Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw up to 5 refreshes I Springfield today Behind a glass separator from the show room. I saw two Plaids out for delivery, for one I was going to wish the new owner luck and congratulate, whe I heard issues with the driver’s side rear bumper. SA said mobile repair can fix, owner didn’t seem happy, I shut up and moved in, nice to finally see some in person, and experience the hold-removal in person…one day that may be me (LR, not Plaid though)
Spending $100K+, waiting 6+ months, needing rear bumper repair, I would definitely NOT accept delivery...

I just took delivery today and I am just going to send my brand new car to the body shop to get out all the scratches out. kinda sucks but it is what it is.the car was just dropped off at my house by a guy who knew nothing about the car couldn't even help me open the compartments. Was most likey a detailer from some off center place. they 100% knew about the scratches because the car was perfect except for the smudge marks where the scratches were because they were touching them. I worked really hard to be able to afford this expensive of a car I kind of want to as nice as I can get it and keep it that way if I scratch then it's on me.

It's not like there is anyone to call either to ask if they would even consider fixing them or have me wait for another car, the service center here in LA is the worst I had to call NY to get updates on my car because they have a call center in NJ that answers every call if no one picks up at the local spots.

car is quick tho, yoke is a little wide at the bottom but it's something you can get used to. I am a one handed 12 o'clock right turn driver so I catch myself trying to grab the top of the wheel for a right but other then that it's ok.

Can't figure out the lane assist it seems like there is no lane assist unless like auto steering is on I thought that was kind of weird being every other car it's just one by default and you push a button and it's on or off. it's like you need to have it in self driving mode to even have lane assist. A few maniacs almost took me out today it's to be expected here everyone is looking for a lawsuit so they can have more money.

for what it's worth the car is great I've never even been inside of a Tesla until today, I bought it knowing nothing about it or the company because it's the only car I liked. I ordered it and there were none in any showroom not even an old S and didn't waste my time in a 3 or Y because I just don't like those models, maybe they are to round for me or something.

Other then the scratches I have no problems with the car. The gas pedal is stiff but it's to be expected with power like this I'll get used to it all. I am extremely impressed with the wood trim in the black interior I was thinking I was going to try to swap it with the carbon from the plaid but no way it's just too nice.

LR 21's Feb order

Last edited:
I got an EDD of July today for my 1/15 MSM/LR/19” order. Not expecting delivery within the next week, but interesting nonetheless.
Same here...showed my wife and she said..didnt this happen a couple months back then it went blank again? *Nodded head and sat back down*

I just took delivery today and I am just going to send my brand new car to the body shop to get out all the scratches out. kinda sucks but it is what it is.the car was just dropped off at my house by a guy who knew nothing about the car couldn't even help me open the compartments. Was most likey a detailer from some off center place. they 100% knew about the scratches because the car was perfect except for the smudge marks where the scratches were because they were touching them. I worked really hard to be able to afford this expensive of a car I kind of want to as nice as I can get it and keep it that way if I scratch then it's on me.

It's not like there is anyone to call either to ask if they would even consider fixing them or have me wait for another car, the service center here in LA is the worst I had to call NY to get updates on my car because they have a call center in NJ that answers every call if no one picks up at the local spots.

car is quick tho, yoke is a little wide at the bottom but it's something you can get used to. I am a one handed 12 o'clock right turn driver so I catch myself trying to grab the top of the wheel for a right but other then that it's ok.

Can't figure out the lane assist it seems like there is no lane assist unless like auto steering is on I thought that was kind of weird being every other car it's just one by default and you push a button and it's on or off. it's like you need to have it in self driving mode to even have lane assist. A few maniacs almost took me out today it's to be expected here everyone is looking for a lawsuit so they can have more money.

for what it's worth the car is great I've never even been inside of a Tesla until today, I bought it knowing nothing about it or the company because it's the only car I liked. I ordered it and there were none in any showroom not even an old S and didn't waste my time in a 3 or Y because I just don't like those models, maybe they are to round for me or something.

Other then the scratches I have no problems with the car. The gas pedal is stiff but it's to be expected with power like this I'll get used to it all. I am extremely impressed with the wood trim in the black interior I was thinking I was going to try to swap it with the carbon from the plaid but no way it's just too nice.

LR 21's Feb order
Congrats. Not good about the scratches hope they can sort that out. I’m in LA too and the service I have had from them really is bad. I’m a Jan order and still blank. No idea when I will get the car. Don’t answer calls and zero communication. I agree on the other models. They are not great looking. Enjoy the car I have had one for three years and I know when I get mine it will be worth the wait. I just wish they would look after their customers better !!!

