Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are you folks able to change your wheel selection within the account? Or only way is via contacting your SA and having them do it? I never saw any option after I finalized my order and entered all of my insurance info..

tesla DOT com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX

Replaces X's, login in if its asks once you click enter, and then edit away. NOTE... it may subject you to the $5,000 price increase if doing so.

Thanks. Not sure if this helps, but this is how it progressed for me:
- like many my account would update with date ranges (or a specific month) and then transition to blank through most of May and June. Most of the time, however, it was blank.
- last week I had an estimated delivery date of July 4 - 16.
- over the weekend my account transitioned back to blank and remained blank until this morning.
- the VIN was assigned to me sometime between midnight and 345am ET (yes, I checked my account around midnight and then again at 345am… and no, I’m not insane… we are all just “passionate”).

I spoke with my SA… based on the information available to him in the system, it appears my car was produced this past weekend (June 26 or 27)… so it took a few days to allocate the VIN.

It appears many have indicated that they receive a VIN after their account transitions from a date range to blank. I think the fact that you have a specific date range (rather than just a month without a date range) is a positive sign… but all just speculation on my end.

I anticipate that since EOQ has passed, they will manufacture in batches and prioritize orders by order date; at least, that seems to be the right approach.
It's been a while since I've posted (hard to believe I received a VIN 13 days ago)... but I've been keeping up with the thread and wanted to provide a quick update.

I am scheduled to take delivery tomorrow. I ordered prior to the refresh announcement and was informed I would receive the $2K discount/credit... for those that are eligible for the $2K discount, make sure you work with your SA to get this added. I brought it up several times and this morning it still was not reflected on my account; my SA spoke with his manager and they finally applied it as a referral credit today. Other than that, I haven't encountered any other hiccups in the process thus far.

My experience on the Tesla wall connector:
I had one installed last week. I obtained two quotes - an electrician from Tesla's list and one that was not listed. In my experience, the electrician from the Tesla list quoted a much lower price (~25% less); I certainly recommend obtaining a quote from someone on Tesla's list for the wall connector installation.

I do plan on having paint protection (spray on type from Ngenco) applied to the front of the vehicle (bumper/hood/front quarter panels/mirrors) and Opti-Coat Pro+ on the entire body of the car. This will be my first time having anything like this applied to my car, but looking forward to seeing the results.

Beyond that, someone recently posted a checklist for delivery day and I will be leveraging that list tomorrow. I will certainly be inspecting to see if the yoke vein/worm is present since it is something I will see every time I sit in the driver's seat. It appears that many have encountered this issue... but not sure if anyone has been able to get it addressed/corrected (has anyone had any luck)? I've seen a couple of videos in which the vein did not appear to be present (image below), so hopefully it can be addressed.

yoke without vein.png

Reactions: dfinn1 and cwanja
OMG thats hilarious! Ive stated the same to my wife many times, as she works in South Kingstown. I go to Gingers in Westerly.

That being said, want a business partner? I own a Web Design & Digital Marketing studio in Westerly. I can market it well! HA!
It’s a killer idea, but way too expensive. I’ll follow up with you in RI thread. May have some other business opportunities too.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
feb black cream 19s fsd. no need for a hold up other than 19s. sept 14 deadline then out country until march. Thought original deadline was late oct and Never expected the car to take this long. was dream car but will just buy something else next year, by then the price will have risen on the base lr model, fsd will have risen and no way want to go through this all over again for even more money.
I would just keep rejecting your VIN until you get back (if that is an option). Then you would have a 2022 model year, some potential updates (lights, etc) and maybe a tax incentive that kicks in (long shot) and not have your car sitting ideal for 6 months.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ovrt23 and cwanja
I would just keep rejecting your VIN until you get back (if that is an option). Then you would have a 2022 model year, some potential updates (lights, etc) and maybe a tax incentive that kicks in (long shot) and not have your car sitting ideal for 6 months.

I may be wrong, but I think you can only push back your delivery for 3 months

Reactions: Ovrt23

You can just put your order on hold and release the hold (online) whenever you are ready. I ordered my MYP in March 2019 and released the hold on May 2021.

It's been a while since I've posted (hard to believe I received a VIN 13 days ago)... but I've been keeping up with the thread and wanted to provide a quick update.

I am scheduled to take delivery tomorrow. I ordered prior to the refresh announcement and was informed I would receive the $2K discount/credit... for those that are eligible for the $2K discount, make sure you work with your SA to get this added. I brought it up several times and this morning it still was not reflected on my account; my SA spoke with his manager and they finally applied it as a referral credit today. Other than that, I haven't encountered any other hiccups in the process thus far.

My experience on the Tesla wall connector:
I had one installed last week. I obtained two quotes - an electrician from Tesla's list and one that was not listed. In my experience, the electrician from the Tesla list quoted a much lower price (~25% less); I certainly recommend obtaining a quote from someone on Tesla's list for the wall connector installation.

I do plan on having paint protection (spray on type from Ngenco) applied to the front of the vehicle (bumper/hood/front quarter panels/mirrors) and Opti-Coat Pro+ on the entire body of the car. This will be my first time having anything like this applied to my car, but looking forward to seeing the results.

Beyond that, someone recently posted a checklist for delivery day and I will be leveraging that list tomorrow. I will certainly be inspecting to see if the yoke vein/worm is present since it is something I will see every time I sit in the driver's seat. It appears that many have encountered this issue... but not sure if anyone has been able to get it addressed/corrected (has anyone had any luck)? I've seen a couple of videos in which the vein did not appear to be present (image below), so hopefully it can be addressed.

View attachment 684524
The individual that let me test drive their LR from our local Tesla club said that Tesla is addressing the stitching for his yoke numb. Not sure if that means replacement or repair. He also had the vein, so if it is replaced, that would fix that as well.

Reactions: Road Warrior
FWIW, just checked on my 7 month old order. Calling my local SA number, it was forwarded to the Las Vegas team. They claim to have no knowledge of any 19" wheel issues. That's really hard to believe, if we have so many people calling to change their orders from 21 to 19. They also claimed to have no way to see where I was in the queue with a Dec 2020 order.

Tesla really needs to figure out a better communications plan on all this. This isn't rocket science, some companies do it quite well.

You won't find that Tesla does "model years". They could introduce new headlights on a random Tuesday in March. And every car produced after that date has it. That has constantly been proven over and over by Tesla.

You’re half right. Tesla does do model years. It’s the law. That being said, yep. New features are added on random dates and times. Still, they all have a model year. Shows right on the sticker on various spots, like the trunk, inside door trim, etc.

Reactions: cwanja
You’re half right. Tesla does do model years. It’s the law. That being said, yep. New features are added on random dates and times. Still, they all have a model year. Shows right on the sticker on various spots, like the trunk, inside door trim, etc.
Gosh.

Yes. They do model years for VIN and regulatory reasons.

No. They do not model years where they produce the same car all year along and then introduce a new model refresh with interior / exterior changes. Just look at the S. It was introduced in January, meant to be delivered in February / March. Completely opposite from the typical industry.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Gosh.

Yes. They do model years for VIN and regulatory reasons.

No. They do not model years where they produce the same car all year along and then introduce a new model refresh with interior / exterior changes. Just look at the S. It was introduced in January, meant to be delivered in February / March. Completely opposite from the typical industry.

Understood, and its 100% internet nitpicking. LOL. The Model 3’s 2021 “center console” refresh and “chrome delete” was on par at least with the new model year. Pretty much the only time I can remember a model year actually mattering TBH.

• Funny
You won't find that Tesla does "model years". They could introduce new headlights on a random Tuesday in March. And every car produced after that date has it. That has constantly been proven over and over by Tesla.
Agreed. I was referring to that chance of getting different headlights just because 6 months goes by. Plus they like to add stuff in Feb for some reason.

I got an email today from tsportline saying they are going to have 21" and 20" options for the new Model is in about 4 weeks in their current styles
That is correct. I placed an order for 21" wheels with them yesterday. It will take them 4 weeks to produce them. They asked for my VIN when I get it assigned so that they can order then proper tire pressure sensors.

Reactions: travwill