Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take back anything negative I ever said about SA's. They went out of their way to call me at 5:00pm on a Sunday, when I missed their call, they texted, and called me back within 2 minutes of texting. There was a problem with the self scheduling app, so he was going to do it for me. To top it all off, it will be a home delivery (was not an option when i purchased it) Sunday, August 8, Noon. Sounds like an early Sunday dinner, very far away (could have been 8/7, but I come back from vaca that day.

This is AWESOME news! Id say Im about a month behind you seeing the build and location being RI of course. Feel like showing her off, Id love to see it when you get it! Im in Wakefield daily now in the AM. Again, congrats!!!!

I have same July edd with 1142, i don't v believe it tho... Taking delivery in va

I just left Washington, DC. Stayed in Arlington, VA (which has become a second home to me over the past few years, Im there so much now). Had some fun at a Nats game. OOF.

Which SC in Virigina do you deal with? I might be moving to Arlington for good sooner than later its looking like.

Reactions: Concade1
I just left Washington, DC. Stayed in Arlington, VA (which has become a second home to me over the past few years, Im there so much now). Had some fun at a Nats game. OOF.

Which SC in Virigina do you deal with? I might be moving to Arlington for good sooner than later its looking like.
I'm in NOVA as well, so following this with great interest 🤣

Tesla earnings call today at 5:30pm EDT. Any mention of the S delays? We'll see....
Only one question regarding the S/X ramp and it's not close to the top of the list

Northbrook, IL? Thanks for posting. Wheels look much better than expected and that front lip looks low as hell.
I'm thinking that it's actually in High or Very High right now, look at the gap between the top of the tire and the fender.

If it was lower, they might pull the nose off , from that concrete block. You should never drive over those, particularly with a brand new car.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
I'm thinking that it's actually in High or Very High right now, look at the gap between the top of the tire and the fender.

If it was lower, they might pull the nose off , from that concrete block. You should never drive over those, particularly with a brand new car.
I’ve never had a vehicle with adjustable height. Can you drive in high or very high all the time, or do you have to adjust every time you pull into a parking space? How long does the adjustment take-a few seconds? I’m worried I’ll forget and damage my brand new car! If I ever receive it! ;)

I’ve never had a vehicle with adjustable height. Can you drive in high or very high all the time, or do you have to adjust every time you pull into a parking space? How long does the adjustment take-a few seconds? I’m worried I’ll forget and damage my brand new car! If I ever receive it! ;)
I have a 2015 P90D and if you change the height (to "very high" for example) it remembers the location and will always raise the suspension for you. I assume this hasn't changed. And you're right, it's very easy to damage the nose of the car. Never park over these curbs. Also, you can adjust the setting to go to "very low" above a set speed limit, which I do for highway driving. Adjusting the height takes only 5-10 seconds.

• Informative
I set my Benz to high when there's a lot of snow out, or if I remember and park over a curb stop (i try to stop before it). I once had one rip the front of the bumper from a Volvo I had - complete with a slit/crack by the headlight washer blade.
I THINK what happens is the tires cool, and the car drops 1/2" or whatever - enough that you can go over it without a problem (sometimes) but drag on it coming out.
On my Benz, I think the air suspension falls with the engine off, and then brings the car back up with the engine running. So if I have a snow situation or a curb (and if i remember) and see that red light on, I'll try to idle for a minute or two.
If the Tesla is a better sealed system, it may not lose height "with the engine off" - or it's possible once you are ready to go, it will repressurize.
Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if the height is lessened if the tires cooled while parked.

I set my Benz to high when there's a lot of snow out, or if I remember and park over a curb stop (i try to stop before it). I once had one rip the front of the bumper from a Volvo I had - complete with a slit/crack by the headlight washer blade.
I THINK what happens is the tires cool, and the car drops 1/2" or whatever - enough that you can go over it without a problem (sometimes) but drag on it coming out.
On my Benz, I think the air suspension falls with the engine off, and then brings the car back up with the engine running. So if I have a snow situation or a curb (and if i remember) and see that red light on, I'll try to idle for a minute or two.
If the Tesla is a better sealed system, it may not lose height "with the engine off" - or it's possible once you are ready to go, it will repressurize.
Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if the height is lessened if the tires cooled while parked.
Thanks to you and @Baltimore Tesla for your information. Very helpful!

The car will automatically adjust between Low and Normal when you are over 15 MPH and does not reset to High or Very High when you go below 15 MPH. Tesla advises against driving in High or Very High for extended period of times. Check out the manual on the auto suspension.

Have yet to look at the splitter and diffuser, but one way to avoid this could be to back into the space.

• Informative
  • Informative
Reactions: GrnSqrl and cwanja