Congrats. Not good about the scratches hope they can sort that out. I’m in LA too and the service I have had from them really is bad. I’m a Jan order and still blank. No idea when I will get the car. Don’t answer calls and zero communication. I agree on the other models. They are not great looking. Enjoy the car I have had one for three years and I know when I get mine it will be worth the wait. I just wish they would look after their customers better !!!
Hopefully when Lucid, Benz, etc start delivering quality competition at scale, Tesla will get serious about treating customers better. Would hope they would just do so now, but it appears to not be the case. Elon needs a COO. Jobs had Cook...Elon needs someone who can actually run the business.

The crazy thing is that it's not just TMC. Nothing on Twitter, FB, anything!!! And not just the owners taking delivery - there aren't any pics in the wild from them being spotted by TMC users around town or chargers.

19s are the new sasquatch.
There’s one here!

Reactions: Vinny860
There’s one here!

I do believe 19s will start flowing in August. My local SC sales and service team is great, and I trust them a lot. They indicated last week to me that configs like mine will start deliveries in August, and I would expect mine in August or early Sept.

As a NOT [VERY] smart person, I've spent well over an hour thinking about your Tesla experience, all you stated in your post and trying to decide If I would be out of line with a reply of my thoughts. My intent is certainly NOT to criticize your decision to accept delivery. It's your car, not mine, and I have no right to criticize you, so I hope I may respectfully state my 2 cents worth to address the way you and thousands of us are treated by Tesla and what if anything can be done to NOT allow ANY company get away with this disgusting behavior. The honest answer here, in my opinion, Mr. Musk will NEVER change; hence, we are forced to change. It's extremely unfair since we are spending BIG BUCKS for this toy with incredible technology, although a lot of it hasn't worked, promises are always broken especially since we allow them to get away with business as usual. Mr. Musk is a genius; we are the foolish ones!!

You accepted the car and it immediately went into the shop. It's now your problem! SHAME ON YOU!! AGAIN, please understand my intent is to NOT dump on you, but for me to adjust my thinking as well as others, deciding if I shall allow this company to continue to treat honest, hard-working humans in such a despicable way.

ZERO communication, known major problems, and for a product sold as the safest on earth with mind boggling features, many of which do not work!!

My car, if I ever get one, may be perfect; unlikely, however. I would never accept a NEW Tesla with issues as many have stated they received. YES, I love the technology, want to learn and enjoy it and like most all here are extremely excited to own it, but especially based on your experience, I'm tempted to just pull the plug now, sight unseen. In my book, the customer experience is equally important as the product itself. After returning from Vietnam, I had the good fortune to be hired by a corporation with a truly superior corporate culture. We treated ALL customers as gold; BTW, the company treated all EMPLOYEES as gold!! WIN/WIN FOR ALL!!

SO SORRY to all for reading this and very respectfully, kind wishes yo all...

LR 21's Feb order
I just figured out how to turn on lane assist without the autosteer, fsd, etc. It's under the autopilot menu I believe. I'll have to look back and see exactly where when I get a chance. But I agree, initially I was confused that wasn't a feature for just regular driving.

I ordered in October 2020 in Orange County, CA. RN1141. MS LR blue exterior, white interior, 21" wheels, FSD. My estimated delivery date has been blank nearly the entire time except twice for a few days. Once it estimated June. Recently it estimated July. Now back to blank. I originally had the 19" wheels, but changed them over a month ago to 21" wheels when I saw it was helping people take delivery faster. I have talked to my rep several times. She is great and always responds, but unfortunately has no info on when it will be delivered. I did not really bother her much when they were not delivering the cars as there was no reason. Though I did change the configuration a few times. I have been bugging her more now that the cars are being delivered and my account is still blank. She escalated to her boss a while back. He called me and told me he would talk to the planning team. I have tried to contact him several times since then, but he has never responded.

I ordered in October 2020 in Orange County, CA. RN1141. MS LR blue exterior, white interior, 21" wheels, FSD. My estimated delivery date has been blank nearly the entire time except twice for a few days. Once it estimated June. Recently it estimated July. Now back to blank. I originally had the 19" wheels, but changed them over a month ago to 21" wheels when I saw it was helping people take delivery faster. I have talked to my rep several times. She is great and always responds, but unfortunately has no info on when it will be delivered. I did not really bother her much when they were not delivering the cars as there was no reason. Though I did change the configuration a few times. I have been bugging her more now that the cars are being delivered and my account is still blank. She escalated to her boss a while back. He called me and told me he would talk to the planning team. I have tried to contact him several times since then, but he has never responded.
Why is it so hard for them to deliver by order date. Infuriating when people who ordered months after us have their cars.

So I spotted this today while on a trip in Chicago… I guess the 19” do exist.
AA58A163-FC83-43A5-B053-8C855F186DA8.jpeg
AF2EFB00-DE61-4CAA-95D8-55303B87B302.jpeg