Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most aren't complaining about the exact people of Tesla. The people complaining about SAs and whatnot are being unfair because they are literally not told anything from Tesla corporate -- it's out of their hands and we can't fault them for it. However it is completely valid to complain about the senior leadership who is responsible for operational planning. If when I ordered my car in January I was told it would be a 9 month wait, then that's fine. But when dates slip a few weeks at a time for 9 months, that's a major problem. Lots of people sold their cars only to find out their dates went blank with no ETA. Many planned big vacations long in advance only to have EDDs change so dramatically that it landed during vacation and now they have to postpone their orders and get back into the queue. The appreciation is the $100,000 payment.
Most aren't complaining about the exact people of Tesla. The people complaining about SAs and whatnot are being unfair because they are literally not told anything from Tesla corporate -- it's out of their hands and we can't fault them for it. However it is completely valid to complain about the senior leadership who is responsible for operational planning. If when I ordered my car in January I was told it would be a 9 month wait, then that's fine. But when dates slip a few weeks at a time for 9 months, that's a major problem. Lots of people sold their cars only to find out their dates went blank with no ETA. Many planned big vacations long in advance only to have EDDs change so dramatically that it landed during vacation and now they have to postpone their orders and get back into the queue. The appreciation is the $100,000 payment 🙂
When I picked up my car yesterday in Raleigh there were 3 other blue/cream/19”s in the lot still not detailed. Apparently they did a batch of that config in early Sept. Our build date is 9/6. Don’t know if those cars are spoken for but it seems that now would be a good time to check your SC to see if there are any declined cars in our config closer to you before they move on to another color batch. Hope you get your car soon & when you do you will be blown away by the ride, comfort, & handling of this powerful car 😀

I have the same opinion. I still fail to see why it's useful except for when you are in tight spot and summon will help. Other features seems unnecessary. 10k is also another issue.
There was a huge jump Friday night with the release of the “button” to begin the reveiw process of those who FSD with city streets will be released to. My understanding is if you didn’t pay for FDS or subscribe you do not get the opportunity. All hearsay for me cause my car is still a few weeks out.

I’m going crazy here. My EDD just jumped from EOQ (Sept. 25-30) to Oct. 20 to Nov. 9. What the heck? There’s nothing unusual about my order. MSM Black 19s 1/27, very close to Fremont. Lots of other people are getting this car. Maybe Elon reads these forums, saw that I had a hissy fit and removed FSD, and now he’s punishing me.
Not sure if it helps but you should give your sales center a call. When I called Walnut Creek earlier this month they said I had a very high probablitly of getting my car by 9/30. And it happened. Not sure if this was just dumb luck but maybe the sales people do have some minor insight.

Reactions: dschol
I’m going crazy here. My EDD just jumped from EOQ (Sept. 25-30) to Oct. 20 to Nov. 9. What the heck? There’s nothing unusual about my order. MSM Black 19s 1/27, very close to Fremont. Lots of other people are getting this car. Maybe Elon reads these forums, saw that I had a hissy fit and removed FSD, and now he’s punishing me.
You are correct to be perplexed; recall please, Tesla is extremely consistent with their game plan, that is to be extremely inconsistent, do whatever does not make sense, do everything possible to "earn" a disloyal customer(s) and on and on. Fit & finish aside, I'm told the product might be amazing and I trust that is the only reason this company is not "yet" belly-up.

Apologies for my honesty...

I dont believe there are many LR 19 1152s getting VIN at this time. I would also estimate that you will be getting your car mid October at the absolute earliest based on the current trend. But to not get your hopes up, you should probably expect it in November.
Where did you search that 1152s and 19s getting VINs at this time ? I tried to search but no result .

Picked up my MSLR blue/cream/19”today in Raleigh. Car was nearly perfect except for the frunk was slightly misaligned. It was missing the trunk parcel shelf & all the floor mats. Paint looked great & will have it checked out when it goes in for ceramic coating, partial wrap, & tinting at ATD in Garner (they had previously done our 2017 75D). There were 6 LRs with 19” rims at the SC (1 red & 5 blue/cream). 3 had Conti AS tires & 3 had Pirelli summer tires. Unfortunately mine had the latter. The SA did talk to his manager about switching them out as I had requested the AS ones long ago. His manager then gave me the only option being to decline the car & go back in the queue. Not really a valid option after waiting 7 months for delivery! The car is truly amazing with a very comfortable ride. Was pleased that the yoke was easier to get used to then I thought it would be. However if there was an option for a regular wheel then I would still chose that. The worm was there but only visible from a certain angle. I am very disappointed though that it no longer has creep mode. Pulling into our 2 car garage is more difficult when you have to hit the accelerator of this very powerful car instead of slowly driving in. We are happy to finally have our car & in spite of the mind numbing delivery process, it definitely exceeds all our expectations 😄

Sad that the manager won't switch out your tires. We're in Fall already so I'd hope they'd be more willing to go the extra mile and help out customers and make sure they're vehicles are ready for the inclement weather approaching.

