Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted in the main S delivery thread but wanted to post here as well. I picked up my MS LR today. It’s friggin awesome. Haven’t had a chance to drive it as much as I would like but I love it. I am sure the plaid is incredible but the performance of the LR is crazy, it’s a rocket ship, 0 - 60 in a flash, and on to a very ‘healthy speed’ with zero let up. For those that have taken delivery, congrats, I hope you agree. For those waiting, it’s worth it, best car I have driven and I have had a couple of ok ones of the ICE variety. Any questions let me know although it’s my first Tesla so may not be the most educated in such things. I will say that Blank ended up being a good thing for me.

Do they still manufacture the S and the X on the same line?
Well they aren't making any Xs right now. 🤣

But from everything I heard they were half separate and half combined before, but with this refresh they eliminated the separate part and combined the whole production process. Freeing up room to do other things at Fremont. (Rumor is that they are setting up a trial Cybertruck line that will be moved, or replicated, to GigaAustin.)

• Funny
Reactions: JaeTheDev
I posted in the main S delivery thread but wanted to post here as well. I picked up my MS LR today. It’s friggin awesome. Haven’t had a chance to drive it as much as I would like but I love it. I am sure the plaid is incredible but the performance of the LR is crazy, it’s a rocket ship, 0 - 60 in a flash, and on to a very ‘healthy speed’ with zero let up. For those that have taken delivery, congrats, I hope you agree. For those waiting, it’s worth it, best car I have driven and I have had a couple of ok ones of the ICE variety. Any questions let me know although it’s my first Tesla so may not be the most educated in such things. I will say that Blank ended up being a good thing for me.
Awesome to hear!

Reactions: DLCT
I just turned in my 2018 100D for the LR refresh. There is no comparison the refresh is much better in terms on handling, ride comfort, road noise, features, and acceleration. The yoke takes a few minutes to get used to and then you might like it better.
Congrats! I'm very glad you like it. And, I am also looking forward to seeing your (and others') traded in MS on the Tesla used car site (which until a few weeks ago was bone dry)!

Reactions: jlear
There's not much to discuss. GabeinCal's flyovers have shown only a smattering of reds, presumably all Plaids. My order is in "production planning", which I'm told means factory acknowledgement that my order exists. I don't actually have a production slot at this point because Tesla's just not making reds, likely because the amount of time to crank them out doesn't help the EOQ push. Hopefully things change in July. I have read one post where a member speculated that MS production will be paused after EOQ so that Tesla can start making MXs. I sure hope not.

For me Red cars is definitely the elephant in the room. I hop these is a higher batch of red refreshes in the next week or so and we get a good flyover video of them waiting for delivery! Perhaps saving the best color for last? 😁

Awesome to hear!
Trust me , it’s a rocket ship, all LR people are gonna be happy, I don’t have quantitative numbers yet but to give you an idea on performance I took a friend out who is a qualified pilot and has done aerobatic flying, i floored it zero to quite a lot, his reaction was the only thing he has ever experienced like that was doing a loop in a plane… go figure… guess it feels really quick … ordered mine at beginning of Feb , bit of a wait, totally worth it, really pumped up on day one..;

Delivered!

Attachments

• 1D1F09F5-BC7C-4500-B4A9-94634AB7626D.jpeg
    1D1F09F5-BC7C-4500-B4A9-94634AB7626D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
I just turned in my 2018 100D for the LR refresh. There is no comparison the refresh is much better in terms on handling, ride comfort, road noise, features, and acceleration. The yoke takes a few minutes to get used to and then you might like it better.
That is very good feedback. I knew about the features and noise reduction but I didn't expect comfort and handling to improve. That is nice. Is anyone missing the unlimited free premium connect or giving up free super charging. Or is the monthly $10 fee and infrequent supercharging not a big deal. I think I will enjoy the new refresh more but not sure I can wait that long. October probably as I am at 1151. I may change my pickup location to Fremont if that helps.

Got my LR S today. Burbank said mine was the 3rd refreshed model S they’ve delivered. Mine plus a plaid that went to Jay Leno and one more. Build quality is amazing and the refresh hits all the marks. They went too far by deleting the st. Serves no useful purpose and it’s a pita to use the turn signals, high beams and horn. Smooth surfaces no bumps to help locate the buttons without looking down. I find myself hitting the turn signal randomly so I’ll make one flash.

the yoke is too damn wide, steering ratio is not ideal for yoke. I could appreciate the yoke if it had variable ratio based on speed so I’d never do more than 90 degrees in either direction lock to lock but in parking lots it’s ridiculous. I find myself steering with my hands in odd positions. Anybody that says it doesn’t bother them is crazy.

couple of things about the new UI. the map does not have a quick button to display nearby superchargers as red lightning bolts it’s buried in the menu. The door lock button is hidden on the main menu panel vs being on the screen at all times. You can’t get to it without tapping a button to reveal it.

i'm in Ct also...1146; great to hear giving me hope!

Frank