Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ac went out in car and only have until sept 15 to take delivery so I feel your pain. Its infuriating. Ive just stopped looking here because can't wish anymore enjoy the car to people who ordered in may getting vins. Although i wish them the best karma doesn't work when it comes to this. I leave the positivity to 2021 plaid on the other forum.

My sa went blank on me every since she told me my car was being built and that I shouldn't switch to 21s, then they rose the price that night and she wont answer now as her recommendation is costing me huge. Want to get rid of fsd but want the car, and after how they gave preferential treatment to 21s as eoq push per sources on other forum the least they could do is pick up the phone. Seeing my exact build in the wild posted her in multiple locations so some communication on where the hell it is would be nice.
Sadly sir, your story is similar to many others here; Tesla apparently could care less about us all. It's mind boggling to me that a company capable of manufacturing such a brilliant product has not even the decency to communicate or interact with those that make them rather highly paid folks.

A superior corporate culture and customer experience means as much to me as the product itself. Had I known when ordering what I have learned the past 6+ months, I would have never ordered. I'm awful close to pulling the plug; SAD!!

Reactions: Ovrt23 and Drew-MS
I've seen some posts stating that SAs are able to look at a VIN and see where it is in the fulfillment process. A few questions:
  1. Do all SAs have this type of access & visibility?
  2. If so, what are the magic words to say to one when asking for a status update? Because I've tried every which way with my guy and he knows less than I do about what's going on.
I would expect all SA's to have the ability to look up a specific vehicle's whereabouts...if...you have a VIN. I simply walked into a SC, approached someone sitting at a laptop who looked like she wasn't busy and asked her if she could look up where my car was if I could provide her with a VIN.

Can you share a link or map or whatever for the train route? I actually tried a bit yesterday on google maps, was really hard to do, and just curious. For example, where does the Northeast distribution go to?
thanks so much!
I just googled "train route fremont california to chicago, il" and a map appeared. I clicked on that map and it showed two different routes, one northern and one southern. It won't show you where the Northeast distributions go; I got that information from someone at the SC and worked backward from there.

I would expect all SA's to have the ability to look up a specific vehicle's whereabouts...if...you have a VIN. I simply walked into a SC, approached someone sitting at a laptop who looked like she wasn't busy and asked her if she could look up where my car was if I could provide her with a VIN.
Agreed. Most should have the ability to. Whether they know how or are willing to, will likely be the difference.

Sadly sir, your story is similar to many others here; Tesla apparently could care less about us all. It's mind boggling to me that a company capable of manufacturing such a brilliant product has not even the decency to communicate or interact with those that make them rather highly paid folks.

A superior corporate culture and customer experience means as much to me as the product itself. Had I known when ordering what I have learned the past 6+ months, I would have never ordered. I'm awful close to pulling the plug; SAD!!
Hang in there.. When you receive your car, all of this aggravation will be long gone. I went through the same when I purchased my P100D (1st EV.) I was super frustrated with the lack of communication, difficulty getting someone on the phone, etc. In addition, the trade-in amount Tesla offered for my Porsche was about $12k lower than I expected. To make a long story short, thank god I hung in there. When I finally picked up the car, I quickly forgot about all the nonsense and it was my all time fav car. Round 2, dealing with the same nonsense all over again but I'm okay with it this time around.

I'm just curious how people on this forum who ordered 19" wheels in May/June somehow think they are going to get their cars in August/ September. There are people who ordered Plaid models from last December that still don't have cars. There is a long line of people ahead of you...keep dreaming.
The monkey doesn't care when you ordered. Some who ordered their Plaids in June already have theirs.

Same here...showed my wife and she said..didnt this happen a couple months back then it went blank again? *Nodded head and sat back down*
Same with me and also in Austin. Have a LR/19”/White/Cream on order and sold my Performance 3 a while back :(
Also in Austin and sold my car too. Thankfully return to office pushed to October!

Reactions: Issaction
How do you know that for certain? I ordered 6/29 and a SA told me late September/Early October. I’m pretty confident about that timeline.

I’m predicting many backlog orders will be delivered in August-Early September
My SA Told me March, then April, then May. I told my SA I heard not until September in May he said I was 100% wrong. Looks like I was 100% right. All of us "backlog" orders would have Vins by now.....

I'm just curious how people on this forum who ordered 19" wheels in May/June somehow think they are going to get their cars in August/ September. There are people who ordered Plaid models from last December that still don't have cars. There is a long line of people ahead of you...keep dreaming.

There’s been people who ordered in June and have already received. Check YT. There is 100% no reasoning to Tesla.

Yup same story here, sold my P100D in March. Two days later, first learned about the delays. If I held on, it would have been worth quite a bit more today :(
Exact same story here. I sold my P85D Feb 24 based on assurances I’d get my car in a few weeks. Now I’ve been stuck with a small two seat convertible for five months. Had they just been honest I’d have kept my car and wouldn’t care a bit when the new one came. And if Tesla had any interest in buying my car I’d have traded it in, but because it was high mileage they said they wouldn’t take it. Just telling the truth would have avoided a lot of the angst on this board as well as with the 99% of buyers who don’t follow TMC.

How do you know that for certain? I ordered 6/29 and a SA told me late September/Early October. I’m pretty confident about that timeline.

I’m predicting many backlog orders will be delivered in August-Early September

we’re right around the same order date. My SA says don’t expect a VIN until at least early Sep. I’m hoping for better but 🤷‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: Vinny860
I just googled "train route fremont california to chicago, il" and a map appeared. I clicked on that map and it showed two different routes, one northern and one southern. It won't show you where the Northeast distributions go; I got that information from someone at the SC and worked backward from there.

Hang in there.. When you receive your car, all of this aggravation will be long gone. I went through the same when I purchased my P100D (1st EV.) I was super frustrated with the lack of communication, difficulty getting someone on the phone, etc. In addition, the trade-in amount Tesla offered for my Porsche was about $12k lower than I expected. To make a long story short, thank god I hung in there. When I finally picked up the car, I quickly forgot about all the nonsense and it was my all time fav car. Round 2, dealing with the same nonsense all over again but I'm okay with it this time around.
Your words are appreciated sir!! I am optimistic that I will enjoy the car; another concern many of us have is the NEED for close inspection, such as the common uneven gaps, mis-aligned panels, yada, yada. I always do a look around when taking delivery of anything I purchase, however, it seems common when taking delivery of a Tesla, to use a rather complete checklist that might contain 100+ items. I never heard of such a thing on any new purchase prior to the tens of thousands of known imperfections that Tesla [NON] QC folks state is normal or unacceptable. My car does not have to be 100% perfect; however, for any new purchase, especially spending 6 figures, plus, it had better be 99% perfect (or more).

BTW, I am not thrilled by the promised February delivery now looking like a 7+ month delay, but had the company been honest and kept us informed as to what is taking place, why, AND an HONEST and realistic "guesstimate" as to when we might see our purchase, I could respect that and probably easily live with that. No happy, still, but I can deal with total honesty. Luckily, I have a decent daily driver and a weekend toy, unlike many others that have been without "wheels" for quite a while.

That's all for now, as my Tesla therapist arrives in 14 minutes, then Happy Hour...

Reactions: NoisyNinja