation