Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For most people who drive less than 200 miles in the day, so long as you have six or seven hours every evening to charge, all you need is a NEMA 14-50 connected to a 50 amp breaker, The adapter and the cord that comes with the car. It is true that the tesla wall connector can be powered with more amperage, but it’s only going to give you a few more miles per hour even connected at 60 A. The wall connector does look better, and makes for a fancier garage, but it’s really not necessary. I would also add that in the 4 1/2 years I’ve owned my MS, I took the cord with me on a road trip one time and it was a complete waste of space because unless the location has a 220v Plug, all you’re going to get is a trickle charge.
This has been my experience. It’s pretty hard to find a 220v outlet that is accessible and has the proper faceplate. A few times some friends have said “oh yeah, you can plug in over there but then the outlet didn’t have the proper design for my connector so it was a waste.

I actually reserved FN2187 as a license place before I got my first Tesla since I was going for the stormtrooper look with the white exterior back in 2016. They later dropped that color and we already had a pearl white so I ended up switching to silver. Being a Star Trek fan as well, I ended up getting ENRGIZE instead.

Congrats on your purchase and delivery. Still waiting on ours!

Not my car, just a random video I found online!

Do you imply the tax credit and rebates are only for the wall charger and not for the pig tail solution as it is not a dedicated unit?

Thanks to all for the very informative discussion on the charger install (especially for newbies on this group). Greatly appreciated 👍
Actually, not sure about that. For the 30% tax credit, i don't think it matters. It's the fact that you installed an EV home charging solution. It might matter for the rebate. The local utility rebate looked rather fussy, but couldn't hurt to submit the application!

Do you imply the tax credit and rebates are only for the wall charger and not for the pig tail solution as it is not a dedicated unit?

Thanks to all for the very informative discussion on the charger install (especially for newbies on this group). Greatly appreciated 👍
The tax credit can be used for parts and labor for installing equipment necessary for electric vehicle charging.

We claimed the tax credit in 2015 when we had two 14-50 outlets installed. We claimed it again in 2018 when we had Tesla install three Tesla wall connectors.

Reactions: Air Wind
Hey there! My service center is supposed to call me by noon today. If the quality inspection is done I can pick it up today, but I'm officially scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm PDT. :)
So exciting! My appt has held steady for 1 PM, Thursday. Hoping our cars were on the same transport.

Have you called the service center since you last scheduled? It's possible the car is already there and they just need to know you're interested in grabbing it earlier!
I spoke to them yesterday morning about renewing my financing. Perhaps mine was on the way from LA to Palm Springs then. :)

For those interested, I also confirmed in no uncertain terms that removing FSD at this point would result in the price increase...not only did two SAs independently confirm, but the order desk in Fremont did as well. Sure wish I had thought about the tax implications before the price went up! Expensive lesson.

Reactions: legend_of_jim
I added FSD to my order ~late May “thinking” it would speed up my 1/1/21 ordered LR Blk/Blk 19” S.

As of today, with a blank EDD, I had FSD removed from my order and will pay whatever the monthly fee is as we usually trade our S every ~2 years.

Tesla shi^%ing around lost a 10k add on 🤷🏻‍♂️ to my order.
When you removed the FSD did the updated order agreement reflect the $5K price increase for the base price of the car? If the price did not go up, how did you get it removed?

Reactions: Zaker89