Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all of you IOS Users i can highly recommend this app it will guide you with the inspection process during delivery. It comes with checklist and you can upload pictures etc.

You are welcome

I try to only check here once a week. I get tired of the endless speculation about reasons for changes in EDD (and particularly people who use any change as an excuse to bash Tesla).
Fortunately, I still have my 2015 Model S which is always a joy to drive so I can wait without too much angst.
Well then I guess you have a level of restraint and maturity greater than all of us. Most of the comments and criticisms levied against Tesla on this forum are completely justified. You call it “bashing”. Whatever. People are buying a $100k+ product. Their communication about delivery has, for the most part, sucked since release of the new S. Customers deserve better. Period. Elon needs to go hire his version of Tim Cook to fix things. As long as rocket man does not have an ops expert, it will not get fixed. But the market will speak and dictate action as more EVs are offered in the market. And I say ALL of this as both a Tesla customer and shareholder.

Well then I guess you have a level of restraint and maturity greater than all of us. Most of the comments and criticisms levied against Tesla on this forum are completely justified. You call it “bashing”. Whatever. People are buying a $100k+ product. Their communication about delivery has, for the most part, sucked since release of the new S. Customers deserve better. Period. Elon needs to go hire his version of Tim Cook to fix things. As long as rocket man does not have an ops expert, it will not get fixed. But the market will speak and dictate action as more EVs are offered in the market. And I say ALL of this as both a Tesla customer and shareholder.
Beautifully stated sir and more importantly, FACTUAL!! BRAVO...

Called Tesla, they said my car is at the delivery center since Tuesday. However, nobody has ever contacted me about scheduling a pickup. I have called them twice to see what is going on and if I can schedule pickup, but they always just "send a message" to my SA and "delivery team" to let them know to contact me. They've done this twice now without anything coming out of it. Anyone experience something similar before? What may be the reason?

• Informative
Reactions: MEL-22
Called Tesla, they said my car is at the delivery center since Tuesday. However, nobody has ever contacted me about scheduling a pickup. I have called them twice to see what is going on and if I can schedule pickup, but they always just "send a message" to my SA and "delivery team" to let them know to contact me. They've done this twice now without anything coming out of it. Anyone experience something similar before? What may be the reason?
The standard advice is to drive down to the delivery center and get someone in front of you who can't ignore you.

Yes, this is infuriating. As a side note, I can't count how many times I've cross-shopped other cars through this whole process. For a company that wants to transform the world, they sure make it a huge pain in the ass to participate.

The standard advice is to drive down to the delivery center and get someone in front of you who can't ignore you.

Yes, this is infuriating. As a side note, I can't count how many times I've cross-shopped other cars through this whole process. For a company that wants to transform the world, they sure make it a huge pain in the ass to participate.
2nd time this hour, yet another beautifully stated and factual post!!

Reactions: cwanja and jebinc

Cross shopped? Like this? I’m taking delivery of my LR if and when it arrives but given I got it at pre-price increase if Lucid really does put out a 517 mile 800hp car that’s competitive Tessie is going to Carmax late next year when this arrives and hopefully won’t be too much of a loss. I’m sure Tesla doesn’t care but they are literally driving loyal customers to the competition.
1631308546351.jpeg

Where are you in Florida? I'm Tampa. What is your RN and configuration. Thanks.

Cross shopped? Like this? I’m taking delivery of my LR if and when it arrives but given I got it at pre-price increase if Lucid really does put out a 517 mile 800hp car that’s competitive Tessie is going to Carmax late next year when this arrives and hopefully won’t be too much of a loss. I’m sure Tesla doesn’t care but they are literally driving loyal customers to the competition.
View attachment 707641
NEW RECORD: 3 (THREE), spot-on posts in ONE hour!!

So, the '+' designation is a first for Tesla. Any ideas what that means?

Someone previously speculated that the other 'S manuals' released this year apply to the entire fleet of Teslas (from the dawn of time).
If your Model S is equipped with the medical-grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter, this filter ensures the best quality air inside the cabin whenever the climate control system is on and outside air is entering the cabin (recirculate is off). The HEPA filter is extremely effective at removing particles, including pollution, allergens, bacteria, pollen, mold spores, and viruses.​
p. 137 2021.32 Tesla Model S owners manual '2021+'
Yes, that refers to the software version, not the model year of the car. So, 21+ refers to version 21 software 2021.24.4. .32.5, .32.10, etc. It is not a tipoff to model year 2021+ or 2022.

There seems to be very wide variations with experiences with SCs and SAs. I am in Canada and one of the first (it appears) to actually have a delivery date. I had an EDD of 9/18-9/27 and a week ago received an email inviting me to pay for my car. I was very intrigued and checked the JavaScript on my portal page and sure enough, there was a VIN there. A day later I got an email from my SA that he had a VIN and my car would arrive mid September to mid October. Interesting. Four days later (Wednesday) I receive a text message from the SC that my car is on the way and my delivery date is set for September 24th at 4:30 PM. Enter CONFIRM to confirm or text back an alternate. I replied asking for an earlier time that day due to commitments and had a 10:30 am appointment within 5 minutes back, confirmed and showing in my portal. I still do not show a VIN in my portal however a new document called a MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) appeared as a new document and showed the VIN and the confirmed delivery date. So far (from the time I got my surprise email inviting me to pay) I am pleased with the responsiveness and even an offer to deliver Sparky to my garage. NO WAY I says !! I need that 'first date' feeling of laying eyes on it when I pull into the SC. Out of a small sample size of about 10 of us Canadians on WhatsApp ( our own private therapy group but spoken in Canadian ) there appear to be no VINs for Plaids and only VINs for LR's so far but a number of EDDs in early October so thank you for sending some of your beauties up here to us ! As others have lamented here (and I ordered in February) once you get a sign of life that it is happening, all of the pain from waiting starts to drain away and only smiles remain. If all stays on track there will be an LR in my garage two weeks from right now.... exciting :)