Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seems to be very wide variations with experiences with SCs and SAs. I am in Canada and one of the first (it appears) to actually have a delivery date. I had an EDD of 9/18-9/27 and a week ago received an email inviting me to pay for my car. I was very intrigued and checked the JavaScript on my portal page and sure enough, there was a VIN there. A day later I got an email from my SA that he had a VIN and my car would arrive mid September to mid October. Interesting. Four days later (Wednesday) I receive a text message from the SC that my car is on the way and my delivery date is set for September 24th at 4:30 PM. Enter CONFIRM to confirm or text back an alternate. I replied asking for an earlier time that day due to commitments and had a 10:30 am appointment within 5 minutes back, confirmed and showing in my portal. I still do not show a VIN in my portal however a new document called a MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) appeared as a new document and showed the VIN and the confirmed delivery date. So far (from the time I got my surprise email inviting me to pay) I am pleased with the responsiveness and even an offer to deliver Sparky to my garage. NO WAY I says !! I need that 'first date' feeling of laying eyes on it when I pull into the SC. Out of a small sample size of about 10 of us Canadians on WhatsApp ( our own private therapy group but spoken in Canadian ) there appear to be no VINs for Plaids and only VINs for LR's so far but a number of EDDs in early October so thank you for sending some of your beauties up here to us ! As others have lamented here (and I ordered in February) once you get a sign of life that it is happening, all of the pain from waiting starts to drain away and only smiles remain. If all stays on track there will be an LR in my garage two weeks from right now.... exciting :)
I am in Toronto, LR grey FSD RN114588 ordered March 5. EDD is Sept 21-28. No VIN yet and am out of the country till Oct 20. Have advised SA several times, no response. Guess will get concerned when a VIN appears as not sure delivery can be delayed, or what happens if can’t take the car in specified delivery date.

Looks like the LR blue/cream 19”s are starting to roll off the line! Just got my range bumped up to Sept. 19- 30. Will be more confident when I get the VIN 😀
Ok I didn’t just get my Tesla and forget about about everyone here.
208FD7C7-EB23-488C-AEB2-C7D4758B140F.jpeg

Ok I didn’t just get my Tesla and forget about about everyone here. View attachment 707885
Been busy testing her out. Yeah and I don’t know man came with almost 0 flaws yes driver side door doesn’t latch good paint job is flawless though. Have the worm in the steering wheel but I don’t ever notice it so none issue. The charge is awesome 25 minutes from 3% to 80% on the 250 kWh chargers. No trunk mat but I could give a crap less about that it’s way too much fun driving the car. The wait was 1000 times worth it, I’d do it over again in a heartbeat if I had to

I am in Toronto, LR grey FSD RN114588 ordered March 5. EDD is Sept 21-28. No VIN yet and am out of the country till Oct 20. Have advised SA several times, no response. Guess will get concerned when a VIN appears as not sure delivery can be delayed, or what happens if can’t take the car in specified delivery date.
I'm out of country right now as well and got the email to pay. My delivery date got bumped to Sept. 11-18. When I called to see if I can delay delivery they said not possible. If I miss it I will need to wait for the next batch, which found be another 3-4 months wait. Luckily in flying back Sept. 16th so all is good

It's nice to see people getting their cars delivered, however without mats/missing items. I don't think any other manufacture would be able to do that. I'm hoping when I get mine EDD 12/8 these issues are all taken care of.

On a side note, if anyone in the SF Bay Area looking to get a MS LR, White/Black, 19s pre-price hike PM me. I got another reservation (RN11517XXXX).
I know I will sound like a fanboy saying this however, the supply chain issues are not improving across all industries and the choice is hold everything until you get everything or ship partial and complete later. I think it is the right choice to get the cars out missing a few drop in trim pieces. It is definitely the better alternative to stopping all deliveries because they do have trunk shelves !

