Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been following multiple threads, but wanted to update everyone on the status of my July 4th order (RN11525), White/White/19s. I'm located in Las Vegas and was had an EDD 12/14-1/4 which was holding steady. Today, I logged into my account and I'm now seeing EDD 11/13-11/27. I still do not have a VIN. I don't know if this is the logistics algorithm changing temporarily. but will update with any changes. I'm looking forward to my first Tesla and hope it will be a 2022.
Congratulations!! But this is absolute horse Shiit

Prioritizing post price hike orders over previous orders is ****ing terrorism.

I do recall reading somewhere that once you're at the 400-500mile mark for range (we're basically there)

No we're not. The new MS is at most a 300 mile car, under realistic conditions and "average person" driving habits (e.g. 70+ MPH on the highway, etc). Once we're actually a 400 or 450 mile car, I might agree with you.

5BB05E74-D775-4E8D-B647-188BFF87E895.jpeg
Hey all . I was able to call in and receive my s 5 days early . Thanks for all the input and checkpoints on what to look for ! Everything was good . Except a small gap in the frunk . Not by much , scheduling a day and Tesla will send someone out to fix it soon ! Now it’s time to take it strait to get wrapped inside and out !

View attachment 730952Hey all . I was able to call in and receive my s 5 days early . Thanks for all the input and checkpoints on what to look for ! Everything was good . Except a small gap in the frunk . Not by much , scheduling a day and Tesla will send someone out to fix it soon ! Now it’s time to take it strait to get wrapped inside and out !
Order date?
View attachment 730952Hey all . I was able to call in and receive my s 5 days early . Thanks for all the input and checkpoints on what to look for ! Everything was good . Except a small gap in the frunk . Not by much , scheduling a day and Tesla will send someone out to fix it soon ! Now it’s time to take it strait to get wrapped inside and out !
When did you order and what was EDD? Can you post more pics?

Order date?

When did you order and what was EDD? Can you post more pics?
White / Black interior / 21" Arachnid Wheels/FSD

Ordered May 14

My edd changed a bunch of times . But once your window narrows down to 10 day window . It’s pretty much yours to lose . My last two edd was Oct 27- Nov 25 then it changed to Nov 5-15 .

I had another similar thing happen in sept for eoq but I had to deny it waiting for my house to be built so I could close on it and then get this

Thanks for this. I know nothing about manufacturing. In my head I’m picturing one line that they just take turns churning out the different models. 😂.

I have no idea the amount of retooling that is required and what is possible to do but I selfishly wish they would shut a 3/Y line down and crank out some more S/Y.

They are never going to catch up at this pace and are going to lose a ton of business. By the time they catch up the S/X will need another refresh. :(
LUCID is looking pretty appealing.

No we're not. The new MS is at most a 300 mile car, under realistic conditions and "average person" driving habits (e.g. 70+ MPH on the highway, etc). Once we're actually a 400 or 450 mile car, I might agree with you.
I agree with you, as I want and need EV’s to achieve 400 plus real range under all conditions. That would make such a big difference when traveling.

For those who have VINs assigned and car delivered…. How long was your waiting period from VIN assignment to Delivery Day?

Vin is
For those who have VINs assigned and car delivered…. How long was your waiting period from VIN assignment to Delivery Day?
Depends where you live. VIN gets assigned the day the car rolls off the end of the assembly line. 7-10 days shipping to Chicago.

I got 240 miles out of my 2017 MS75D under "normal conditions". This new S is way more efficient with a much larger battery. I'll get close to 400 easy. To say this is a "300 mile" range car is just false.

Instead of keep refreshing my order summary page every day and hoping for a sooner delivery date/VIN, I have put together a spreadsheet of the order detail from different users in this thread (MSLR support group🤪), and created a Google form for people who want to share their order details to others to update the tracker:

MSLR tracker
Tracker input form

View attachment 721908
I entered data in form but there was no option to include my city. How do I add city? Also, how often is site updated?

Agreed, whatever Tesla says for range, take about 20% off the top. I'd say with the 19s, the Model S is realistically a 350 mile range car, definitely not 400.

I got a VIN! It was MF452, however I am out of town so I passed on it. They said I should be able to get another car in December.

What was weird is that out of the blue, I got the text around noon and I could have picked it up today.

Wonder if someone rejected. I'd recommend just skipping until Q1, I would never take a Tesla EOQ, especially not EOY. They start rushing those things out the door as fast as humanly possible.

I agree with you, as I want and need EV’s to achieve 400 plus real range under all conditions. That would make such a big difference when traveling.

What's even more annoying is that there's no standard from EV to EV. For example, VW rates the Taycan at 230 miles ish, but in most situation it gets nearly 300 or more. Teslas get way less, and everyone else is in between.

The EPA needs to wake its ass up and design new tests, they cover temperature, Hwy/City. The rated range is more or less meaningless on any EV.

I received VIN today and shorter delivery window of Nov. 21-25. Strange that they would use "Turkey Day" for delivery because Service Center is closed. I'll be a 1000 miles away that week with family. If they say it is ready for pickup 1-2 days before the holiday, will they let me pick it up after Thanksgiving? Geez, I've waited since Jan 8th for this car and it's my second MS. Friends / family think I'm crazy to wait this long for an EV.
Others may have replied so I will add that YES they will accommodate you. I had the same stress that the delivery day was finally set after I ordered in February and lo and behold, I was going to be in Switzerland. I spoke with a Tesla Executive directly who told me that our cars are custom ordered and will not be given to the 'next in line' if not picked up within three days as the contract says. Yes !!! We are CRAZY to wait this long BUT all of that will dissipate immediately on your first launch....

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
Do you own a Tesla? This is not a 300 range car. They updated heatpump for winter efficiency and the wiper issue. I have a 1st model 3 2018 and even without heat pump etc I still get 275 range in winter all highway. The new Y that my friend has gets 90% of its range in the winter too. Just confused by your statement