Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do the order numbers actually mean? Is it chronological?

The best answer is the RN numbers mean nothing to us.

The accurate answer is the RN number is chronological for all Tesla products. So you RN number is lumped with all other car and product orders.

Case in point, ordered an LR last week, EDD late March. Today updated to Mid Jan.

Meanwhile, others have been waiting a year or more...

Does it just keep asking you for trade in details? If so at the bottom of where you’d take pictures etc there should be an area that says “I don’t want to trade in anymore.”
That’s what I have done for all my orders. Most of my friends have done the same. It is anecdotal, but from everything I’ve seen on here and from others, having anything sitting there waiting is going to kick you to the back. If you just select cash and no trade in you’ll actually get an EDD. You can change literally everything once you get a VIN.

It’s an absurd system. Add it ti the list of unnecessary complications once you order a car. My only real complaint about Tesla is what happens after I order a car.
I'm just scared if I click "I don't want to trade anymore" it may hit me with the price increase and/or put me in a lower priority. Did you do this after your original order and it was OK?

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: DavidSRQ
Got my VIN today along with a request for my bank information for full final payment. Sorry if this question is addressed somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. Here goes.

I ordered in early December before the refresh was announced. When we reconfigured, we were told there would be a $2,000 credit because of the price having increased over our original order. Has anyone gotten that? If so, how did it work, was the final payment amount reduced or some other form of credit issued? Any help on this would be appreciated since as you might imagine, I'm eager to get me hands on the car!

Reactions: Blue Stuff
I ordered in early December before the refresh was announced. When we reconfigured, we were told there would be a $2,000 credit because of the price having increased over our original order. Has anyone gotten that? If so, how did it work, was the final payment amount reduced or some other form of credit issued? Any help on this would be appreciated since as you might imagine, I'm eager to get me hands on the car!

I didn't have this, but others have had this applied as a $2k credit in their MVPA. I'd reach out and push for a revised final.