Mytes, both my SA (Kitchener) and a Tesla Canada Executive I spoke with assured me that the S and X are ‘custom order cars’ and they will not give them away. I had a similar concern and was told at worst, I could EFT the payment, e-sign the documents and they would deliver the car to my garage. I ordered six days before you. PS VINs are not seeming to appear in our portals like they do for our American cousins. Install the VIN finder extension in Chrome and when you go to your portal it will notify you if a VIN is found. You can also search the JavaScript code on your page which is how I found mine. Your trigger will be an email from Tesla inviting you to pay for the car and then a new document link will appear in your portal called MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement). That document will contain your VIN. As soon as you get the payment email it is ‘game on’. Our VINS seem to be 442xxx. Reach out to Aleks on this forum if you wish to join a WhatsApp therapy room we have up North 🥴

Mytes, both my SA (Kitchener) and a Tesla Canada Executive I spoke with assured me that the S and X are ‘custom order cars’ and they will not give them away. I had a similar concern and was told at worst, I could EFT the payment, e-sign the documents and they would deliver the car to my garage. I ordered six days before you. PS VINs are not seeming to appear in our portals like they do for our American cousins. Install the VIN finder extension in Chrome and when you go to your portal it will notify you if a VIN is found. You can also search the JavaScript code on your page which is how I found mine. Your trigger will be an email from Tesla inviting you to pay for the car and then a new document link will appear in your portal called MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement). That document will contain your VIN. As soon as you get the payment email it is ‘game on’. Our VINS seem to be 442xxx. Reach out to Aleks on this forum if you wish to join a WhatsApp therapy room we have up North 🥴
Thanks very much for your information. I did find the vin through the Java script. Also I was thinking about their delivering and picking up the trade in. I can arrange all that remotely, so I will suggest that to them!

Reactions: Proppilot
Thanks ! That settles it.

We are assuming the XM Sirius just needs software to enable it.

I have seen other makes with tire info, but looks like Tesla does not.

When anyone gets a 19” with All Season, please share some photos of the tires so we can see what to expect.
Got the preli summer tires on our 19”.

Thanks very much for your information. I did find the vin through the Java script. Also I was thinking about their delivering and picking up the trade in. I can arrange all that remotely, so I will suggest that to them!
If you found the VIN in the JavaScript you will be getting the invite to pay within days. Check your portal for the MVPA link as well. Congratulations ! Mine is MSM/black/19 and see you on the 401 around the GTA :cool:

Finally got a VIN last night after 6+ month wait. <RN1147 Black/Black 19> Sept 18-24 EDD TX.

Does anyone know if I can add a trade in and change cash to financing? I tried emailing my SA. Havent received a reply. Is there some other place I can contact?
I added trade in. Call Tesla number. Go to deliveries and ask them to allow trade in and they will reset you account to allow you putting in trade in.

• Informative
Reactions: WiLz
Recent change to my EDD

Blank since mid may
August 10: September 19-30
August 13: September 17-30
August 17 : September 15-30
September 11: September 22-30

As you can see it's been close to a month with no change. Yesterday I messaged my SA that maybe it might be a good idea to renew my loan since it hasn't been touched since March 3rd and my EDD is coming up. They did tell me it expired and said they will renew it right away. And today there was a date change, so im not sure if that had anything to do with it. The estimated delivery window is down to 9 days so I'm taking that as a very good sign.

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD 9/22-9/30 Denver, CO

Been busy testing her out. Yeah and I don’t know man came with almost 0 flaws yes driver side door doesn’t latch good paint job is flawless though. Have the worm in the steering wheel but I don’t ever notice it so none issue. The charge is awesome 25 minutes from 3% to 80% on the 250 kWh chargers. No trunk mat but I could give a crap less about that it’s way too much fun driving the car. The wait was 1000 times worth it, I’d do it over again in a heartbeat if I had to
Looks like another Blue/Cream/19 is coming soon! My EDD just tightened from 9/10-30 to 9/13-26…
1631369120672.jpeg

You probably have a VIN in the source code. My EDD is Sep 22-29 and the VIN is in the source code. From Toronto as well.

Reactions: Aleks0404