Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been offered a MSLR that does not exactly match their order? I would gladly take a car that is a different color, or one that has different wheels if it saves me 3-4 months of waiting? This is one thing I do not understand about the logistics. Tesla offers a car to someone who just ordered because it matches their build rather than offering it to someone who has been waiting 8 months.

RN1147 OD 4/4/21 MSM/blk/21/ no FSD. EDD 1/30/22 - 2/8/22
Yes I was offered a bunch of different cars middle of Q3 but they said they wouldn't honor my pricing so they would charge me +10k + price difference of the options. I passed

Figured I’d give it a shot…
RN11516… 05-25 dec.

Any chance delivery will be before then?
Seems like there are a lot of us with EOQ delivery dates that are being pulled into November. My original EDD was mid November, hoping I'll be one of the lucky ones pulled into this month or early Dec. I'm still showing Dec 09-31st.

I am a RN1153 with a delivery of 11/9 to 12/7, Today is 11/9, am I due for a EDD change, or will this hold? Just starting to get over anxious and appreciate any insights on how my EDD will be updated.
Well my EDD was just updated this morning to 11/24 - 12/19.
Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
19" Tempest Wheels
Cream Premium Interior with Walnut Décor

That's ridiculous! They could've made a sale if they honored your price. "Yea sure, I'll pay 10k more for the exact same thing I ordered!" /s
But it is not the exact same car. For example, the car I was offered was 21s (+$4500) and black interior (-$2500 from my white interior). So $2000 difference. This scenario was all pre-price hike.

Finally got that elusive VIN - MF454. No email or text from Tesla, just logged into my account and there it was. Delivery 11/24-28, so almost exactly 6 months to the day from order. Those of you have waited longer… it’s some bull crap and I’m sorry.

For posterity’s sake / so someone can eventually figure out Tesla’s “algorithm” - I held Nov 3-Dec 1 for all of October. On Nov 3 it flipped to Nov 17-27; on Nov 10, VIN. No 2 week window, no push to February.
Congrats! Are you picking up in Peabody? Hopefully I am hours away from a VIN and will ride on the same train/truck. Else, I fear I'm getting bumped to January as I can't imagine there will be many trains coming to the north east once we hit early December.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Well my EDD was just updated this morning to 11/24 - 12/19.
Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
19" Tempest Wheels
Cream Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
That's my exact same config, I'm seeing others with this config get updated EDD's. I'm really hoping that I get lucky and get matched with a car if they're building this config at the moment!

Edit: Didn't see you quoted yourself with prior EDD in there.

But it is not the exact same car. For example, the car I was offered was 21s (+$4500) and black interior (-$2500 from my white interior). So $2000 difference. This scenario was all pre-price hike.
My build is blue/black/19s and comes to $81,490. The builds they were offering were mostly cream or white & 21's so +$7000 already and then they wanted to hit me with another $10,000 to update to current pricing. I would've done it and spent more money if it weren't for the 10k though. If I remember right at the time when they called I think they offered me like 3 plaids and 4 LR's. One was a red/white/21s I was in love with. Just not enough to pay $18k more for it lol

Woke up this morning and my EDD was pushed back to Jan - Feb (1 month range) vs Original 10 day (12/22 - 12/31). Fun time. Looking at the current plaid EDD (Dec) I am tempted to transfer my mslr to my cousin and jump onto a plaid. :)
On a potentially bright side, maybe, just maybe your EDD will result in a '22 VIN? I'm seriously considering pushing out my delivery until Jan/Feb.... Not sure yet... sigh.

Reactions: jackk
Congrats! When did you order? I am picking up the same configuration in CO, ordered June 3 and mine just changed to March.
Order date was 07/14, moved from September to October, then to November and now looking at December delivery. Hope it has All Season tire as pick up is in Kansas City and roads can be dicey that time of year.

Reactions: EVTag and gbailey
There’s a lot of things to consider with this, like driver comfort settings, charging behavior etc. It’s the same for some that can get better mpg in their cars then others with the same model. The figures that Tesla advertise are based off of EPA ratings, so I imagine they are achievable.
What a coincidence he also got 300 miles.

November 20 to December 4 EDD. Checked my email this afternoon and lo and behold there was an email from Tesla with a VIN - MF455xxx.

All thoughts of waiting for a 2022 immediately left my head. Since I am at day 42 of my 45-day loan approval period, the timing was better than I expected. Thankful for the VIN and remembering that there are still customers waiting for their Model S who placed their orders before I did on June 16.

Will post pictures when I take delivery.

Yes I was offered a bunch of different cars middle of Q3 but they said they wouldn't honor my pricing so they would charge me +10k + price difference of the options. I passed
I was offered 2 a while back like 2 months ago! One black/black that no one was responding to pickup for. One that was red/creme that financing fell through.

Not a fan of those combos so declined. Oh well. I want my original order though now of white/white as shouldn’t be far off.

Note, they were not sure they could honor the price I was told back then, but it was just after one $5k increase at that time.

Reactions: DavidSRQ