On another topic, I see you are getting a partial wrap. Is there a period of time after receiving the car that I should wait until getting a partial wrap on my S? My 3 was just in an accident last month and the auto body shop instructed not to replace the wrap on the 3 until 4 weeks have gone by since they had to paint the front side of the car. I know Tesla's paint application is different than what you'd have in a typical body shop, but I'm wondering what the wait period is for wrapping a new S.

Insane. Maybe my SA is correct. My EDD narrowed to Sept 27-30 yesterday, holding steady today.

SA said October most likely but perhaps into Nov. She doesnt see the possibility of EOQ. I'm actually expecting to see my EDD move to Oct like yours, the fact it hasn't give me a little hope. You ordered 3 months b4 me and we might get car the same time. Sheesh, what an inept operation. If it werent for SC network, I would have given up.

Reactions: dschol
Insane. Maybe my SA is correct. My EDD narrowed to Sept 27-30 yesterday, holding steady today.

SA said October most likely but perhaps into Nov. She doesnt see the possibility of EOQ. I'm actually expecting to see my EDD move to Oct like yours, the fact it hasn't give me a little hope. You ordered 3 months b4 me and we might get car the same time. Sheesh, what an inept operation. If it werent for SC network, I would have given up.
Is your range 9/27-9/30 with or without a VIN? The main reason I'm skeptical with these days is that prior to these end of Sep dates, when the range was within 7 days it looked to be a guarantee of a VIN within a few hours. That does not appear to be the case with the end of Sep dates, making it seem like it's more of wishful thinking on Tesla's part rather than an accurate estimate based on throughput of the factory

Most aren't complaining about the exact people of Tesla. The people complaining about SAs and whatnot are being unfair because they are literally not told anything from Tesla corporate -- it's out of their hands and we can't fault them for it. However it is completely valid to complain about the senior leadership who is responsible for operational planning. If when I ordered my car in January I was told it would be a 9 month wait, then that's fine. But when dates slip a few weeks at a time for 9 months, that's a major problem. Lots of people sold their cars only to find out their dates went blank with no ETA. Many planned big vacations long in advance only to have EDDs change so dramatically that it landed during vacation and now they have to postpone their orders and get back into the queue. The appreciation is the $100,000 payment 🙂
When I placed my order in January expecting delivery in March, I doubt there was anyone in upper management who thought I would not be given delivery till October. In hindsight it might look like a major problem. In life noting is guaranteed. I prefer to believe that upper management was making the best decisions based upon what they knew at the time. I too did not have the vacation I had planned.

A teacher of mine once gave me, I think, wonderful advice, “Only complain to those who can do something about it.”

Lastly, I would say that our $100,000 is not appreciation, it is simply agreement.

Reactions: DCland21
Same has happened to me twice but the September dates have switched back after a day. For me, once I pass the first date of the window which for you is 9/25, the window will change to Oct - Nov but then after a day or two, I’ll get a new September window. Good luck to us both!

Same has happened to me twice but the September dates have switched back after a day. For me, once I pass the first date of the window which for you is 9/25, the window will change to Oct - Nov but then after a day or two, I’ll get a new September window. Good luck to us both!
Same for me. Probably means be on the lookout for fall through cars that others couldn’t take delivery on, but nothing firm assigned*.

*I basically made this up and have no inside information.

Pick up my car tomorrow at 1pm in Stockton, anybody know if they are hard that time or if you can pick it up earlier? I’m flying up from San Diego so if I can get It sooner, then I can get on the road back home. If I had a SA, I could ask them, but I’ve never had one, except my wife’s old SA replying to an email I had previously.
Wait. What? You ordered on 9/7 and you are getting a car on 9/27?

I was holding steady for a few weeks for an EOQ delivery window but then yesterday it pushed to October 07 - October 27.

RN1150. LR/MSM/Black/21"/No FSD. So Cal.

Definitely bummed! My guess is they realized if they can prioritize 100-200 cars that have FSD on them and push non FSD to next quarter, they can add 1-2M of revenue.

Is your range 9/27-9/30 with or without a VIN? The main reason I'm skeptical with these days is that prior to these end of Sep dates, when the range was within 7 days it looked to be a guarantee of a VIN within a few hours. That does not appear to be the case with the end of Sep dates, making it seem like it's more of wishful thinking on Tesla's part rather than an accurate estimate based on throughput of the factory
No VIN, well maybe my SA has been correct all along. First time I asked her about EDD was 1 month ago when it showed EOQ but she said Oct/Nov. If i dont get it by Thurs, I guess she had some behind the scenes info and it was just fake news (lol) making up an EDD. I demand an audit (lol again) , can I do it?

I was holding steady for a few weeks for an EOQ delivery window but then yesterday it pushed to October 07 - October 27.

RN1150. LR/MSM/Black/21"/No FSD. So Cal.

Definitely bummed! My guess is they realized if they can prioritize 100-200 cars that have FSD on them and push non FSD to next quarter, they can add 1-2M of revenue.
Another theory but most likely theory is Tesla is just a mess. The other post, also bay area, said he ordered in Jan, with FSD. Still hasn't gotten it as of like yesterday so he canceled FSD. Since he had FSD from OD to just yesterday or so, you would have thought he got the car by now. At least before those who ordered months later without FSD.