Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks is it going to get ceramic coated, tinted, and protective film installed directly from Fremont so hopefully I can start enjoying it next weekend!
Congratulations.... excited for you!! I have the same exact config (RN#, Red exterior, Black interior, FSD, 21"), so this is making me hopeful I may not be too far behind you. I'm a newbie, so hope you or anyone else can help me with a question. I am interested in also taking it for Ceramic Coating, PPF, and Window Tint directly from pick-up. What do we do though if we see serious issues like paint, gaps, etc... .? Shouldn't we wait until those are fixed before doing the Ceramic Coating, PPF, and Tint? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
Congratulations.... excited for you!! I have the same exact config (RN#, Red exterior, Black interior, FSD, 21"), so this is making me hopeful I may not be too far behind you. I'm a newbie, so hope you or anyone else can help me with a question. I am interested in also taking it for Ceramic Coating, PPF, and Window Tint directly from pick-up. What do we do though if we see serious issues like paint, gaps, etc... .? Shouldn't we wait until those are fixed before doing the Ceramic Coating, PPF, and Tint? Thanks in advance for the advice.
I told the wife if we find anything wrong we would wait to do it. I plan on taking detailed photos before we drive away and review them. Plus I will be giving detailed instructions to the installer to examine it throughly as well before application. We had a MY 7 Seater preordered before this but hopefully that doesn’t make a difference for your DD.

I tried to get insurance but they told me to wait till I take official delivery is that normal I already have a policy with Tesla if that helps
I assume you have a VIN. I don't know if it's normal but I see that you're in CA. In CA, you don't need to add your car to insurance before delivery. You just need an insurance in your name (on any other car) to take delivery. Most insurances will cover your new car up to 30 days before which you need to get your car insured.

Reactions: Bradleybourbon
VIN!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210703-064151.jpg
    Screenshot_20210703-064151.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 97
Given that deliveries are going out, how long until someone posts a range test? Any lucky owners out there planning a road trip this weekend?
My car is being delivered while my family is on vacation so I I'll be flying to Nashville and then driving to the beach. The drive will be around 650 miles. I can post some statistics about the drive. If I can get it set up quickly I can try teslafi and abetterrouteplanner.

Last edited: