Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has there been any posts from Refresh LR owners on the cars range? I am hoping to get at least another 100 miles of real world range in the MS LR than my 2017 MX P100DL.
The few things ive seen about range seem positive. You can probably expect 340-350 miles with 21" wheels and ~375 or so with the 19" wheels in average, real world driving. Less if you have a lead foot. No good tests on efficiency that I have seen yet though.

Reactions: VikH and cwanja
Thanks for the info as I am in same situation here in San Diego. I asked two different SA's and they told me it would be no problem removing FSD and then adding it in the parking lot after delivery. I guess they haven't taken into account how it effects recent price changes. It's another example of better info here than from Tesla SA's.

Picking up my S-LR on Saturday and while I'm not happy about paying an extra $700 in sales tax, it's better having a surprise $5k bill from Tesla. I think I'm glad we switched to Arachnids before the price increase, thanks to info here about the delay on the 19" wheels. Our order did indeed speed up but I guess I'll see you all at Discount Tire in a year or so!

Good luck to everyone still waiting and maybe we'll do this all again at the CT Order thread.
To clarify, you’d still pay sales tax on the FSD but wouldn’t pay the VLF portion of the initial registration and every year thereafter.

Well, she arrived a day early! Home delivery experience was great. There are 2 issues with the car that I was notified of:
  1. Key fobs haven't arrived yet. They will be FedEx'd to me soon. No problem as I have the 2 keycards and phone keys***
  2. Each of the right side rims had a scuff. I personally only would have noticed one of them, but Tesla has already had the replacements on order and will be swapping them out soon
The rest of the car is great! Its beautiful, fast, and comfy. Kids love the back screen. Overall, I'm still getting things setup how I want them.

One thing I haven't seen posted anywhere, the HPWC is able to charge the car at around 45 Miles Per Hour at 48 amps.

*** I haven't been able to get my phone to act as a phone key yet. I can see the option in the Tesla app, but it doesn't let me click on it to set it up. I've turned on all of the app permissions, reinstalled the app, etc.. no luck. I'm using a OnePlus 8T (Android). Wife was able to set up her phone key in 1 minute with no issues :(

1626362268475.png

Well, she arrived a day early! Home delivery experience was great. There are 2 issues with the car that I was notified of:
  1. Key fobs haven't arrived yet. They will be FedEx'd to me soon. No problem as I have the 2 keycards and phone keys***
  2. Each of the right side rims had a scuff. I personally only would have noticed one of them, but Tesla has already had the replacements on order and will be swapping them out soon
The rest of the car is great! Its beautiful, fast, and comfy. Kids love the back screen. Overall, I'm still getting things setup how I want them.

One thing I haven't seen posted anywhere, the HPWC is able to charge the car at around 45 Miles Per Hour at 48 amps.

*** I haven't been able to get my phone to act as a phone key yet. I can see the option in the Tesla app, but it doesn't let me click on it to set it up. I've turned on all of the app permissions, reinstalled the app, etc.. no luck. I'm using a OnePlus 8T (Android). Wife was able to set up her phone key in 1 minute with no issues :(

View attachment 684741
Gorgeous car! Glad your issues were minor and Tesla is addressing them! I have heard there are problems with some Android users and the phone key :confused: hopefully that will get fixed soon! Enjoy!

Reactions: droopaloop

View attachment 684741
I ordered exact same car, you drew the lucky geographical early delivery card it seems.

View attachment 684741
Beautiful car. I am so glad I ordered the white exterior. Question: my wife's new car as a heads up display, and I am now hooked on it. Does the Model S LR come with a HUD? If so, what do you think of it? My wife's car's HUD (Toyota Highlander) shows the speed limit (probably based on GPS coordinates) as well as current speed, and I find this helpful when finding a compromise between the speed limit a speeding ticket.

Beautiful car. I am so glad I ordered the white exterior. Question: my wife's new car as a heads up display, and I am now hooked on it. Does the Model S LR come with a HUD? If so, what do you think of it? My wife's car's HUD (Toyota Highlander) shows the speed limit (probably based on GPS coordinates) as well as current speed, and I find this helpful when finding a compromise between the speed limit a speeding ticket.
no HUD

Reactions: cwanja

View attachment 684741
absolutely awesome...and that is my color combo. Now more excited.

View attachment 684741
can you please post some interior shots?

A couple of weeks ago, I tested the theory that is changing the order from 19 to 21 would speed up the delivery. I am an RN1150 (late May). Well, it seems it worked; I have been mostly blank and in the last week showing October. Today it shows a delivery date between July 30 - August 11. We all know this is very subjective, and in an hour, I might be posting again saying that it is back to blank or October.

I'll keep you posted.
Could be true as I'm a RN 1150... and with 19s. Still holding strong with October date here.

Just called my SA to see why my delivery appointment was pushed out. Turns out my car is ready to go, just awaiting transport from Fremont. He had no idea when it would be sent down to Southern California. Has anyone else experienced this sort of delay? And if so, how long did you have to wait before it started its journey? This part of the wait has been the most nerve-wracking, knowing the car is built but not being able to get it!

Reactions: legend_of_jim
Just called my SA to see why my delivery appointment was pushed out. Turns out my car is ready to go, just awaiting transport from Fremont. He had no idea when it would be sent down to Southern California. Has anyone else experienced this sort of delay? And if so, how long did you have to wait before it started its journey? This part of the wait has been the most nerve-wracking, knowing the car is built but not being able to get it!
Hey @derevan007, ah that sucks I'm sorry to hear. OK here was my experience - i had received my vin last Friday at around 6pm, I never received the email or text. I called the delivery center on Sunday and they told me the car hadn't left Fremont yet or even had a carrier assigned. Then I called again on Monday the next day and it was there ready for pickup Tuesday!

Their information could be wrong so I recommend calling daily for updates.

My car said it was coming July 16 - 30th. Now it says nothing. So confusing. I don't have a VIN yet. Sent an email to my local center, but no response...it's been a few days.

Gorgeous car! Glad your issues were minor and Tesla is addressing them! I have heard there are problems with some Android users and the phone key :confused: hopefully that will get fixed soon! Enjoy!
FWIW, this seems to be the issue I am facing with the phone key:

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja and bhakan
Just a thought...

Is it possible the issue isn't with the 19" wheels, but the All-Season tires?

Maybe a possible defect or ride quality/sound issue with the AS tires and they're scrambling to find a sufficient replacement.

The wheel change could've been a distraction to the real culprit (tires).

Just a thought...

Is it possible the issue isn't with the 19" wheels, but the All-Season tires?

Maybe a possible defect or ride quality/sound issue with the AS tires and they're scrambling to find a sufficient replacement.

The wheel change could've been a distraction to the real culprit (tires).
I think the news called it “the coming rubber apocalypse”. Also stories showing tire companies looking to make rubber from plants. So certainly a possibility on the Tesla wheel of speculations.

Reactions: Gaskinse