Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone is being too polite to break this to you but don't even try to get excited about a January 2022 order at this point. It is almost offensive on these pages.
You are probably right. I wasn’t really believing the initial EDD of July. Now that they moved it to a 30 day window May to June I’m more inclined to believe it. Having said that, I will not be surprised nor upset if I end up waiting a lot longer. The only thing I’ll loose is value on my trade-in.

Reactions: rdmdriving
So today started as they all do here in northern Vermont during the winter. Temps were about -10 degree F, sky was overcast and the world seemed frozen in place like an arthritic knee that just will not open up and work right. Suddenly the sun burst through an opening in the gloom and streamed down upon my computer. With my morning coffee in hand I started my day like all the others for these past many months and went to my account on the Tesla website. First thing I noticed was my EDD changed again. Change #18 so far. Out to Feb 8-12 from Jan 31-Feb 14. What's new my sleepy brain first said before seeing something more rare than rocking horse manure. It was a VIN. Yes, indeed I had heard and read of these but never since my June 11 order had I actually seen one on my own personal page. Could this be the unicorn I have waited for? And with a 4 day delivery window, I was suddenly feeling as excited as a young girl going to her first Prom.
So after waiting only 8 months, my unicorn may be mine. I hope the pointy end of the horn does not come to give me a nose ride. My VIN is a NF468 which means nothing to me in terms of new lights or other puffery as long as its built right and makes the 4.5 hr journey from Paramus NJ back to Vermont.

Attachments

• in a van.gif
    in a van.gif
    426.1 KB · Views: 67
1153. Cincinnati pickup. 2/6-3/6. SA said I should expect a vin early February
1151, ordered June 21st. Cincinnati pickup. Went from February (for the past couple months) to May 10th - June 7th late last week. I called Tesla after the date change and the rep I spoke to didn't even bother to look at my reservation. She said that she was only aware of Plaids having been delivered. I'm used to Tesla delivery being a hot mess but my annoyance is turning to disgust.

Model S LR, blue, black interior, 19", No FSD

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
1151, ordered June 21st. Cincinnati pickup. Went from February (for the past couple months) to May 10th - June 7th late last week. I called Tesla after the date change and the rep I spoke to didn't even bother to look at my reservation. She said that she was only aware of Plaids having been delivered. I'm used to Tesla delivery being a hot mess but my annoyance is turning to disgust.

Model S LR, blue, black interior, 19", No FSD
I haven't seen many with black interiors lately on the inventory site. Mostly cream and black & white. I wonder if they are blowing off batches of black interior because the others make more money.