Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don‘t be too quick to bet against FSD...I got it 2 1/2 years ago on my M3 and have ordered it on my MS LR...I don’t consider it a scam. I’m looking forward to using the additional capability as it gets released to us.
I’ve had it for 4 years…I wouldn’t call that being too quick to judge.

Can your Model 3 drive itself? Has Tesla delivered on any of their feature timelines in the span of your ownership? What additional capabilities are you looking forward to and when do you expect you will receive them?

I don’t know about you but I typically don’t own the same vehicle for 10+ years and I will never realize the alleged potential of FSD.

Yes it works. I use it all the time when I come home with a car full of people. I have everyone get out in the driveway where there is more room, then summons the car into the garage.

I have had several people tell me it is the coolest thing ever when it comes to get me in a parking lot. Some even take videos. I don't use it if the parking lot is busy as the car is too polite.
How well do you have to line up the car? can you get the car to back in? I added FSD a couple of weeks ago for various reasons, but I was hoping the garage parking would be a real winner. When I rarely put my ICE into the garage, it is an ordeal, I go about 1/2 a mile an hour, and sometimes it takes me a few times - I'm THAT nervous about hitting the retracted mirrors, etc. - thanks!

How well do you have to line up the car? can you get the car to back in? I added FSD a couple of weeks ago for various reasons, but I was hoping the garage parking would be a real winner. When I rarely put my ICE into the garage, it is an ordeal, I go about 1/2 a mile an hour, and sometimes it takes me a few times - I'm THAT nervous about hitting the retracted mirrors, etc. - thanks!
You don't need to be lined up much at all as the car will steer to correct and avoid things. You can't be 90 degrees off, but remotely close is fine. I also use it when I have a lot to unload from the trunk and have the car back into the garage. It is much better at that than I am.

If your garage is extremely tight, it may not work, but if there is room for you to get in the door, the car has no issues. One problem is I park on the side so two car fit, but they do need to be pretty close to the side. If the other car is out, the Tesla will park too far from the wall. You can see my garage size in the avatar.

Reactions: Arunks
You don't need to be lined up much at all as the car will steer to correct and avoid things. You can't be 90 degrees off, but remotely close is fine. I also use it when I have a lot to unload from the trunk and have the car back into the garage. It is much better at that than I am.

If your garage is extremely tight, it may not work, but if there is room for you to get in the door, the car has no issues. One problem is I park on the side so two car fit, but they do need to be pretty close to the side. If the other car is out, the Tesla will park too far from the wall. You can see my garage size in the avatar.
thanks - your garage looks nicer than my living room :) Inside the garage is fine - there's not even a support pillar like my old house, so that's good - it's just the comparatively narrow door that concerns me. Two of my buddy's bays consist of a single double wide door - that would make parking a snap. Good to hear the FSD (summon/park?) feature is good, at least at the home garage - that's a major value to me.

yes - I was told the same thing - will only hold for 3 days then will go to next customer inline. My EDD is August and I am in Hawaii for 10days the middle of August ! I know -1st world problem but DAMN IT !
I forget who posted it, but it appears there MIGHT be some flexibility in the 3 day window if it’s not the end of a month or quarter. I don’t have first hand experience or any data though.

I forget who posted it, but it appears there MIGHT be some flexibility in the 3 day window if it’s not the end of a month or quarter. I don’t have first hand experience or any data though.
Thinking this as well. Seen up to a week, but feel like each of these are situation dependent. And likely up to your SA and that relationship. Best to keep them informed ahead of time.

I got my VIN over the holiday weekend with a delivery date range of July 17-24. Original order Dec 12th MS LR, Black, cream interior, regular wheels+FSD, RN1142. I went in to the RDU SC and switched to 21's on June 27th. So, it took a little over a week to catch a VIN after the switch for me.

It will be my first time in a Tesla..so I'm pretty excited. Fingers crossed it comes in on time.

I got my VIN over the holiday weekend with a delivery date range of July 17-24. Original order Dec 12th MS LR, Black, cream interior, regular wheels+FSD, RN1142. I went in to the RDU SC and switched to 21's on June 27th. So, it took a little over a week to catch a VIN after the switch for me.

It will be my first time in a Tesla..so I'm pretty excited. Fingers crossed it comes in on time.
man I got all excited reading this when you said regular wheels...then I finished reading 😭

Does anyone know if deliveries are being prioritized for current or previous Tesla owners vs. new ones?

I got my 3 when they were first being delivered and I was hearing that was what they were doing with the 3 reservations. Don’t have any proof though.

Reactions: Richmonder
Thinking this as well. Seen up to a week, but feel like each of these are situation dependent. And likely up to your SA and that relationship. Best to keep them informed ahead of time.

I would hope so. I'll reach out to my contact at the dealership. Seems ridiculous that delivery is repeatedly delayed and then if we're unavailable within a few days of the delivery we're screwed.