Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after the 6/15 order getting a car im moving to the 21s and removing FSD to cover the costs. Will keep updated if this brings a vin as am a feb4th order. Likely will be until next week that I get an SA on the phone to make the move

• Informative
Reactions: Drew-MS
All right, I caved in and updated my reservation to 21". I was thinking of doing it for a while but seeing that someone who ordered on 6/15 getting a VIN made this change a no brainer. I'm in the bay area too, so hopefully I get a VIN before October (which is the current EDD)
My SA also told me that he's seen quite a few white interiors being delivered, so I didn't change that. Let's see what happens.

ordered 6/15 blue, No FSD, 21 in , black interior said october and now today got vin and says next week july 07-10
Respectfully, I am going to call this not credible unless I see a screenshot with a partial reservation and partial VIN. If this is true, then this is absolutely unacceptable for the folks waiting since October...

test
Your car looks awesome !
I ordered on Jan 8th, MS-LR, blue/white, 19" std wheels, no FSD, delivery to SW Florida and July delivery disappeared. I'm thinking delivery problem is the 19" wheels and possibly shipping time to FL. My previou MS was 2017 blue/beige.
I don’t think there’s any shipping issues as I saw Plaids at the Tampa and Jacksonville SC last week. Sounds like 19” wheels may be delayed to mid-July based on a color change.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Respectfully, I am going to call this not credible unless I see a screenshot with a partial reservation and partial VIN. If this is true, then this is absolutely unacceptable for the folks waiting since October...
If this was true, it would probably be that they shipped the car out to the SC and the original intended owner refused delivery, so in stead of shipping it back, the local SA matched it with the next local person in line with that exact configuration.

If this was true, it would probably be that they shipped the car out to the SC and the original intended owner refused delivery, so in stead of shipping it back, the local SA matched it with the next local person in line with that exact configuration.
This is the most likely case. I know someone who ordered last Thursday (not yesterday) and got a call Tuesday for one. They flew to DFW and picked it up Wednesday before EoQ. It was handled through their SA. So while most of us are rightfully infuriated, it’s how Tesla does thing. Right or wrong. We’ve all seen it. But it makes more sense to deliver it locally than ship it to the next RN halfway across the US.

I'm just here for the show. We aren't moving into our newly built house until early September, so actually not wanting delivery until like mid-September. Have October estimate right now. So just kinda watching the show with others that also have 19s, etc, ;-) My only slight dilemma is I kinda want blue/white again, but love white/white - ug. Def want 19s though for the range.

I'm just here for the show. We aren't moving into our newly built house until early September, so actually not wanting delivery until like mid-September. Have October estimate right now. So just kinda watching the show with others that also have 19s, etc, ;-) My only slight dilemma is I kinda want blue/white again, but love white/white - ug. Def want 19s though for the range.
Im with you not wanting delivery until my quoted October date! Fun to keep up with the forum though. Its definitely hard to decide on color combos for these cars lol. I used to have a white/white MYP and it stressed me out so much that someone was going to stain the white interior (even though I know its durable/difficult to stain) so I decided to go black this time. Also had a terribly mismatched rear bumper that Tesla wouldn't do anything about, so I went with Blue this time.

How easy would it be to take delivery with 21” wheels, then buy 19” wheels when they become available and then sell original 21”? Looking for any way to get car but also want 19” long term!

Ill be canning my 21s or 19s. I go with TSportlines. Lighter rims and make the vehicle a little different than everyone elses out there. I personally like their Uberturbine remakes in gray. They stated they will have all rims ready for the new MS in September. Thats my plan at least.