Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I sold my MS85D back in August anticipating Oct delivery. That ship sailed and now have to burrow my wife's M3 to get around. Very frustrating, but am holding on hoping that my current EDD of 8 holds with VIN forthcoming soon (16 - 31 Dec EDD) with no more changes. Sorry to see EDD slips for so many folks today.
We ordered in March 2021, and still nothing. We are getting fed up and thinking that we have to shop for another vehicle. I don't know what's comparable at this point. We ordered a LR with self-driving package.

Took me 5 minutes to help my buddy program his. I think step 1 is have a decent remote available and activate near the passenger bumper when prompted, car has to accept
Step 2 press the organ button on your garage door opener and have the car send the signal.
You might need a new remote battery, or get the car closer to the door opener.
Hope you have success.
Step 1 is done: the display says that it has copied the RF signal. At that point, it should prompt me to go to the opener and push the Learn button. I don't get that prompt, so step 2 does not work.

I texted Tesla service. Hope they can answer. The Homelink in my 2018 S100D was very easy to set up, so I know the opener works with Homelink.

I am very frustrated because we ordered a LR in March 2021 and the delivery date keeps slipping. It held in December, but when we checked recently, it's now January. I called Tesla and they claimed "production issues". I am trying to figure out why my LR is taking so long. It's Tesla White, with the self-driving package.
Whats the full config? White with what interior and wheels?

Yeah I saw both of those but reviews have said they both have really slow write speeds. By “kinda big” I meant that most of them are sticks instead of smaller form factors like the ones you mentioned. I might just go with a portable external SSD instead
Why do you care about slow write speeds? Once your music is copied over, playing back the music is read only.

We ordered in March 2021, and still nothing. We are getting fed up and thinking that we have to shop for another vehicle. I don't know what's comparable at this point. We ordered a LR with self-driving package.
Hang in there dude..I ordered in April and I’m finally picking mine up next week. My EDD bounced around everywhere as well and at one point jumped to Feb-March but from what the SA saw it still said December for him then after a week my EDD corrected again. Yours might jump back to something sooner too

Hang in there dude..I ordered in April and I’m finally picking mine up next week. My EDD bounced around everywhere as well and at one point jumped to Feb-March but from what the SA saw it still said December for him then after a week my EDD corrected again. Yours might jump back to something sooner too
Thanks for the hopeful message. It's good to hear of people in the same/similar boat.

Get used to it, I ordered the beginning of last December, finally got a VIN 2 or 3 weeks ago, pickup will be on Dec 6. That’s slightly over a year wait. Glad that I hung onto my ’15 S. Good luck.

I ordered in March 2021 as well. Got a VIN 2 weeks ago. Delivery appt this coming Wednesday at 10:00am. I am in OH. Was at the SC today and I asked the SA how many LRs they have delivered. He said "about 3 dozen" since June. Slow trickle, but production is definitely picking up. Stay strong. Your VIN is coming soon. There was a LR, black on cream with 19s, being prepped for delivery today, and the SA gave us a tour. Stunning car. I am coming from a 2017 S 75D, and this is a huge upgrade on many levels.

I ordered in March 2021 as well. Got a VIN 2 weeks ago. Delivery appt this coming Wednesday at 10:00am. I am in OH. Was at the SC today and I asked the SA how many LRs they have delivered. He said "about 3 dozen" since June. Slow trickle, but production is definitely picking up. Stay strong. Your VIN is coming soon. There was a LR, black on cream with 19s, being prepped for delivery today, and the SA gave us a tour. Stunning car. I am coming from a 2017 S 75D, and this is a huge upgrade on many levels.
I've been following you...so please let us know how the delivery experience goes and please send photos of the car... :)

My order was RN11507 and I received my VIN about two weeks ago - MF456. I postponed delivery due to Thanksgiving. Delivery is Dec 4th!

I hear about missing parts, panel gaps, paint defects, window seals, software updates, screens blanking out etc. I am sure that Tesla will deliver a compliant car with good build quality.

The only thing that makes me nervous is that TESLA can’t event get the TESLA ap to play sound when viewing the model s essentials video. To get audio I have to go to the TESLA website. It has sporadically played audio but it is hit and miss after an ap upgrade.

Come on TESLA - prove me right that my SLR will be high quality with few problems!

Agree the EDD has little validity, but it's the one thing we have that offers us a bit of hope, albeit at the risk of disappointment.
The only thing 100% guaranteed by Tesla is your EDD WILL change and it will change often.
Maybe 99.9% guaranteed to change. My EDD has been "TBD" for 169 days straight. JeffR, I have less than a bit of hope.

Perhaps I'm part of the EDD monkey's experiment: "What if we don't give them an EDD at all?" Appears to be a very small control group, however.

Well, I’ve entered my EDD for the 3rd time today. Let’s see if I actually get an appointment scheduled or if they push me back further. I want to be optimistic here, but I’m fully expecting some EDD update later this morning.
Update: I emailed the Charlotte SC directly and they quickly got back to me and confirmed my car will arrive on 12/1 and scheduled my delivery for Friday at 1:00. figure I’ll go ahead and block off the whole afternoon for pick up and driving around!

Last edited: