Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that asked, the new iOS app does show the VIN as soon as assigned, before delivery. I just got my VIN.

3587B1F6-8994-4ED9-99F2-B994A2C4706C.jpeg

Ok so I did the Tesla insurance this morning for a quick look. I currently use GEICO (since 2020) after bring with USAA for 30 years. USAA was screwing me after 30 years and no claims. We have no claims with Geico either.

So with Geico I'm paying $91/month for my wife and I plus 16 year old daughter for 2020 Model 3 LR. Tesla was $140/month for wife only and was just over $142/month for 3 of us. :eek:

I was really looking forward to lowering this as wife's Merc 2018 GLS 550 is only $70/month. Ridiculous. :mad:

Edit: Let me add that we set coverage to as close to our current coverage as possible but Tesla insurance was actually slightly less coverage compared to what I'm already paying.

Last edited:
Was doing my daily refresh of my account to see if my date range changed again and saw something new while scrolling down and initially thought I was getting a VIN or something but looked closer and saw a new option for Tesla insurance. Guess they’re now offering it in Texas now
Yeah, it launches like this next month in TX.
It uses your safety driving score - won't have that many people 1) willing to have that data shared for insurance, and 2) willing to move away from the other company that may provide insurance on other cars and homeowners, etc.

Got an update today: I had a Blank EDD for about 3 weeks and this morning I got an EDD of Dec 28 - Jan 17. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but I used the chat on the Tesla page to check for an update - no update (surprise, surprise...) but I did ask to get a contact for a SA assigned to me. Not too long after that chat, I got a call and text from an SA (Greg) who said there wasn't any additional actions I needed to take at this point and that he'll be handling everything, from delivery updates to scheduling a pick-up.

Reactions: MasterFung
This thread has been so helpful. After reading that not entering a trade could be holding up a EDD, I marked “I don’t want to trade a vehicle”.

That got me to a step about uploading my insurance information. Did that also.

This morning an EDD showed back up:

January 30-March 1

Order date 6/24. MSLR, MSM, 19”, black, no FSD.

I had the generic Sept-Oct EDD, until early August sometime, when it went to Dec 7 - January 4. Then the EDD disappeared entirely late August, now this.

I stopped by the Kansas City delivery center on Tuesday, and asked them to check on my date. Was told that they can still see December.

Did my delay in marking this trade in, somehow push me back in the queue? Honestly, if that’s the case, I’m pretty pissed. I feel like if there are outstanding issues to resolve in your account, Tesla should be relating them to me via email every few days.

Very frustrating.

If you are seeking an update on your order I have found the folks at this number for Tesla to be very helpful. (888) 518-3752. I really do like my sales associate but the folks at this number seem to have even more information. Literally just talked to somebody here regarding my order and was told to expect a gate date in early November. A vin is matched to an order as soon as the car rolls off the assembly line. The gate date is the date the car gets put on a truck to ship out of California. Good luck to all

If you are seeking an update on your order I have found the folks at this number for Tesla to be very helpful. (888) 518-3752. I really do like my sales associate but the folks at this number seem to have even more information. Literally just talked to somebody here regarding my order and was told to expect a gate date in early November. A vin is matched to an order as soon as the car rolls off the assembly line. The gate date is the date the car gets put on a truck to ship out of California. Good luck to all

I want to believe that I could actually talk to someone at Tesla...but even my SA won't pick up the phone...

I have a few months to go, so I guess it is a case of don't call us, we will call you...

It was explained to me by them yesterday that my van was generated, but the car hasn’t been built yet.

• Funny
Reactions: MasterFung