Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been a bit since I have been here, and seems like more delays...I bought a M3P in June because I had been waiting since Jan and after the plaid release I quit. BUT, I still kept my MSLR, black/cream/19s order. Still no delivery date, but a new order if I made it today says march/April and is $10k more. Anyone have experience buying and immediately selling one if these? Is there a market for that? I feel like someone with some coin would be willing to spend over MSRP to skip the line, and the $10k head start makes it even tastier for me. Any thoughts?

Been a bit since I have been here, and seems like more delays...I bought a M3P in June because I had been waiting since Jan and after the plaid release I quit. BUT, I still kept my MSLR, black/cream/19s order. Still no delivery date, but a new order if I made it today says march/April and is $10k more. Anyone have experience buying and immediately selling one if these? Is there a market for that? I feel like someone with some coin would be willing to spend over MSRP to skip the line, and the $10k head start makes it even tastier for me. Any thoughts?
You can definitely try. There are a few websites / auctions that are doing it. Not sure the traction they are getting. But it is worth a shot if you do not want the car. Or want the investment off the top of the flip

Reactions: Honcho7
Mine said something similar, tho he didn’t have any idea on when
I'll say this again: there is absolutely no reason for Tesla to not reach out to 19" reservation holders and give them the option of 21" wheels at the $4,500 cost increase. None at all. Better to book a $100,000 order now then wait until lord knows when. And I'm not about to pay $15,000 more for some wheels than I paid before because they took two price increases since then.

Even if they don't get 100% attach, all of that is profit upside for them. The entire post-purchase experience is horrendous; it's almost as if they have absolutely no one with a even the slightest hint of CX background working at this Fortune 50 company.

Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping my order because I love the cars. But it's just one mind-boggling misstep after another.

Tesla can and should strive to be better than this.

I wonder if Tesla is yet "planning to build" the car that they estimated they would deliver to me in February or March 2021. Liars and frauds. I am just praying that Mercedes releases the EQS soon. I will jump ship immediately, and if Tesla doesn't refund my $100 deposit, I will sue.
I am anticipating getting a letter in the mail in a year or two, with the wording “Did you order a Model S from Tesla in 2020-21? You may be entitled to compensation. 😂

The problem is when Tesla says “early next year,” experience should tell us that can’t be trusted. You have to figure it means summer 2022 at earliest.
Spoke to my SA in Burlingame - he said same thing - and multiple SAs around him agreed - havn't started making LR with 19" wheels yet. I have RN 1143 from Jan 21, and he said "october/november, could be sooner'.

I'll say this again: there is absolutely no reason for Tesla to not reach out to 19" reservation holders and give them the option of 21" wheels at the $4,500 cost increase. None at all. Better to book a $100,000 order now then wait until lord knows when. And I'm not about to pay $15,000 more for some wheels than I paid before because they took two price increases since then.

Even if they don't get 100% attach, all of that is profit upside for them. The entire post-purchase experience is horrendous; it's almost as if they have absolutely no one with a even the slightest hint of CX background working at this Fortune 50 company.

Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping my order because I love the cars. But it's just one mind-boggling misstep after another.

Tesla can and should strive to be better than this.
I don’t know about this. Delaying delivery of a car by over half a year because you don’t have the default wheels necessary to make it and then trying to upsell blingy wheels with the promise of timely delivery sounds shady. The right thing to do would be to offer the 21” wheels for free. Personally, I probably wouldn’t take them, but at least then I would think Tesla is making a good-faith effort to compensate customers for this debacle.

I spoke to a rep in LA. He said that Tesla does not have 19 inch wheels and hasn’t started producing cars with 19 inch wheels. He estimated “early next year” for my LR ordered in January 2021. RN1144. Not his fault.
Rn1148, red on black with 19s. My SA today said her system is showing mid Oct to mid Nov. Mine show blank after showing Sept on Monday.