Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem is you have to file a chargeback within 60 days of your statement date with the charge. Most of us that have been misled are out a lot longer than that and no longer eligible to dispute the charge.
My chargeback was almost a year after I made the initial deposit. Tesla just could not get their act together and perform the installation.

Again, I think it depends on your CC company.

SADLY sir, likely [many] thousands totally agree. Personally, I can't imagine any individual or company pull this stuff and especially one that is growing like no other company prior. How sad would it be to see tens of thousands of employees as well as many more times that amount in family members, suppliers and on and on, out of work and because of lies, and worse from the top few executives. A shocking number of us are ever so close to pulling the plug! Sorry...
Exact numbers I simply do not recall, but I'll make a best guessstimate of a major airline that went belly-up well over 3 decades ago. I "believe" approximately 20K employees lost their jobs, worse yet, I "believe" considering family members, about 55K humans were out, worse yet, vendors, family and on and on, the number affected grew to several hundred thousand+!!

Not wishing bad on ANY company, but imagine one 20X the size of that airline...

Eastern, Pan Am, TWA, and on and on...

My chargeback was almost a year after I made the initial deposit. Tesla just could not get their act together and perform the installation.

Again, I think it depends on your CC company.
There are two determinants of how long a chargeback is allowed. What your bank allows and what the processor (Visa/MC/AMEX) allows. No processor allows more than 120 days. Some banks have less, but Federal law requires at least 60 days. Not sure how you were allowed to make a chargeback after almost a year as it’s not allowed by any processor currently.

If this uncertainty goes into 2022 (seems almost certain that it will now), how many on this thread would consider reserving a Lucid Air instead? I say this as a 3-time Tesla owner, but at some point soon, I'm going to want to get a car! I sold my old S because I got a great offer for it and had my LR on order, and I am now driving a used ICE SUV the last 6 months, which is fine but not ideal. :(
I am about to breakdown and buy something in the meantime. When I placed my order back in December they said 4-6 weeks which was perfect cause my lease on my mercedes had 7 weeks left. Been renting a car since then but it's outrageous highway robbery renting a car for this long. I just can't justify it anymore in my head. I guess I'll buy something this week and sell it sometime in summer 2022 when they notify me they have my MSLR. This is just nuts. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jebinc
Never owned a Tesla most likly won’t buy another one. I went looking at alternatives but as far as I’m concerned it’s nothing else I like. People keep saying once you get it everything will be ok but idk this crap is foul and seems like a trash company that won’t do well when a viable competitor comes on the scene.
I went through this last year with my Model Y. Received one very early on. Had a ton of issues with it all of which Tesla addressed. I agree for a company that prides itself on technology it is laughable how bad they are in the area of logistics and customer service. But I will NEVER drive another non-EV again. It’s just that good. I pick up my S today and have been dealing with the same stupidity as everyone else because I know that the satisfaction of driving it is going to make all of this worth while. I also agree that once the competition heats up Tesla will have to deal with customer service issues.

Reactions: Robb1914 and Ormond
If this uncertainty goes into 2022 (seems almost certain that it will now), how many on this thread would consider reserving a Lucid Air instead? I say this as a 3-time Tesla owner, but at some point soon, I'm going to want to get a car! I sold my old S because I got a great offer for it and had my LR on order, and I am now driving a used ICE SUV the last 6 months, which is fine but not ideal. :(
Ahaha if my Model S LR goes into 2022 like they tell me “oh it’s going to be late December or for sure January.” I’m canceling and getting the plaid. I can’t afford the plaid right now but i for sure can next year if I’m already waiting this long. I’m for sure calling it quits if it’s late November or December. Then ordering the plaid and waiting till next year.
So we will see.

Ahaha if my Model S LR goes into 2022 like they tell me “oh it’s going to be late December or for sure January.” I’m canceling and getting the plaid. I can’t afford the plaid right now but i for sure can next year if I’m already waiting this long. I’m for sure calling it quits if it’s late November or December. Then ordering the plaid and waiting till next year.
So we will see.
Don’t get mad, get Plaid!
It’s the solution to all our blues. :D

I am about to breakdown and buy something in the meantime. When I placed my order back in December they said 4-6 weeks which was perfect cause my lease on my mercedes had 7 weeks left. Been renting a car since then but it's outrageous highway robbery renting a car for this long. I just can't justify it anymore in my head. I guess I'll buy something this week and sell it sometime in summer 2022 when they notify me they have my MSLR. This is just nuts. :rolleyes:
Given the crunch on used cars, your best bet would be to buy out the lease if you can.

Reactions: T-Racer
Don’t get mad, get Plaid!
It’s the solution to all our blues. :D
With absolutely zero disrespect or criticism aimed at anyone switching from LR to Plaid to get the car earlier, I personally cannot imagine paying an additional $ 50k (Canadian + 13% taxes) to get a car where I drive in a world that 100 KPH ( 63 MPH for our cousins down South ) is strictly enforced and a ticket for anything related to what this car can do would double insurance in a key click if not triple !!! A Prius is ripe for a ticket in the Great White North..... and where (mostly except our wild West) radar/laser detectors are illegal (not that they don't exist 😉). I could get one if I wanted but after a couple of gut crushing and exhilarating launches and demo rides, I would be relegated to the masses of drivers. I get my need for speed from flying where the speed limit below 10,000 ft is 200 knots .....

I went through this last year with my Model Y. Received one very early on. Had a ton of issues with it all of which Tesla addressed. I agree for a company that prides itself on technology it is laughable how bad they are in the area of logistics and customer service. But I will NEVER drive another non-EV again. It’s just that good. I pick up my S today and have been dealing with the same stupidity as everyone else because I know that the satisfaction of driving it is going to make all of this worth while. I also agree that once the competition heats up Tesla will have to deal with customer service issues.
Thank you that honestly helps a bit specially since you said you had issues but they took care of it. Enjoy yours and post pics!!!

Reactions: Ormond
With absolutely zero disrespect or criticism aimed at anyone switching from LR to Plaid to get the car earlier, I personally cannot imagine paying an additional $ 50k (Canadian + 13% taxes) to get a car where I drive in a world that 100 KPH ( 63 MPH for our cousins down South ) is strictly enforced and a ticket for anything related to what this car can do would double insurance in a key click if not triple !!! A Prius is ripe for a ticket in the Great White North..... and where (mostly except our wild West) radar/laser detectors are illegal (not that they don't exist 😉). I could get one if I wanted but after a couple of gut crushing and exhilarating launches and demo rides, I would be relegated to the masses of drivers. I get my need for speed from flying where the speed limit below 10,000 ft is 200 knots .....
I mean I am buying plaid for the track. But because I don’t have another $30,000 to put as a down payment no way I’m getting a plaid now. Next year? Yes. Now? Nope.

Cross-posting from another thread:

I just contacted my delivery center today and they responded back that my October date was now estimated from the factory as “mid-December”.

RN1151 white/black/19 east coast

That is NOT going to fly with me. Thinking it’s time to pull the plug now rather than continuing to wait and be disappointed.

They really botched this launch. Like really, really badly.

Some ready in logistics for truck shipping, then at the end that same old lot of dusty Ss that have been sitting since like May or so at this point. Don't want one of those...
Just watched the video. Logistics lot is busier than I have seen it in many weeks/months of videos so that is encouraging. It would be nice to know what is missing/wrong with that huge lot of Model S's at the end. agreed. Really don't want one of those but I have a feeling they will be delivered at some point once whatever issue is ironed out.