Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm afraid to do that - I can envision yes for valid insurance, no for not uploaded - but if i go in the maybe category (insurance card but no vin) will the Tesla monkey, err, go ape? (i'll probably upload later today with my current insurance like you did)
Third Tesla on order, Missouri delivery, we always uploaded a current insurance document and just made sure we had the updated one with VIN when we went to pick it up.

still blank delivery date 19" tires... Perhaps we need a NEW forum for us 19" tires or at least a column for the 19" so they can be tabbed too?

Reactions: gbailey and Jjc8
What has everyone done regarding wire transfer of funds given all the delays? I have had a VIN and EDD of July15-20 but was pushed back daily until yesterday. Now have an actual delivery appointment and time of July 25, 1pm. I'm ready to push "send" on the wire but reluctant given the delays until closer to July 25.

MS LR. RN1147. OD 3/27 Blk / Blk / Arachnids / FSD

Reactions: hcdavis3
What has everyone done regarding wire transfer of funds given all the delays? I have had a VIN and EDD of July15-20 but was pushed back daily until yesterday. Now have an actual delivery appointment and time of July 25, 1pm. I'm ready to push "send" on the wire but reluctant given the delays until closer to July 25.

He who has the money has the power. I would not hit send until I was much closer to my delivery date and I knew my car was there.

Bring a cashiers check to delivery (tell your SA you are doing this so they can note it on your account). I just did this with my MYP delivery a few weeks ago and it worked fine. Took them a few minutes to scan in the check at delivery and add the car to my account.

If you wire the money and Tesla does not deliver your car or there is an issue where you have to reject the car, it is a pain to get the money back in a timely manner.

Reactions: Ormond and KyleDay

We've always just sent an ACH transfer after inspecting the car.

Reactions: Draketurner
Still holding July for almost 2 weeks. I know it's not realistic, but a man could dream.
Screenshot_20210719-095713_Chrome.jpg

Third Tesla on order, Missouri delivery, we always uploaded a current insurance document and just made sure we had the updated one with VIN when we went to pick it up.
still blank delivery date 19" tires... Perhaps we need a NEW forum for us 19" tires or at least a column for the 19" so they can be tabbed too?
There’s already a thread for 19” orders/deliveries

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja and Jjc8
I'm happy that dates are finally showing up. My MS LR White/Black now has August. Order date: April 4, 2021. :)
Yay, dates must be coming again because (for what it's worth/ nothing) I have an estimated delivery date again too (September). Model S LR MS 19" wheels, ordered May 1, 2021.

When I ordered at a retail location, my estimate was August. It changed to September soon thereafter and then changed to blank and was blank for the last 1.5 to 2 months (felt like forever because I checked my account every day).

Funny, I walked into the retail location again a few weeks ago while my account showed blank and my SA recognized me and volunteered to check my order status. He told me September at that time which I thought was just BS since my online account was still showing blank but who knows.

Since I don't actually need the car until November, I still have some cushion but who am I kidding. I almost changed my order to Plaid/ 21" wheels to get the car faster (and still might).

Now I'm excited again but I need to remember this is Tesla and that I will be far less disappointed and upset if I ignore all this and just be happy when the car is finally delivered. This forum is not good for my mental health.

That would be $5k PLUS the cost of the paint upgrade.
For that? I'd stick with white and get a vinyl wrap in black(if I HAD to have black)..which would be lessmoney. And the wrap MUCH less susceptible to swirl marks than black paint.

Then years later, get bored with the black? Remove wrap and have fresh new white paint.