Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been my experience. It’s pretty hard to find a 220v outlet that is accessible and has the proper faceplate. A few times some friends have said “oh yeah, you can plug in over there but then the outlet didn’t have the proper design for my connector so it was a waste.
We just use evhotels app and then you can find all the hotels with chargers.. 14-50's and J1772's etc.

• Informative
Reactions: gadelrosario
We just use evhotels app and then you can find all the hotels with chargers.. 14-50's and J1772's etc.
Don’t have that app, I’ll need to get it. I’m actually ok charging at a hotel with a J1772 adapter. Never found a hotel that I could use my mobile charger unless I wanted the trickle charge from a wall outlet in the parking structure.

1626204729357.jpeg

Apparently not all missed calls from Fremont are from Tesla…

I'm happy for people who have VIN with same configuration as I have but at the same time it's so stressful to see people getting VINs that ordered 2~5 months later than me..

I'll have to stop monitoring this forum until I get delivery. or I might get some chronic headache.

Hope you guys have good luck with your deliveries!

I'm happy for people who have VIN with same configuration as I have but at the same time it's so stressful to see people getting VINs that ordered 2~5 months later than me..

I'll have to stop monitoring this forum until I get delivery. or I might get some chronic headache.

We are in the same boat friend, it is what it is, I like to learn and know what to expect if i ever get a car though. Knowledge is power! :)

Via email request and I did it 3 days before the price increase. Took about 6 hrs to show up and didn’t change my order agreement other than no FSD showing
Ah, the key was you did it before the price increase. @EVonly managed to remove it before the price change as well.

Last edited:

When did you officially convert to the refresh? I wonder if this has to do with placement in the queue.

[cross post]

Just test drove a new LR from our local Tesla club and holy *fudging* *sugar*. Everyone with the Plaid, definitely enjoy. I will love my LR when it comes in. But wow, this car is insane. All the reviews are spot on. It is worth the wait.

I recall someone calling out the stitching on the back of one of the yoke numbs - his had the same issue. Service will fix / replace. Which is nice because it also had the infamous vein.

[cross post]

Just test drove a new LR from our local Tesla club and holy *fudging* *sugar*. Everyone with the Plaid, definitely enjoy. I will love my LR when it comes in. But wow, this car is insane. All the reviews are spot on. It is worth the wait.

I recall someone calling out the stitching on the back of one of the yoke numbs - his had the same issue. Service will fix / replace. Which is nice because it also had the infamous vein.
Jealous! Im dying to see one in person/test drive. Cant wait to get my car!

Reactions: cwanja
Jealous! Im dying to see one in person/test drive. Cant wait to get my car!
All I can say is it will be worth the wait. To see one, call up or head to your service center. Know that both of the ones in Houston have regularly had some for pickup. To test drive one, find a local group and see if anyone has one. I just happened to reach out to this member and he was happy to meet up today.

I wonder if we technically have the same order day then. Were you able to get a hold of an SA to see how your timing looks?
I just called the SA in my delivery center and she is the first one ever checked detailed infos in her side. She told me it's under build planning stage and she'll be able to see the timeframe in a week. If she's correct, I would get my car delivered around the end of this month or early next month.

I will update what happens next week

Another option is what I’ve always done. I have my electrician install a Nema 14-50 outlet and use the HPWC with a 14-50 pigtail he installed. Gives me the flexibility of an outlet and the speed of an HPWC without having to plug and unplug my cord. I can leave it in my car.
Can you explain this set up as far as why it may be better. New to Tesla and getting charger installed next week.